Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Cache problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cache problem

So..I usually delete my cache about once a month as i dont have to bad problems with how it runs. After the past few patches / maintenances, seeing the forum full of ppl with problems, i got scared of clearing cache so i didnt follow the precious advice given so many times "delete your cache" and everything went acceptable ( though worse after the patches than before). This morning i thought... well let's give it a try and clear cache, but before i went to where flash saves caches and made a back up copy of the wartune cache folder which is a litle over 800 mega. After that i cleared the cache ingame and behold.... all hell broke lose. Wilds didnt load anymore even after 5 minutes of staying in there, only a few squares loaded the rest of the map.. black, and no, i dont mean the fog of war or whatever its name is, just black screen. Everything started taking like a minute to load,the game in general started working miserably.After half a day of playing my cache was at the "incredible" amount of 3 Kilobytes (so practically nothing). So i went to the 800 mega back up cache, copied it back where it was and puff everything works acceptable again. So..am i supposed to never clear cache again ( which in time leads to other problems)? Are they gonna change this thing back to how it was? Are they looking into this ( and by looking i mean doing cuz even a monkey can look)? Are they stupid? (this is a very likely scenario as it has been weeks since all the problems started). Also today out of the blue i started to get a second, procent type, loading that i didnt have before. Actually it is a first loading as it is before the 2 red bars, on the screen writing 7 roads, *** is with that?. Please fix YOUR mess.
    Last edited by Darkwise; 09-30-2015, 03:46 PM.

last cache issue lasted like,,, 1.5 years? maybe 2? they "fixed it", so now we should have to live with it for another 1-2 years(a.k.a end of time). Just be glad you have your cache backup

Comment

I honestly don't know what's up with their priorities. This cache problem should be the top priority right now, before too many players quit. It's just too unplayable for too many people. It's also baffling that they're not worried about their own bandwidth costs. This has to have multiplied it by a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
        I honestly don't know what's up with their priorities. This cache problem should be the top priority right now, before too many players quit. It's just too unplayable for too many people. It's also baffling that they're not worried about their own bandwidth costs. This has to have multiplied it by a lot.
        Their priority is China's 1-7 October holidays.

Their bandwidth is what they are paid from ISP for (btw, only the last mile, proxy to us; application server to proxies bandwidth does not changed), this is basis of income from free users (ARPU).

Comment

where to find this cache location? im not computer expert so i like to know where i can find it and copy it myself, thanks for anyone willing to tell me about it.

Comment

You can clear the flash cache by following this link here. If you are trying to just clear the browsers cache that would become dependant on what browser and what version as the cache is not found int he same spot for all browsers and versions.
            Always.. Always.. Always be yourself.. unless you can be BATMENTOR! Then always be BATMENTOR muahahahahahahah! (PS: BATMENTOR has Batcupcakes, Batcookies, and Batcake. PS: they just gave me a BatPizza Oven *WOOHOO!*) Bugs can be reported here. Please Read the new format. Check out the Support Page.

Comment

Originally posted by Mentor_Magik View Post
              You can clear the flash cache by following this link here. If you are trying to just clear the browsers cache that would become dependant on what browser and what version as the cache is not found int he same spot for all browsers and versions.
              guess what he want to know is the cache location and too bad i cant help since im also didnt know where they stored it, the game become unplayable for most people and like Fancy state this should be ur priority to fix.

Comment

Originally posted by MrDeads View Post
                where to find this cache location? im not computer expert so i like to know where i can find it and copy it myself, thanks for anyone willing to tell me about it.
                Knowing it's location and making a copy now wont help you with anything if you cleared your cache in the last month or however long it's been since the problemes appeared. Even with the old cache you still have some of the problems that the current useless one made.
                My advice to R2 would be to fire every employee in the developing department, and hire ppl who werent playing solitaire during classes in college if they attended one.

Comment

Originally posted by Mentor_Magik View Post
                  Wow, really? We're discussing how destructive it is to clear the cache, and you give a link to do exactly that? Please read a little more carefully, and DO NOT tell anyone to clear cache right now. At least not without major caveats that it may make your problems so, so much worse, with no recourse.

Comment

After their little shindig, the next maint announcement will not include the fixes for the cache issue at hand (a very big priority). They always like to fix the nonsensical ones that don't mean very much or aren't that important.
                    Vicious! Approach with Caution!
                    Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
                    Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
                    Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

can't store cache

While last patch, I cleared my browser cache but now flash can't store any cache for wartune. From that day it rise up to 7 kb only help me please.

Comment

Working...
                      X