Announcement

Collapse

Discord

Did you know we run periodic #events for select games on our Discord server? Head on over and select your #role so you don't miss out!
See more
See less

Open and closed themes for discussions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Open and closed themes for discussions

    Last days I saw lots of censorship provided on this forum, so here I enlist what is not allowed here (even the threads and post existed here for week:

    1) References to R2games top manager presentations - CEO and vicepresident
    2) Anonymous threads about harassment (no player name was mentioned)
    3) Problem with taboo words spoilers (again no player name was mentioned)
    4) Fast grown accounts on new servers
    5) Future patch info from test servers

    to name a few

    can you explain, what is wrong on these themes? Especially on presentations of R2Games top management?

  • #2
    http://forum.r2games.com/showthread.php?8-R2Games-Rules .... not sure why they deleted your post unless they forgot to update the rules lol......or someone deleted it to get brownie points with the boss man lmao
    Last edited by JackFrost1111111; 10-14-2015, 03:05 AM. Reason: cupcakes

    Comment


    • #3
      Not only to me, I posted only those references.

      Yes, I read the rules, this is why I am asking.


      It seems applied:

      5. Powerposting, spamming, bumping, and flaming will result in the post being removed without any further notice.


      What is wrong with presentations of R2Games representatives, they seems not been powerposting, spamming, bumping and flaming. Or censor decided so?
      Are information in them racial, political, ethnical, ...?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by P-J-J View Post
        Not only to me, I posted only those references.

        Yes, I read the rules, this is why I am asking.


        It seems applied:

        5. Powerposting, spamming, bumping, and flaming will result in the post being removed without any further notice.


        What is wrong with presentations of R2Games representatives, they seems not been powerposting, spamming, bumping and flaming. Or censor decided so?
        Are information in them racial, political, ethnical, ...?
        NO ANSWERS FOR YOU!

        Seriously though you'll not get a reply or get a wimpy reply at best.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Astroglide View Post
          NO ANSWERS FOR YOU!

          Seriously though you'll not get a reply or get a wimpy reply at best.
          The reason is that I feel that some moderator is violating rules by himself (especially I like his taboo words in reputation).

          Comment


          • #6
            1) Once subjects are answered and no more discussion on the matter is needed, they could be closed. This specific topic even though you may have good intentions by it, could lead to flaming (forum rule #5).
            If you would like to know more about R2Games company, feel free to navigate from the main page.
            http://corporate.r2games.com
            2) & 3) promotes flaming of other players/guilds, which therefore will point to forum rule number 5
            4) Is actually looking at game ToS about taking advantage of bugs (cheating). We don't mind a single thread saying it is happening, but naturally we don't want players stating 'how to'. If any player suspects any foul play going on, please submit a ticket with as much detail as possible.
            http://www.r2games.com/support/?ac=issue&id=54
            5) forum rule #12

            Any other questions, please feel free to ask
            Retired Moderator.

            Comment


            • #7
              Tickets about cheating are routinely ignored. I refuse to waste time submitting tickets. That is another thing that needs to be addressed. The support staff does nothing that most of us can see other than with recharge issues.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Whakapono View Post
                1) Once subjects are answered and no more discussion on the matter is needed, they could be closed. This specific topic even though you may have good intentions by it, could lead to flaming (forum rule #5).
                If you would like to know more about R2Games company, feel free to navigate from the main page.
                http://corporate.r2games.com
                2) & 3) promotes flaming of other players/guilds, which therefore will point to forum rule number 5
                4) Is actually looking at game ToS about taking advantage of bugs (cheating). We don't mind a single thread saying it is happening, but naturally we don't want players stating 'how to'. If any player suspects any foul play going on, please submit a ticket with as much detail as possible.
                http://www.r2games.com/support/?ac=issue&id=54
                5) forum rule #12

                Any other questions, please feel free to ask

                So Whakapono, openly declare that you use the rules how you want personally not following rules of the forum:

                ad 1) The thread was not answered and it seems you never check and understand the references. The answers comes 1 day later and are based on removed parts of the thread.

                ad 2 and 3) Again, it was without references to concrete persons, it only state the issues. And players discuss the issues.

                Maybe it can lead to showing that R2 ignores violation of its own rules, which I personally met after reporting such player (and provided video), but the player is casher and rude that we can defeat him. Player still on the server and we still hear once per week on World chat (rest we blocked him by blacklist) such taboo words. After keeping the ticket open, one of the support engineers recommended to publish it on YouTube, so the R2 management cannot deny that the player violated the rules. We did it with the sylph cheater and he was forced to leave even being casher.

                ad 4) Check the thread, the topic was closed after we declare that the person can be R2 supported person and in the presentation of R2 CEO was declared that it is used as it does not violate the R2 rules (but violate EU, Swiss, US, Canada etc legislations). Seems to us the person now is R2 employee due to your censorship.

                ad 5) Again bad reference, as it was from R2 test server, so no other game, but R2's own test server.

                And the rule #13 is stated differently, it cannot be used as you use it. Declaring that you censor as it can lead to flaming, openly declare that you abuse the censorship, because if you feel that everything can lead to flaming, such as guardian rune issue etc. you are allowed to censor it.

                Any dictatorship started by people like you defining, it can lead to, so I censored it.
                Last edited by P-J-J; 10-19-2015, 02:58 AM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  With over 600+ servers over 4 time zones and God only knows how many guilds and players, our mod claims that a non-referrenced conversation extract with no server details, player details or guild details will some how lead to a guy or guild being flamed?

                  Seriously?

                  Wow!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Astroglide View Post
                    Tickets about cheating are routinely ignored. I refuse to waste time submitting tickets. That is another thing that needs to be addressed. The support staff does nothing that most of us can see other than with recharge issues.
                    We got hint to publish video on you tube, after it they act. But I feel it as last resort.

                    Originally posted by AdaJames View Post
                    With over 600+ servers over 4 time zones and God only knows how many guilds and players, our mod claims that a non-referrenced conversation extract with no server details, player details or guild details will some how lead to a guy or guild being flamed?

                    Seriously?

                    Wow!
                    I found one such player on our server being moderator, due to mentor disclose (mentor was junior but only one I feel trying to help). Result: Account disappeared (totally) and we had a new mentor, which does not help but promote.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Nothing to do with moderators. My post was an extract from the World Chat (and therefore in the public domain) of a server in the game that has all details removed other than the conversation itself. I don't even have a signature which identifies the server I am in.

                      The fact that the above moderator believes that that will somehow identify the guy and his guild and therefore open them up to (well deserved, I might add) "flaming" shows the kind of absurdity that passes for logic around here...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        As I stated, he feels it can lead to flaming, so even he openly declared he abuse its authority.

                        BTW, from this thread he created the flaming thread by revealing to us he abusing his authority, but the rule #13 still does not allow him to apply here.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by AdaJames View Post
                          Nothing to do with moderators. My post was an extract from the World Chat (and therefore in the public domain) of a server in the game that has all details removed other than the conversation itself. I don't even have a signature which identifies the server I am in.

                          The fact that the above moderator believes that that will somehow identify the guy and his guild and therefore open them up to (well deserved, I might add) "flaming" shows the kind of absurdity that passes for logic around here...
                          I deleted that thread. I deleted it because of content in the screenshot, in the post, and in following responses in the thread. It had nothing to do with a fully out of context conversation on some random server leading to flaming. It was the entire topic itself. If you want to report chat, you can do so using the proper channels. A reportable topic is not a topic that is open for general discussion.

                          And to address a few of P-J-J's comments:
                          Several year old presentation that's been posted and discussed ad nauseam in so many threads I could scream. Yeah, that's a dead horse. Fun fact- free entry to that event if you are a presenter. Random topic chosen, and yep, that is how the entire gaming industry works in China, and if you watch the whole thing it discusses how to get away from that, but no one ever mentions that part. Threads involving that presentation always end up as all out bashing of R2, and not in a game related or even a remotely relevant way. It's an off topic remark, and so is deleted. There is no situation in which that presentation is on topic of any discussion going on in this forum.

                          Future patch info/Rule 12. If it's released on an R2 server, it's open for discussion. If you find your thread or post discussing R2 released content is removed, contact a moderator and let them know which server you pulled the information from, so that the mods know to undelete your thread or post. I don't think any of the Wartune mods have characters on the test set of servers, so sometimes, it is mistaken as information coming from another version.

                          As for the rules. They are very broad guidelines of what you guys can expect to be banned for. They are not, and will not be, a complete list of every specific example of what is not allowed to be posted or subject to removal. If a mod removed it, it is not allowed. It's not about power abuse, or egos, or censorship, or favoritism, or whatever else you guys want to throw in there. You are always welcome to appeal any decision we make by sending in a ticket addressed to Forum Admin, or by contacting me and I will forward your concerns directly to the admin without you needing to wait on a ticket- even when they are about me personally.
                          New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

                          Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

                          Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

                          Rules of the Forum are found here.

                          R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
                            I deleted that thread. I deleted it because of content in the screenshot, in the post, and in following responses in the thread. It had nothing to do with a fully out of context conversation on some random server leading to flaming. It was the entire topic itself. If you want to report chat, you can do so using the proper channels. A reportable topic is not a topic that is open for general discussion.

                            And to address a few of P-J-J's comments:
                            Several year old presentation that's been posted and discussed ad nauseam in so many threads I could scream. Yeah, that's a dead horse. Fun fact- free entry to that event if you are a presenter. Random topic chosen, and yep, that is how the entire gaming industry works in China, and if you watch the whole thing it discusses how to get away from that, but no one ever mentions that part. Threads involving that presentation always end up as all out bashing of R2, and not in a game related or even a remotely relevant way. It's an off topic remark, and so is deleted. There is no situation in which that presentation is on topic of any discussion going on in this forum.

                            Future patch info/Rule 12. If it's released on an R2 server, it's open for discussion. If you find your thread or post discussing R2 released content is removed, contact a moderator and let them know which server you pulled the information from, so that the mods know to undelete your thread or post. I don't think any of the Wartune mods have characters on the test set of servers, so sometimes, it is mistaken as information coming from another version.

                            As for the rules. They are very broad guidelines of what you guys can expect to be banned for. They are not, and will not be, a complete list of every specific example of what is not allowed to be posted or subject to removal. If a mod removed it, it is not allowed. It's not about power abuse, or egos, or censorship, or favoritism, or whatever else you guys want to throw in there. You are always welcome to appeal any decision we make by sending in a ticket addressed to Forum Admin, or by contacting me and I will forward your concerns directly to the admin without you needing to wait on a ticket- even when they are about me personally.
                            So first removed some posts, then closed prematurely, then deleted as it reveals agent-provocateur? Bad coordination between R2 teams. Poor position of the player, if he is not. You made him in issue. In reality 595 has 2 such players and 592 additional 2. So all 4 are now in danger.

                            The presentation of David (vicepresident) is late 2014, he compressed in May 2015 so ... I read both his presentations and the previous Jared (CEO) one, but unfortunately they still miss the legislation point. But there are nice points in it relating priorities retaining the supernova thinking. It helped me to understand, why support battling with me for 20 advanced mahra, while some German publisher would send me 20+1 as an excuse. And why I see constant ads of other games on wartune forum. The western game industry has players who live with their characters, or exchange them for money (check selling forums) after they want to leave. So they are more associated with the character than with the publisher.

                            The whole R2 discussion was deleted, censored, author was banned from forum. So it came to some blog as a result.

                            And to the discussions about chat issues started by Ada and others, I still miss the answer. Maybe the moderator is the one who is doing this? We feel that some such player on our server is moderator, so it explains.
                            Anyway thank you for explanation

                            And BTW having U.S. licence does not change company culture with Chinese background, you need to start publishing US/EU games to understanding why we focus on support, which is openly the worst I ever seen (and I was support manager for few years).

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by P-J-J View Post
                              So first removed some posts, then closed prematurely, then deleted as it reveals agent-provocateur? Bad coordination between R2 teams. Poor position of the player, if he is not. You made him in issue. In reality 595 has 2 such players and 592 additional 2. So all 4 are now in danger.
                              I don't understand this bit.

                              Originally posted by P-J-J View Post
                              The presentation of David (vicepresident) is late 2014, he compressed in May 2015 so ... I read both his presentations and the previous Jared (CEO) one, but unfortunately they still miss the legislation point. But there are nice points in it relating priorities retaining the supernova thinking. It helped me to understand, why support battling with me for 20 advanced mahra, while some German publisher would send me 20+1 as an excuse. And why I see constant ads of other games on wartune forum. The western game industry has players who live with their characters, or exchange them for money (check selling forums) after they want to leave. So they are more associated with the character than with the publisher.
                              Most people shoot for the first one, and so no one remembers there was a second one. That's probably why that was deleted. If my first conclusion was that you referenced the first presentation, it's likely the one who removed it also thought that as well.

                              Originally posted by P-J-J View Post
                              And to the discussions about chat issues started by Ada and others, I still miss the answer. Maybe the moderator is the one who is doing this? We feel that some such player on our server is moderator, so it explains.
                              I don't understand the bit I've underlined. If Ada wishes to discuss the deletion of that thread further, Ada is welcome to send me a message and I will discuss it, as it would be a matter between Ada, as the OP, and myself, as the mod who removed it.
                              New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

                              Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

                              Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

                              Rules of the Forum are found here.

                              R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X