suggestions for DI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suggestions for DI

1: could make it more like spire with a 20 minute limit. when boss kills you..you will just have to sit there for the 30 second revive. As far as the rewards go do a box per level. Can even go a little farther than that level 1-5 gets same rewards in box then 6-10,7-15,16-20 as levels get harder rewards get better.

2: could just pause the timer for dice roll and time to loot. If you do this 1 it would give people a chance to loot even with that dc bug

just 2 ways i see that could improve DI

DI is irritatingly spiteful, the way it works. Since they can't seem to get rid of the disconnect bug, it would be really nice if they just stopped forcing us to collect all the loot in the first place. And with the time limit, making us wait to roll dice is a good way to waste our time. If one player's a little laggy, we've easily lost a couple minutes (if not more) to waiting for that last roll by the time we're facing the 12th boss, so we sometimes have time to fight it, other times not.

Comment

A laggy game like R2 shouldn't have a timer that automatically ends things. AT MOST, any timer should be like arena.

The only possible exception is Chaos War, but that is ONLY because of the bug where 2 teams get frozen and just stare at each other across the battlefield for the full 15 min.

Comment

Way back when, we only got ~4min per boss before it used its ultimate attack and wiped you out. I don't know if this still happens since the limiting factor on my daily team is the 20m timer and not dmg per boss, but if it does, why not just use that? Unlimited time inside the dungeon, but 4 minutes per boss (or X number of turns) before it uses its ulti, just keep going until you run into a boss too tough to beat quickly enough. No more lag at the start and/or end of battle, lag/disconnects prolonging dice rolls, etc. all adding up to eat away at the timer, and potentially rob you of an attempt at the next boss. I bet most teams would push at least 2-3 lvls further than usual, and everyone needs more gold.

Failing that, I agree with both of OPs suggestions. Probably never happen, but they did remove the useless timer from BI, so maybe theyll give DI another look someday.
        Last edited by xrycek; 10-12-2015, 05:47 AM.
        Crushing mice is good for the soul...

Comment

on average, the dice roll & collection timer always took more time than the bosses. that was why we had never gone beyond 13. well now it doesn't cost stam to do di, that's the only positive thing i could think of.

Comment

Just convert di into a spire. Change instant death into 6 turns stuns. Issue solved with lag wasting time, lag still is there tho, and we will complain at that ;D

Comment

Someone told me that spire was too easy, and it should be like BI instead, with boss stuns..
              But he did said about auto collect reward instead of running in circles to collect the loot.

I've not tried DI before but since it's similar to BI,
              I'd say: dice rolls should add up for number of loot instead of the highest roll.
              Just annoyed to see every aspect of the game, with a dice roll for deciding factors on the free reward of the game.
              I'm glad they remove timer for BI, but doesn't make any sense to be immobilized every turn with boss stun,
              coupled with insane boss heals as team members desperately deals dmg to boss, at the same time,
              heal the player in front as much as possible, so that the rest of the party don't face the same fate as him/her.

Comment

on average, the dice roll & collection timer always took more time than the bosses. that was why we had never gone beyond 13.
                Yup. I'm not sure its even really possible to get past 13 given that time breaks down like:

6:30 - Looting time
                2:10 - Absolute best rolling time given post-combat lag. (For us, its usually more like 5:30)
                2:10 - Absolute best time given lag for skills to start hitting a boss once its touched on the map. (Its usually more like 3:15)

Thats about 55% of the time not fighting a boss.

And then someone DC's because the piles are still bugged, and even if you're 1-rounding things, you're still stuck at 12.

We usually spend about 70% of the time not doing anything in DI, because we 1-round the first 10 waves, but we're guaranteed a DC or someone taking 20+ seconds for lag to clear each time. Its silly.
                Last edited by Barraind; 10-13-2015, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X