Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can see the direction is to twilight this game.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can see the direction is to twilight this game.

R2 is making it painfully clear that Wartune is not producing enough revenue, even though the constant lag issues are not resolved, and is in process of running players off. This is not a great business model, I'm sure the metrics do not show these players are joining another R2 game.
    Very few of the recent patch attempts have done anything other than drive more revenue.
    1-Dimension War is now the R2 version of the Home Shopping Network, also, you have decreased the battle rewards by setting the algorithm to favor revive attempts, just like Vegas-house always wins.
    2-Sylph Arena is terrible, we can no longer see whom we are attempting to fight. I don't know of any war here the soldiers were dropped off blind fold and then only when the shooting starts were they allowed to take of those blindfolds. Then, we were fortunate enough to receive
    Advanced Seps weekly to give a glimmer oh hope that one day we too might be able to have the high ranking Sylphs, that has been taken away now.
    3-Purgatory has been messed up also, it does not matter what Res you have, it appears unbeatable for all but the elite top. Before this latest cash drive, it could be beaten, I have not come close since.
    4-Gold Recovery- This was a great feature that is now gone! Really? Take away the Exp recovery for there is little chance to upgrade skills without gold.
    5-Our server is an East Coast server yet you have the one and only Eud Arena in the middle of the day when most people are either at work or school.
    6-All the Crit numbers in PVP events are destroying the speed of the game, I am tired of the company line responses about computer speed, clearing cache or whatever else you are claiming to be the issue.
    It is time to stop deflecting, the issue is yours and yours alone.
    7-Your mentors that pop in once a month and give some "the sun is up" advice is silly, to say the least. Sorry, that's my opinion!

My rant is done, it will fall on deaf ears, I feel much better getting this in the open. There is a reason your profits were down last quarter, the reason is you! When the ship is sinking even the rats abandon, this ship is sinking.
    It saddens me as I have made a few friends on here, hopefully we will all find another gaming platform to continue on.

Have a great time bashing away forum trollers!

Don't forget sky trial that rewards incessant amount of star tear to fill our inventory
    so that we can sit there helplessly thinking what to do with them - Can't sell them, can't convert them.
    Fate stone return, how kind of them

The new dawn is mobile game platforms with a rather rapid market growth compared to web browser games.
    I believe that the actual devs for wartune moved on to mobile app games and left it to some amateur game
    designers to plan the course of Wartune's future.
    Last edited by Imonseph; 09-21-2015, 09:42 AM.
    "Why so glum? As if you ate a sour plum,
    Why so grim? I think you need some pimple cream,
    Why so serious? :-o "

"Game disappointment? If the game won't change, then just change your game! (you play)"

Comment

Originally posted by Imonseph View Post
      Don't forget sky trial that rewards incessant amount of star tear to fill our inventory
      so that we can sit there helplessly thinking what to do with them - Can't sell them, can't convert them.
      Fate stone return, how kind of them

The new dawn is mobile game platforms with a rather rapid market growth compared to web browser games.
      I believe that the actual devs for wartune moved on to mobile app games and left it to some amateur game
      designers to plan the course of Wartune's future.

To get rid of excess Star Tear Shards, synthesize Star Tear - Fire, Water, Electro, Wind, Dark, or Light, and then sell them. Problem solved. Yes, I realize it is stupid that you can't sell the shards. It just means you have to go an extra step to get rid of them by synthesizing them into another form and then selling them.

As for crit numbers destroying the speed of the game, mentioned by the original poster, you probably need to upgrade your system. I'm running an Intel i7 quad-core 2.4Ghz system with 16 Gb RAM, Win7 using Aero themes. I experience minimal lag except for when I first log in and in locations where there are a lot of player characters on the screen, which can not be helped regardless of how powerful your system is because it is an issue with the Flash Player program itself. Having a sub-standard computer system will further exacerbate the game lag and can make it unplayable if your system specs are too low. If you are a gamer and like playing Flash Player-based games, I would recommend your system have at minimum an i5 processor(or it's equivalent) with 12-16 Gb RAM, depending on your operating system(i.e. Windows 7, 8, Vista, etc.). Earlier versions of Windows prior to Win 8 tend to demand more system resources to function. For example, running Aero themes on Win 7 uses a lot more resources.
      Also, some players try to use laptops, which may not work very well if there is insufficient RAM and you have a non-Solid State Drive(i.e. an HHD). The spinning 5700 rpm Hard Drives in laptops are slower than the ones used in desk top computers(7200 rpm), so if your laptop has to use disk space due to not having enough RAM, its going to slow everything to a crawl. Any laptop that you're going to be using for gaming of this type should at LEAST have 16 Gb RAM. If you're unable to install this much RAM in your laptop due to system limitations, see if you can replace the 5700 rpm HD with a solid state drive(SSD). If your system specifications do not allow installation of an SSD, and you're unable to upgrade the RAM amount, then you're stuck with the choice of buying a new system or continue playing a lag-infested game.
      If you buy a new system, get a custom system and buy it to last. You end up paying more money in the long run if you have to continually buy a whole new system every 2-3 years rather than just upgrading the processor, RAM, or graphics card.

Comment

You use gold to do that. 100k gold to make 1, 1k gold when you sell it. That is the problem and why people are not happy.

Do you even read the complaints or do you just randomly pick words and make snide remarks about it?

Comment

Originally posted by TolapPumj View Post

To get rid of excess Star Tear Shards, synthesize Star Tear - Fire, Water, Electro, Wind, Dark, or Light, and then sell them. Problem solved. Yes, I realize it is stupid that you can't sell the shards. It just means you have to go an extra step to get rid of them by synthesizing them into another form and then selling them.
          But check the amount of gold you use for synthetize Star Tears and amount you get it from selling them.

BTW, level 4 of Sky Trail adds as reward of clearing single wind, water, fire, electro/thunder or light&fire (yes, Loki fight) 20 star tears. Why? We need only 10 to evolve single sylph, and we got 20+ from previous levels.

Originally posted by TolapPumj View Post

As for crit numbers destroying the speed of the game, mentioned by the original poster, you probably need to upgrade your system. I'm running an Intel i7 quad-core 2.4Ghz system with 16 Gb RAM, Win7 using Aero themes. I experience minimal lag except for when I first log in and in locations where there are a lot of player characters on the screen, which can not be helped regardless of how powerful your system is because it is an issue with the Flash Player program itself. Having a sub-standard computer system will further exacerbate the game lag and can make it unplayable if your system specs are too low. If you are a gamer and like playing Flash Player-based games, I would recommend your system have at minimum an i5 processor(or it's equivalent) with 12-16 Gb RAM, depending on your operating system(i.e. Windows 7, 8, Vista, etc.). Earlier versions of Windows prior to Win 8 tend to demand more system resources to function. For example, running Aero themes on Win 7 uses a lot more resources.
          Also, some players try to use laptops, which may not work very well if there is insufficient RAM and you have a non-Solid State Drive(i.e. an HHD). The spinning 5700 rpm Hard Drives in laptops are slower than the ones used in desk top computers(7200 rpm), so if your laptop has to use disk space due to not having enough RAM, its going to slow everything to a crawl. Any laptop that you're going to be using for gaming of this type should at LEAST have 16 Gb RAM. If you're unable to install this much RAM in your laptop due to system limitations, see if you can replace the 5700 rpm HD with a solid state drive(SSD). If your system specifications do not allow installation of an SSD, and you're unable to upgrade the RAM amount, then you're stuck with the choice of buying a new system or continue playing a lag-infested game.
          If you buy a new system, get a custom system and buy it to last. You end up paying more money in the long run if you have to continually buy a whole new system every 2-3 years rather than just upgrading the processor, RAM, or graphics card.
          To repeat:
          1) CPU and RAM is only part of the issue
          2) The speed and jitter of you network play big role as well (as the game consults for every single item from the server), moreover every single feature needs its own dedicated connection to R2 or analysis (Google Analytics, Microsoft Flex ...) servers, so big use of parallel communications to different caches, instead of serializing and using connection pools. Every single connection then need not only fast TCP/IP kernel implementation, but fast flow to maybe same proxy server
          3) And last but not least, every feature needs good response from the game (most notably proxies with cached all the static stuff, which you need to load back after each Flash cache wipe [suggested by moderators and mentors], or maintenance change, note that some changes are done on-the-fly, so only refresh of game is needed, not 2-3h outage), which we know is not upgraded by R2Games as fast (24-48h after maintenance is usually the cache misses and sometimes surprises such as this week Titan Wars, which were fast on Thursday, but very slow and lag on Saturday, where less players fought).

BTW, who will buy dedicated machine only for wartune, if other games from R2 such as Nova Genesis or Winterfrost Legacy does not need so much memory, and typical usage of word processing, spread sheets, emailing, browsing ... does not need it as well.
          Last edited by P-J-J; 09-22-2015, 02:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X