• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strip in SylphArena

Originally posted by R2_Stormaggedon View Post
    Wartune Weekly Maintenance 10/14 3:30 AM EDT
    Patch Notes:
    1. Adjusted Sylph Arena rewards.
    Seems SylphArena will give useful rewards already this week.
    If you strip (whichever br you have), weaker players can kill you and you can kill them.
    Both gain points, better rewards (maybe all top100~150 in diamond group), without wasting time being killed about 2 times on 3.
    In weekend we can keep our best formation, if we care about final ranking.

Only top20~30 players can lose with this strategy, they will be in diamond anyway. For all others, we can say that not stripping is a sign of a brainless way to play.
    Tomorrow we will see how rewards will be. Before this maintenance rewards were useless, so can only be better
    An example about how sylph arena works:
    playerA 400kbr, playerB 350kbr, playerC 300kbr, playerD 250kbr.
    if nobody strips, nobody gain points and everyone stay stuck with their points.
    if playerA strips:
    - maybe playerD is lucky to match him and pass him in rank.
    - playerC is lucky to match playerD and gain points,
    - playerB is lucky to match playerC and gain points.
    - PlayerA match playerB and gain points.

Many players are gaining points, only because 1 player has removed sylphs in formation.

Your example is faulted...if nobody strips, player A gets points from every match, player B gets points from every match not against player A, player C gets points for any match against player D, and player D only loses points, cant gain any

Also, weekly rewards are still the same

Comment

Originally posted by gruntar View Post
      Your example is faulted...if nobody strips, player A gets points from every match, player B gets points from every match not against player A, player C gets points for any match against player D, and player D only loses points, cant gain any

Also, weekly rewards are still the same
      That assumes that everyone not in the top spot can match against someone below them. I'm not so sure that's the case. If player B has to drop below player C to get a win, he's not making any net upward progress, and might as well not bother. C and D are both in the same situation, and A has no need for seps or enchant mats, so why would he bother with it.

Weekly rewards changed slightly, but not enough to matter. Only a few more enchant packs at a few levels. Removed the penalty for getting a higher rank, but nothing more.

Comment

Even I am stripped to help people to get on top, I usually get top players 1-2 times per day (today got #3 and #4, even I was #359), until the assignment algorithm will be "decoded" by smart people, we can here only guess.

So in the morning I strip, in the evening I hope to get back ... or at least see the Odin and Frigg

Comment

i have a simple answer to this .. if u want to see me striped .. i expact 100 dollar bills behind my string

Comment

It won't work at all, stripping or not give same points so why would I bother to strip?
            OP is assuming going to get uber buggy 100 points per win like it was in previous sylph arena.
            It's not, it's straight 24-25 for win, 6-7 for losing.

Say there's tiers every 100 players. It's either having
            - 3 winnings and 7 loses.
            - 7 losses and 3 winnings.
            Adjust your numbers, it's the same either way.
            Stripping does exactly NOTHING.

Only way it will work is if ALL 500 people strips
            AND only 1 person is allowed to fight at a time
            in the entire cross servers.

It's an impossible situation that's not going to happen.
            I've tested both at same time, always same points.
            [morfinnor]
            Temple of Ibalize

Comment

You are completely missing the point.
              It's not about ranking, top 100 will still be top 100.
              But if many strip, you are more likely to win battles and get 25 points, thus getting to diamond group. Ranking is errelevent since only 1st place gets something extra, rest get the same.

But then again, why bother?
              If I get 500 or 600 Sepulcrum, all the same, anyone still needs Sepu these days?

Comment

Strip will not alter rank, but it will alter points, people can get to diamond, you right.

However, I dont see rewards being improved.
                My blog about how to build the strongest character in Wartune using a minimum amount of balens:

Comment

Originally posted by Fherlayt View Post
                  Strip will not alter rank, but it will alter points, people can get to diamond, you right.

However, I dont see rewards being improved.
                  That's part I don't get. Points doesn't change for me.
                  Why the heck I should strip if I can get to diamond without stripping?
                  and yea 100 seps difference is laughable, I get that just from breathing in dims.
                  [morfinnor]
                  Temple of Ibalize

Comment

The scenario for you was most likly: Only you stripped, so others got more points from you, however, you got the same points as the others didn't strip.

You are part A of the plan, but if the rest of us doesn't do Plan B, you can't do it

Comment

this guy has not even read my first post:
                      Originally posted by laba-laba View Post
                      Why the heck I should strip if I can get to diamond without stripping?
                      Only top20~30 players can lose with this strategy, they will be in diamond anyway. For all others, we can say that not stripping is a sign of a brainless way to play.
                      they haven't upgraded rewards, still useless sepulcrums. so we can forget this strategy, and forget whole sylpharena for now
                      i just hope that, when sylpharena will give adv.sepu, people knows this strategy and will start to strip, that's all

Only you stripped, so others got more points from you, however, you got the same points as the others didn't strip.
                      this is wrong of course, no need to match stripped players: if you strip, weaker players will pass you and you can match them and kill them even if they don't strip.
                      Last edited by Lynn; 10-16-2015, 04:44 AM.

Comment

Yeah that is true, however, the chance of getting one of the weaker players are like 50/50, you might increase your chances slightly to get easier targets, but there's no guaranteed.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn View Post
                          this is wrong of course, no need to match stripped players: if you strip, weaker players will pass you and you can match them and kill them even if they don't strip.
                          Only way that happens if only 1 person is allowed to fight at one time.
                          How are you guaranteeing those weaker players won't be be killed by other players.

Not only I did read your OP, I also tested stripping for 2 weeks now.
                          Read again what I replied, not gonna repeat myself.
                          Here's the hardest FACT for you. Stripping DOESNT do anything at all.
                          Points doesn't change. Your FINAL week rank doesnt change.
                          What it change is just the order how you win/lose.
                          [morfinnor]
                          Temple of Ibalize

Comment

Originally posted by laba-laba View Post
                            Not only I did read your OP, I also tested stripping for 2 weeks now.
                            Read again what I replied, not gonna repeat myself.
                            Here's the hardest FACT for you. Stripping DOESNT do anything at all.
                            Points doesn't change. Your FINAL week rank doesnt change.
                            What it change is just the order how you win/lose.
                            Stripping your team is only of marginal benefit if you are the only one doing it. But get a critical mass of players to join in, and suddenly everyone's making it to diamond.
                            You don't lose points (or gain them) from other players attacking you, so it's entirely to your benefit to lose when attacked by weaker teams, since you can then beat them and rise further.

I've been stripping my team for the past couple weeks, and it's been easier for me to make it into platinum. Not a lot easier, since only about 5 of the top 100 are also stripping, but a little.

If you're one of the handful of players who can already make it to diamond, then obviously there's not much benefit to yourself, but everyone else is almost certainly going to benefit by it. And the more who participate, the better off everyone is.

Comment

Seriously? After R2 so totally screwed up Sylph Arena, wasting my time changing sylphs is the last thing I'd do.

I have better things to do with my time, like watching lint gather at my navel.

Go in, click 20 times, get out. That is the extent of time that I extremely begrudgingly give that piece of coprolite.
                              Last edited by AdaJames; 10-18-2015, 01:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X