Proposal to make Scourge usable as main sylph

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposal to make Scourge usable as main sylph

I propose change two skills of scourge mage (as minimalistic approach) to make scourge mage more useful:

(1) Praying:
    Original: Recovers HP equal to 20% of its Max HP but increases the damage received by 80%, lasts 2 turns.
    =>
    New: Recovers HP equal to 20% of its Max HP but decreases the damage dealt to 80%, lasts 2 turns.

(2) Delphic Punishment:
    Original: Deals 250% MATK to the enemy with the lowest HP percentage, with a 30% chance to increase Crit rate.
    =>
    New: Deals 250% MATK to the enemy with the lowest HP percentage, restores 30% HP equal to its MATK for the entire party.

Rationale:
    (a) Currently the Scourge Mage only increases Crit of single friendly unit (Penance), while others have more than 1 part helping skill. And usually 1 Delphic is the helping skill.
    - Hunters deal bleed, Crit increase and opponent ATK reduction
    - Rangers deal DMG increase and MDMG reduction
    - Knights deal stun and DMG reduction
    - Oracles deal DMG increase, ATK increase and heal
    - Scourge Mages deal Crit increase only
    (b) Delphic Punishment is somehow weaker (10% bigger chance is not as much) version of Delphic Mauler.

=> So I propose to change this skill to helping, I selected healing as it memorize mages

(c) If Praying skill is activated by game AI, it should survive 2 hits to be usable
    - recovering 20% of Max HP, while adding 2 turn damage buff 80% leads to faster dead:
    -- 10% Max HP cannot recover more its own MATK hit which is approx. 3.5 lesser than its Max HP, even with 50% reduction: 0.5 * 1.8*MATK = 0.9*MATK > 0.2 * 3.5*MATK (= 10% Max HP) = 0.7*MATK
    -- so it is better not to use the Praying if there is chance the eudemon will be hit in 1 of 2 turns (usually it is hit in both turns)
    (d) Sacrifice exchanges damage dealt for 15% of Max HP, so if used together with Praying it recovers only 5% of Max HP without even single hit.
    (e) Similarly Penance

=> So I propose to change this skill to really healing (0.5*MATK < 0.7*MATK) and penalize instead its own attacks, so if used in combo with Penance/Sacrifice (5% reduction will be better there BTW) it still recovers less, but hit is not as big pain and eudemon is still penalized.
    Last edited by P-J-J; 09-28-2015, 01:35 PM. Reason: Title issue

Its not a sylph but a eudaemon !

Comment

Originally posted by daft48eddiex View Post
      Its not a sylph but a eudaemon !
      Thx for correction :-)

Comment

Granted, scourge mage is pretty pathetic, and the delphics are weirdly similar, but 250% damage plus 30% team heal seems OP to me. I'm not sure that change to Praying is a great idea either, they seem to be designed for suicide attacks, and reducing the damage they inflict works against that. It would be really bad to cast that version of Praying followed by Sacrifice. Lose most of the heal, and nerf the attack to boot.

I think one of the delphics should inflict bleed-type damage, and a portion of that damage is returned to the scourge mage as hp for each turn. That helps solve the huge problem of them killing themselves too quickly, while using a more interesting mechanic.

Penance and Sacrifice are also way underpowered for costing such a big chunk of hp. They would have to be at least doubled for me to consider them actually usable. And even then, you obviously need some way to recover hp, and Praying is worthless as-is.

Comment

Scourge Mage is still a solid 4th member of an eud bounty team, and has the single highest damage output on a boss. That being said, most of that is in Solar Arrow, as the other skills are

Worse Thunderer
          Worse Multishot
          Bad single target buff
          'I die next turn'
          Worse damage buff than auto-attacking
          Delphic Thunderer
          Delphic Multishot

Her biggest problem is that if you give her anything we could see as good utility, shes just the best option always, and shes not going to get the kind of utility you want for a full-time main sylph without losing the burst potential.

For Stuff like Eud Arena or Bounty targets, she needs something though. Like scaling damage bonuses based on % health lost, or something that doesnt require suntoria being on her most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
            Granted, scourge mage is pretty pathetic, and the delphics are weirdly similar, but 250% damage plus 30% team heal seems OP to me. I'm not sure that change to Praying is a great idea either, they seem to be designed for suicide attacks, and reducing the damage they inflict works against that. It would be really bad to cast that version of Praying followed by Sacrifice. Lose most of the heal, and nerf the attack to boot.

I think one of the delphics should inflict bleed-type damage, and a portion of that damage is returned to the scourge mage as hp for each turn. That helps solve the huge problem of them killing themselves too quickly, while using a more interesting mechanic.

Penance and Sacrifice are also way underpowered for costing such a big chunk of hp. They would have to be at least doubled for me to consider them actually usable. And even then, you obviously need some way to recover hp, and Praying is worthless as-is.
            It is 30% of MATK heal, not 30% of Max HP.

Comment

Working...
            X