No announcement yet.

Main problems with R2Games

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you guys are just all wrong. the real problem is that r2games is evil!!!
    here is why:
    R2games require time and money (r2games = time x money)
    we all know that money is the root of all evil (squareroot of evil = money)
    we also know that time equals money (time = money)
    meaning that r2games is squareroot of evil times squareroot of evil (r2games = squareroot of evil x squareroot of evil)
    hence (r2games = evil)
    mathematically solved that r2games is evil!!!!

the lists of problems with r2games is beyond reasoning. the pile of dung is so massive you stopped noticing the lower dung and only see the top of it. the only positive thing are (some) mods here who have more than 2 braincells the average r2employee has, but who are unfortunately neglected by r2.

Comment

Originally posted by P-J-J View Post
      Miklos spoke about setting goals in game, goals that must be achievable for the game to be playable. Not so many players will play game where everything is available only for cash.

Notably:
      1) Clothing synthesis, I see rapid drop in speed by redesign of events, but it is still achievable but in longer period. BTW, I do not yet have full emperor set, as I focus on free upgrades, so next level will take me 1 year more then was previously achievable
      2) Element resistance is available more due to dimensions, but now the events were redesigned to slow down it. Again now level 9 is the target so adoption of level 12 and possible double crystals in future only will be longer by 4-6 months
      3) Sylph, there are items that are still available only for cash, such as gear upgrade stuff.
      4) Eudemon, same, gear upgrade stuff (flames) again only for cash; and due to bad reward design of Bounty Targets, some free stuff again for cash only.

So, how player can plan his upgrades if sylph/eudemon gear upgrade (3/4 upgrades to max) is for cash?
      And due to constant nerfing of previously available events (I want to exchange souls to mtw and runes, and soon all to mtw due to 4 new lvl 200 mounts), lots of players left frustrated as the goal which looks achievable is prolonged or by removing availability of free items (advanced sepulchrum) it seems almost non-achievable without cash.
      So the valuation of R2 is focused more on immediate return of cash and less on ARPU (free players), which is short term strategy that lead to reduction of player base, even if $100,000 whales remain, not all whales want to compete each other, lots of them need free players to compete to valuate their investment.

So game will survive if free players can enter and play, not all games are Stars on Boston matrix forever, cash Cows are good too. This game needs focus on bugs, support and stabilizing player base, otherwise it fast turns into Dogs and we will be forced to play other Wartune clone. Not mentioning better community work - btw, who thinks that R2 works with player proposals?

Note:
      Mounts with hooves, clothing with refines, and new 4 mounts with training are only limited boosts in BR (and BR is not all if you are fighting with Refined goddess blessing with 40% damage reduction and enhanced determination with 60% boost), and you need to collect lots of to have reasonable boost which can be achieved by red gear with 8/10 moons.
      Yes, titles have big values, but it was only promotion to show carrot to big cashers as the values are absolute and even criticality and block has cap.

Good post and I agree. As most ppl are starting to finish their red equipment gear, there is not much to upgrade at a "reasonable" price. I guess we are about to crest the sine wave.

Thanks

Comment

Logged in just to say how in my oppinion R2 are behaving like a baby that Cupcakes itself in the pants. The more it Cupcakes , the more happier and less caring it feels. No matter how many times you tell the baby that it did something bad, it still laughs at your face for you can't do nothing about it. If this Cupcakes continues for as long as half a year - I might consider putting my programming skills in practice and starting to work on a Wartune clone. I love the game so much, it just makes me sad seeing how low cashiers/free players are treated like chineese workers in a textile factory. It's BEYOND sad .... it will soon be over the point of patience. THINGS have to change. Lots of them on lots of levels. The fellow players here spent time researching how they can contribute to this immense mess and came out with a list of things that NEED to change and made a verry good point. If R2 continues to ignore our efforts to bring life and enjoyment back to the casually badass game Wartune once was, I don't think there will be another year for this game. 'Nuff said ... YOUR TURN R2 !!!
        Last edited by EsmeWeatherwax; 10-22-2015, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Hello guys! first off, I really appreciate the legitimate conversation and lack of flame here. Some point I simply can't answer, because I'm not a part of the decision making or departments that those apply to. So, I'm going to reply to what I have control over and what I actually have knowledge over. I wish I had answers for everything, but I hope you'll accept the answers I can give.

The website! I've heard a lot of mixed reviews and the survey for the current promotion which is partly dedicated to the new platform feedback is an attempt to get a feel for how players really feel about it. Some things, like opening a ticket, are intentionally more complicated. We were getting a LOT of inquiries in the past that didn't have the required information, that weren't understanding of our policies, or simply didn't belong in our customer service system. The new support page makes people go through the FAQs because it's faster for everyone to find the answer yourself if it's easily explainable. We can't blame people for not knowing what we expect or how we operate, which is why we made the support page more complete. We've since gotten much more complete bug reports with all the information and our tickets have dropped about 25% due to more complete public articles.

Those numbers may not seem like a lot, but for Wartune where we have 8 people answering tickets, that means our current First Response Time on WT tickets is something like 2-3 days now. Way better than 3 weeks like it was about a year or two ago. Tickets are coming with the information we need and understanding of our policies that lets us handle issues faster and players know what we expect. I was worried when I designed this support system (yes the new support system was designed and written completely by myself) that it might be a little frustrating, but as a customer I think having to read for 5 minutes to avoid 5 days of annoying back and forth is worth it. It's a give and take that can be a pain but is like eating your vegetables: reading the FAQs first and knowing what we expect helps you help us, even if it's annoying to read an article that some schmuck (me) wrote.

As for Mods, GMs, and Mentors, I suggest reading the FAQs on our support page about them. They are an extension of our support team, but really have limited power. We've made expectations much clearer for them which has really helped them and helped us. They're not trying to answer questions they don't know the answer to or shouldn't answer, and they're really on the ball with giving us useful, condensed feedback to make our operation smoother. Really. Props to them.

The other features of the site I had less control over, but like lack of a ticket history to check your current tickets, server selection, etc. were given to our IT department a little while back. It's taken them some time to work through some of the changes as they have a lot on their plate, but enough excuses. Fherlayt your feedback brings up a couple new points of frustration and optimization is something we're really focusing on with this platform. This is bringing back the site optimization to the front of my mind and I'll add your suggestions to the 15 suggestions and fixes I gave them already and I'll see what resources they can allocate to get this done ASAP.

The promotions....honestly I have no idea. I will make it known that this should be looked into, but I honestly had no idea we had an Xsolla promotion to begin with. VAT and pricing I'm really clueless on as well.

Big ups to MemoryLane for showing me this post. I swear she never sleeps.

Comment

Originally posted by R2_Sanguine View Post
            Hello guys! first off, I really appreciate the legitimate conversation and lack of flame here. Some point I simply can't answer, because I'm not a part of the decision making or departments that those apply to. So, I'm going to reply to what I have control over and what I actually have knowledge over. I wish I had answers for everything, but I hope you'll accept the answers I can give.

The website! I've heard a lot of mixed reviews and the survey for the current promotion which is partly dedicated to the new platform feedback is an attempt to get a feel for how players really feel about it. Some things, like opening a ticket, are intentionally more complicated. We were getting a LOT of inquiries in the past that didn't have the required information, that weren't understanding of our policies, or simply didn't belong in our customer service system. The new support page makes people go through the FAQs because it's faster for everyone to find the answer yourself if it's easily explainable. We can't blame people for not knowing what we expect or how we operate, which is why we made the support page more complete. We've since gotten much more complete bug reports with all the information and our tickets have dropped about 25% due to more complete public articles.

Those numbers may not seem like a lot, but for Wartune where we have 8 people answering tickets, that means our current First Response Time on WT tickets is something like 2-3 days now. Way better than 3 weeks like it was about a year or two ago. Tickets are coming with the information we need and understanding of our policies that lets us handle issues faster and players know what we expect. I was worried when I designed this support system (yes the new support system was designed and written completely by myself) that it might be a little frustrating, but as a customer I think having to read for 5 minutes to avoid 5 days of annoying back and forth is worth it. It's a give and take that can be a pain but is like eating your vegetables: reading the FAQs first and knowing what we expect helps you help us, even if it's annoying to read an article that some schmuck (me) wrote.

As for Mods, GMs, and Mentors, I suggest reading the FAQs on our support page about them. They are an extension of our support team, but really have limited power. We've made expectations much clearer for them which has really helped them and helped us. They're not trying to answer questions they don't know the answer to or shouldn't answer, and they're really on the ball with giving us useful, condensed feedback to make our operation smoother. Really. Props to them.

The other features of the site I had less control over, but like lack of a ticket history to check your current tickets, server selection, etc. were given to our IT department a little while back. It's taken them some time to work through some of the changes as they have a lot on their plate, but enough excuses. Fherlayt your feedback brings up a couple new points of frustration and optimization is something we're really focusing on with this platform. This is bringing back the site optimization to the front of my mind and I'll add your suggestions to the 15 suggestions and fixes I gave them already and I'll see what resources they can allocate to get this done ASAP.

The promotions....honestly I have no idea. I will make it known that this should be looked into, but I honestly had no idea we had an Xsolla promotion to begin with. VAT and pricing I'm really clueless on as well.

Big ups to MemoryLane for showing me this post. I swear she never sleeps.
            Thank you for the voice of the provider, maybe you need to ask your support colleagues of number of tickets related to new platform, it will help you to see the whole picture.

Let's have a look at four main purposes of the portal:
            1) Ability to launch game = the main purpose
            2) Payment, promotions = the main R2 focus
            3) Support, Feedback = the main player focus
            4) Announcements = golden future

Ad 1)
            It takes a time till all the JavaScripts loads, mainly those 2 important = login cookie (otherwise no logging) and login button appears (otherwise no logging).

With recent resolution recommendations of your support colleagues:

And please can you please check your internet connections if its working well and try to refresh and clear your browser cache. Because we haven’t yet experience this problem in our end.

we need fast refresh (it is generic recommendation to lag issues, even caused by 404 proxy error = R2 side) as especially disappearing mouse, runes and skills, inability to awake sylph etc need very fast refresh so not loosing so much in fight).
            Especially as disconnect still lead to login page and not to refresh page.

Why all those JavaScripts are not loaded as single page?

In summary: Fancy look, but bad UX design.

Ad 2)
            It is common knowledge that 2 payment pages existed: The in game Xsolla-based, and the portal one. The second one is better to many players as it offers more and better payment conditions. We have to use trick to use the portal as the in game and right menu both point to Xsolla, so call support, then payments on the left.

Too complicated, good new shop look & history is plus, again bad UX design.

Ad 3)
            Knowledge base is still split between the support pages and forum (Bugs and Manuals section), so players are forced to use both before placing ticket. As the single sign-on does not work, we need to log-off and log-in on game page then opening forum. Forum as main source of feedback is not disseminated and priority loop comes outside your people which is shame for R2 as you miss VoC and without VoC how can you identify which features are good and less good, only from shop transactions? From Google analytics, I personally block to reduce lag? Or you do not care at all?
            Even I understand why you made more complicated access to support pages (hoping for less tickets, but developers seems are against), if players will be better satisfied by Knowledge base (esp. Manuals, How-To and Current Bug List), there will be less tickets and more satisfied players. Especially the search function needs improvement or faster thread merge to reduce the duplicity and better keyword indexing.
            Also the miss of ticket list (available on old page, but again after log-off/log-in workaround) and registration/merge emails increase context-less tickets - why is possible on payments page and not on support one?

In summary: Not good design, less functionality, very poor UX design.

Ad 4)
            Announcements seems are underestimated by whole R2. The News section of forum is outdated (knowing planned maintenance 2h before? and lack of details? Try to sell new phone OS same way) and it also includes announcements belonging to R2Games section outside games, as it seems nobody is interested of that section (guess why). Promotions of new future features (another buy-in) is very rare, even that available on test servers 14 day or more prior.
            Going back to main page, these announcement is very outdated too, who cares about 5.0 patch if we focus on features that are even not listed on the promo picture.

In summary: Needs improvement a lot. And new R2 announcement strategy as players move outside to blogs instead of discussing on your portal. And these blogs promote other games (or other clones of Wartune) ...

But be happy that you are not responsible for the support (that focus on destroying R2 positive image) and valuation (that slowly destroys the game by ignoring the material flow and upgrades)

Comment

10/25/15 refreshed game before WB collecting my farms had to reload in WB AND MISSED IT.games where we roll dice most ppl in room roll 1 to a 3.arenas most times its 3or 4 against one most of them cashers.nothing gets fixed on this game reloading sit thru pop ups going to shop.game devs do everything to get people to quit the game.i come here to relax not be stress playing this game.next all shards should be sold in catacombs that is where most ppl play be able to upgrade your gear.being game devs made arenas hard for non cashers to compete in.next eudaemons arena i like winning dont mind losing but you either win big or losed big.it may not be your fault R2 but its your platform your responsible for players having fun leveling up

Comment

Working...
              X