Sky Trail - this makes no sense

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sky Trail - this makes no sense

I am on the beginning of the 3rd map - a water area - and have ALL my resistance crystals converted to water, currently at 6611 water res. When I try to fight
    the boss, I get killed rather quickly. This morning I entered the fire area just to the right of the water area, explored a click too much and accidentally triggered
    boss fight. I figured that, with NO fire resistance crystals, I'd be toast in short order. I was wrong - I came VERY close to winning that battle and clearing that
    area. So why am I having trouble with the water area??

123 views and nobody has any ideas?

Comment

Nope. R2 *naughty word* up the resists so badly that I don't think many people would put money on how it works any more.
      Last edited by TheGuardingDark; 10-07-2015, 02:54 AM. Reason: Please don't use naughty words. kthnxbai

Comment

not an ele-resist master, but from what I observed since patch came,

[><] -- same resist you end up x_x whereas with
        [<<] or [>>] -- lower your guard on that target element and boost your opposing element, you'll likely have t-_-t as result).

it's silly and doesn't make sense
        ooo naww, you didn't. you gotta be trollin' me o_O

Comment

Originally posted by TastesL5kChicken View Post
          I am on the beginning of the 3rd map - a water area - and have ALL my resistance crystals converted to water, currently at 6611 water res. When I try to fight
          the boss, I get killed rather quickly. This morning I entered the fire area just to the right of the water area, explored a click too much and accidentally triggered
          boss fight. I figured that, with NO fire resistance crystals, I'd be toast in short order. I was wrong - I came VERY close to winning that battle and clearing that
          After patch more is less dependent on RES, more on DEF,

so I assume you had good PDEF, probably Hades/Gaia/Hecate +5% help too?

So MATK boss killed you easily and PATK boss you've reduced with your PDEF and RES reduce enough to survive.

Did you tried electro as well, or the fused light/dark who beats ATK (= combined MATK/PATK)?

Comment

I went into the fire area again - this time with high fire resistance. Guess what? I got killed "faster* than with NO fire resistance crystals. I give up. I now have all my res
            crystals evened out so that I have roughly equal resistance to all 6 elements, and I'm just gonna leave it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by TastesL5kChicken View Post
              Hi,

I apologize for the delay and am just now seeing this.. please do not think this normal for the forum squad, because it isn't.

Now, lets break this down so we can see where you may be having the problem with level three in sky trails. What is your level, what are your stats like, are you using potions or scrolls? Do you have any dimension maps of this type open as well? What are your astrals like? What is your sylph like and its skills? What is your reduce resistance like (middle shield)?

Can you give us a lot more information so we can try to figure out where the problem is exactly so that we can help get you past this level?

Thanks in advance,

Magi~
              Always.. Always.. Always be yourself.. unless you can be BATMENTOR! Then always be BATMENTOR muahahahahahahah! (PS: BATMENTOR has Batcupcakes, Batcookies, and Batcake. PS: they just gave me a BatPizza Oven *WOOHOO!*) Bugs can be reported here. Please Read the new format. Check out the Support Page.

Comment

Part of the difference could be the lack of defence bonuses you get for exploring the realm. These bonuses reset daily. Best bet is at the beginning of the day go to fire and hit explore until you build the bonuses up. Even if you have gotten to the boss, you can still keep exploring and receiving rewards and buffs?

Comment

Luck plays a big factor too, maybe the first time you had illusion trigger at the right times, or your skills crit more often and the boss hit you for the lower damage values in their range. I've certainly gone up against bosses where my first attempt I nearly kill them, then I buff up and don't even manage to make it to the last bar.

Res is no mystery though, just look to see how much % reduction you get when it hits you. One thing I've noticed about new Sky Trail is that the bosses seem to have a ton of res reduce (and res), to the point that the level 5 wind boss had over 5500 res reduce. So 6600 may not be as significant as you expect. Your own res reduce may be more important, since they can seriously cut down on your damage.

Comment

Working...
                  X