No announcement yet.

good job ruining sylph arena

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something just hit my head on the way here, and correct me if I am wrong before the patch as I only remember from 2 years ago (stopped playing and then played again a few months back) and before we had merges on 586. In the past, on the old system, we would have battles on our own (or merged) server. Now with this thing, it's all cross server. It should not be matched with points a players has on them; it should be evenly matched by the total BR a person has on their team the moment that START button is pressed. If people take out sylphs to get a lower BR and then hit the button to get a match, it should average out considering three sylphs that have 20k each can probably take out one that has like 50k/60k if they got the defenses padded in enough.

I don't know... As I have said, this system bites donkey nuts that I am just throwing a weak sylph to get the free junk.
    Vicious! Approach with Caution!
    Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
    Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
    Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Originally posted by xrycek View Post
      Agreed. I'm allegedly ranked somewhere in the 500s, yet 6 straight matches and 9/10 agaisnt entire (and unique, no repeats) teams of 2nd evos/maxed out oranges? The hell with this.
      I'm in silver rank and at least 4 matches every day have at least 2 2nd evolutions...
      I need a hammer to whack the BG nutcases.

Comment

Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
        If people take out sylphs to get a lower BR and then hit the button to get a match, it should average out considering three sylphs that have 20k each can probably take out one that has like 50k/60k if they got the defenses padded in enough.
        No the 50k br sylph would win, same way a 300k or whatever it is odin can nuke my 400k br team.

Comment

good job ruining sylph arena

In short, the new sylph arena sucks big time! Wartunes, you've taken away strategy, you've taken away choice, you taken away the reward for participation, even if you lose, and ruined the enjoyment of arena. I don't even want to bother any more. At least before you had a choice of several opponents. You could base your choices on strategy and earn a successive series of victories avoiding being ridiculously outmatched. It's just not fun any more.

Comment

This new sylph arena was the dumbest thing the devs have ever come up with.

Comment

WT Test Player: But in ain't broke!
              R2 dev: And that is why we are FIXING it!!!

Comment

Last week, Saturday and Sunday matches:
                - 6 times Saturday matching same big player (his team BR is 2 times more than mine, not speaking about his Odin), then match 3 more (1 win and 3 loss)
                - 5 times Sunday matching big player again, then other similar 3 times, so I gave up my last 2 attempts

So strategy for next week: Do not fight last days of the week, only bigger players here and I will not lose -7 per fight.

Spend more to be better? Why? Have 5 evolved sylphs and 1 close to, sepulchre from new SkyTrail for my last non-evolved to maximize + plus this 600+ bonus per week ...
                Maybe if they retained advanced sepulchre, for example for platinum a/o diamond league.

Comment

new sylph arena is for big casher now

btw we get more rewards but we should have 2 rewards to select it like last time
                  I think a lot of pl need Adv. sepulcrum not sepulcrum.

Comment

Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
                    Something just hit my head on the way here, and correct me if I am wrong before the patch as I only remember from 2 years ago (stopped playing and then played again a few months back) and before we had merges on 586. In the past, on the old system, we would have battles on our own (or merged) server. Now with this thing, it's all cross server. It should not be matched with points a players has on them; it should be evenly matched by the total BR a person has on their team the moment that START button is pressed. If people take out sylphs to get a lower BR and then hit the button to get a match, it should average out considering three sylphs that have 20k each can probably take out one that has like 50k/60k if they got the defenses padded in enough.

I don't know... As I have said, this system bites donkey nuts that I am just throwing a weak sylph to get the free junk.

3 sylphs with 20k br will practically NEVER defeat a lone sylph that has a 50k+ br. The strongest sylph always attacks first, so the first attack will wipe out at least 1 of them. The game really doesn't allow you to build up multiple sylphs at the same time without spending a small fortune on balens to buy mahra and sepulcrum. You should always build up one sylph at a time if you're not big on cashing. Save your mahra for events(enough to upgrade your primary sylph to next star) and do not upgrade your sylph to the next star until you have 3 out of the 4 aptitudes stats maxed. Having a 1-star orange sylph that had a total of 500 sepulcrum invested in it would get wrecked by a 1 star purple that had 3,000 sepulcrum put into it. So the last thing you should be buying for your sylph is mahra.
                    I should also point out that the rewards given out from sylph arena are not worth the cost of rapidly building up 3 super-strong sylphs. Really, it isn't. If you're going to throw lots of money away to make something super-strong, use most of it on your main character and primary sylph(mounts, sepulcrum, etc.).

I opted to focus on a Hades sylph first, and eventually refined it to Gaia. Recently I got all of the aptitudes maxed at orange and refined it to an orange Hera(or whatever its called), which now requires advanced sepulcrum. So now I can start throwing all of my mahra and sepulcrum into a different sylph.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowPlay View Post
                      I don't see matching being broken that much, i fight people up to 30 spot ahead at most, problem is that i've a stack of 400k+ sylph team ahead so it's fairly hard to get more point.
                      I skipped sylph arena for 4 days & now 1 battle brought me up from 3000+ spots to 19xx spot, but still got only 25 points.

Comment

Originally posted by TolapPumj View Post

3 sylphs with 20k br will practically NEVER defeat a lone sylph that has a 50k+ br. The strongest sylph always attacks first, so the first attack will wipe out at least 1 of them. The game really doesn't allow you to build up multiple sylphs at the same time without spending a small fortune on balens to buy mahra and sepulcrum. You should always build up one sylph at a time if you're not big on cashing. Save your mahra for events(enough to upgrade your primary sylph to next star) and do not upgrade your sylph to the next star until you have 3 out of the 4 aptitudes stats maxed. Having a 1-star orange sylph that had a total of 500 sepulcrum invested in it would get wrecked by a 1 star purple that had 3,000 sepulcrum put into it. So the last thing you should be buying for your sylph is mahra.
                        I should also point out that the rewards given out from sylph arena are not worth the cost of rapidly building up 3 super-strong sylphs. Really, it isn't. If you're going to throw lots of money away to make something super-strong, use most of it on your main character and primary sylph(mounts, sepulcrum, etc.).

I opted to focus on a Hades sylph first, and eventually refined it to Gaia. Recently I got all of the aptitudes maxed at orange and refined it to an orange Hera(or whatever its called), which now requires advanced sepulcrum. So now I can start throwing all of my mahra and sepulcrum into a different sylph.
                        Yep, I am always stockpiling Mahra and Seps to use during events, and would never go beyond using 500 for each day of said event. The sky trail, if done right, gives a good amount of seps a day to keep in storage to be used in events as well, or to splurge if you have more than 1k. Technically, most of my stuff: MT Whips, Regular Sepulcrums, Mahra, etc. are stocked into my inventory until said events for their use comes up, so I am good in that department. I just found out that you can level 2 sylphs at the same time by having 1 deployed on character and 1 deployed on eudaemon as far as EXP goes on just about anything, including bonfire now.

Still, I missed the old days where one can select their battles to fight.
                        Vicious! Approach with Caution!
                        Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
                        Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
                        Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Dont' forget you get 15 shards from loss and 20 from win for sylph equipment now...

Comment

Best matching ever :/

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sylpharena.png
Views:	1
Size:	178.3 KB
ID:	1717999

Comment

Originally posted by Maddoc74 View Post
                              Dont' forget you get 15 shards from loss and 20 from win for sylph equipment now...
                              yay more **** to sell ..

Comment

Originally posted by KrazycatSS2 View Post
                                I'm honestly surprised they don't let you "see" who you will match with balens, and be able to spend more balens to switch your opponent, ofc you would have to spend more balens to identify more ppls.
                                why are you suprized i am not considering that its the same set up as arenas....they dont want you to know what server they come from because then you would have reason to complain about the 600k one hit your eudea recieved the ruined the game and keep ruining it

i am a casher but now this game is for crazy cashers they fixed it where as the non cashers and medium cashers are equal and the strong cashers keep getting thr breaks

Comment

Working...
                                X