Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

R2 Encourages Cowardice in CSGB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R2 Encourages Cowardice in CSGB

Agree or disagree. Specifically by allowing people to just hide in their own spawn and make the battle last longer to increase their rewards. Why not treat it like bg? If your points don't change in 5 minutes you get kicked for 5 minutes. If it's a good idea in bg then why wouldn't it be a good idea in CSGB?

It could also be viewed as strategy. The longer a team can make the combat last the more rewards that will be gained on the losers side. If you go by the idea of five minutes and a boot, all a guild would have to do is send in one person at a time at the three or four minute mark and it would in essence be the same stall tactic.

I have heard about many guilds, due to bugs in the past having to fight an empty guild on the other side.. with no one to fight you become forced to cart and cart a lot to make the point requirement. I do know, that this must be incredibly frustrating and I am sorry.

While we can not give a way to make a team fight or force them to leave the base we will of course pass along the suggestion and perhaps at a future date something will become of it.

Magi~
    Always.. Always.. Always be yourself.. unless you can be BATMENTOR! Then always be BATMENTOR muahahahahahahah! (PS: BATMENTOR has Batcupcakes, Batcookies, and Batcake. PS: they just gave me a BatPizza Oven *WOOHOO!*) Bugs can be reported here. Please Read the new format. Check out the Support Page.

Comment

Both agree and disagree with you:

Agree:
      - in many guilds are in spawning area accounts that are there only to be present on the CSGB to acquire rewards, they are usually of no help to the team, but share the team reward (not individual).
      - or some characters are placed on towers for passive defence (even auto-attacks slows down the tower fight before the active players arrive).
      - usually they are alts, so sometime the player plays the main one and rest is sleeping, or periodically plays with of them.

Disagree:
      - some players hold the towers and simply they are inactive as they lack of opponent. Sometimes only staying in front of the tower/flag and opponent is passing to check their presence.

Try to distinguish active tower guards from the passive alts and you will have my vote.

Comment

Originally posted by P-J-J View Post
        Both agree and disagree with you:

Agree:
        - in many guilds are in spawning area accounts that are there only to be present on the CSGB to acquire rewards, they are usually of no help to the team, but share the team reward (not individual).
        - or some characters are placed on towers for passive defence (even auto-attacks slows down the tower fight before the active players arrive).
        - usually they are alts, so sometime the player plays the main one and rest is sleeping, or periodically plays with of them.

Disagree:
        - some players hold the towers and simply they are inactive as they lack of opponent. Sometimes only staying in front of the tower/flag and opponent is passing to check their presence.

Try to distinguish active tower guards from the passive alts and you will have my vote.
        He's talking about players sitting in their camp and not leaving so you cant get anyone to kill which spends up your points. I for one think its funny since spawn camping was a major reason ppl hated it now its players sitting in spawn so it takes forever to finish
        IGN: princestewii
        Class: Archer
        Server: Kabam 86

Comment

Flags no longer work, then? It used to give massive points.

Comment

You can win in under 20 min with 5x totem/tower and with people carting.

Comment

It's possible, just extremely improbable.

Comment

I would not say cowardice, but a tactic. The British said the same thing during the 'Battle of Concord' about the American's. When the American's failed to fight the British in "Mass in Front" formation. Just a way to overcome something, until they (R2) changes it.

Thanks

Comment

So you complain that you camp spawn for 30min... instead of actually thinking "Hey, if I was on the other side, this would suck, and I would go afk, just to annoy the dreaded camp spawners?" and then doing a action which would help you cause, like moving up to the first towers, or maybe even behind them, and let people pvp some? Which in turn would result in a faster win?

Wartune players never stop surprising me

Comment

I would say players in general.

Comment

Ever thought that maybe the rewards ar so sh it at this point in the game/patch, that ppl dont care, just enter the csgb and go watch a movie? I for one dont need anything other than the fashion cores and even those not that much. This is a what..? an event once at 3 months, involving entire guilds from all servers and we get that sh it as rewards, srsly. Afk mode and watch a movie seems the proper effort for the rewards, (personally i dont even enter it).
                      You can make a case for playing for the fun of it, i could go with that, but not with the huge lag, bugs, getting stuck in place and unable to move even after refresh etc, so this doesnt stand either.
                      Last edited by Darkwise; 10-01-2015, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X