Sylph Arena

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sylph Arena

Why did R2 decide to create this new arena with them making our matches?I am fighting people that I would NEVER fight.It is not fair to anyone except for the big coiners.It needs to go back to the way it was.Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenHunter_23 Sep. 21 22.20.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	465.2 KB
ID:	1776908

Here is their BR.Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenHunter_23 Sep. 21 22.27.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	371.9 KB
ID:	1717908
    Last edited by SkinnyPimp21; 09-21-2015, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Even the big coiners won't like it. Why fight someone of the same level when they can nuke a little guy at no cost to either and get ahead that way?

The way things are right now, the WORST part is the -7 points for losing. Not only do you get no choice in who you fight, you end up getting PENALISED for trying. Whoever that put that in should be stood up against the nearest wall and shot.

Comment

This NEW Sylph Arena is the biggest bunch of ** to come from R2 yet!. I as a player has ABSOLUTELY ZERO input on each battle. I cannot pick my opponent nor deploy skills. Since a player has NO input on this, why not just have then click and button, which would then return the total number of wins and losses without having to sit thru the intermediate **.

Also, the -7 points for losing is ridiculous. So a player, who has NO control over the battle, could wind up 70 points lower than what they had to start with, just by playing. Now tell me PLEASE - HOW RIDICULOUS IS THAT?

Comment

There is simple strategy:

1) Do not fight first two days, let others rise
          2) Then fight till you win, approximately 3-4 days is enough
          3) Then do not fight till the Sunday
          4) On Sunday decide if fight or not, I recommend fight till first loss

We found this very simple and fast (especially if VIP allows speed up after 6 second) and less pain.

Yes, this is not strategy for top players, but getting reasonable amount of sepulchre without time consuming planning and pain for any level behind them.

Comment

What works for me is to figure out a rough estimate of where your sylph team can rank, and then you use an attempt when you're below that, and don't bother if you're above it. Obviously a lot easier if your team is in the top 100 somewhere, but I use the same strategy on my alt, figuring around 500th place is about right. You may get lucky and find someone to leapfrog over to get higher, but you also might lose total points if you're wrong, so I think it's not worth much effort.

If people get in the habit of stripping their teams most of the time, then high ranks for everyone becomes an option, but hard to convince enough people, especially when the rewards are so bad.

Comment

When im in gold group then its fine by me.

This week more days, so i try how far i can come in gold group, maybe i can make the nxt group, if not, then just gold.
              ING: Eukkie changed name to â€*Evilâ€*Witchâ€*, changed it back to Eukkie
              Server: S444 Silent Arena
              Char: Knight
              Lvl: 80
              Br: 6m and crowing.
              Main Sylph: Arise
              Guard: Oracle

Comment

The rewards form sylph arena now is just sepulcrums, no? Sepulcrums you can get in large quantities from sky trail. So why would anyone care about this stupid feature?
                THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

What needs to happen is that it needs to go back to allowing us to pick our own opponents.I would NEVER fight some of these guys they are putting me against.It is unfair to all of us players that do not coin heavily.They have no idea about what players would or would not like.Here's an idea,ask random players what they would like about changed you are wanting to implement BEFORE you implement them.And ask the common players that rarely coin or do not coin at all.Do not ask the coiners because most of them will not care.Something needs to be done to fix this problem and yes,it is a problem because slowly but surely people,including myself,will stop playing sylph arena.

Comment

I have lost 5 in a row against people I would NEVER fight.Another problem I am finding is my sylphs target the strongest sylph and my opponents sylphs attacks my weakest,now why is that?

Comment

Originally posted by SkinnyPimp21 View Post
                      I have lost 5 in a row against people I would NEVER fight.Another problem I am finding is my sylphs target the strongest sylph and my opponents sylphs attacks my weakest,now why is that?
                      That's just luck of the draw, can sometimes change the outcome in either direction, but it has to be a fairly close fight in that case.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
                        That's just luck of the draw, can sometimes change the outcome in either direction, but it has to be a fairly close fight in that case.
                        That is the point,I want to be the one to choose my battle,NOT R2.And if you got nothing to say other than kissing R2's backside then please keep it to yourself,thank you.

Comment

Yeah most of us want to choose our battles, not have them dropped on us. That's why I had liked the old system because I can analyze the possible target in finding out what they got and compare to see if my team will win or will lose. Those I can win on, I will engage. Those who I am going to lose from, I skip. With this junk, you can't do that but rely on luck and the major disappointment that you drop ranks because it chooses for you and lost.
                          Vicious! Approach with Caution!
                          Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
                          Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
                          Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Originally posted by SkinnyPimp21 View Post
                            That is the point,I want to be the one to choose my battle,NOT R2.And if you got nothing to say other than kissing R2's backside then please keep it to yourself,thank you.
                            I meant the targeting part, not the opponent selection part, because I think it's self-evident that every single player hates having no say in who they fight. Which member of the opposing team gets targeted has always been completely random, and can drive you crazy when you waste a big delphic on the weak one that was nearly dead.

Comment

Working...
                            X