Clear All

• Unawakened Passives of Merged Sylphs

For dark/light sylphs:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Immagine.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	1777598
    When follows character or Eudamon in battle, attack turns into a mix attack, while Resistance will be the weaker one among Light Resistance and Dark Resistance.
    After awakening, Resistance turns into Dark&Light mix Resistance.

Questions:
    1- "attack turns into a mix attack" what means?
    2- "Resistance turns into Dark&Light mix Resistance" what means? This can't meaning "Resistance will be the weaker one among Light and Dark" like in unawakened form.

For wind/water sylphs:
    When following character or Eudaemon in battle, defense turns in to Holy Water. When attacked with non-divine attacks, defense will be PDEF or MDEF (the stronger of the two). Resistance turns into Wind or Water (the stronger of the two).
    Questions:
    3- "non-divine attacks" what means?
    4- no passive after awakening?
    5- if a player with dark/light sylph will meet a player with wind/water???

1 - Fused sylphs attacks with average of your PATK and MATK, so it is combined attack (not pure PATK nor MATK) that can be defended based on average of defender PDEF and MDEF. In non-sylph form you will attack with lower of sylph element RES you have.
    2 - In sylph mode you will attack with average of your both element RES and it will be combined attack (both elements apply)

3 - non-divine means you do not have sylph activated (non-sylph mode) = 1
    4 - passive applies still, depending which passive skill you will use that text is modified a little bit

5 - in non-divine attacks, when attacker has not yet activated his Loki/Odin:
    - he/she hits with average of his PATK/MATK and lower RES of his/hers light/dark RES
    - you defend with higher of PDEF/MDEF, but with RES corresponding to his/hers lower light/dark RES

- in divine (sylph activated), better of your water/wind RES apply

Comment

Pretty sure nothing happens with an average of the player's MATK and PATK (that would cost me a full 100k ATK, which makes no sense). Unawakened sylph attacks can use an average, and those attacks ignore defense, so MDEF & PDEF don't enter into it. Certain effects, like damage immunity and resistance to specific attack types (i.e. wind ranger shield) would be interesting to test.

Comment

If player with Hecate defends Loki with having light RES as weaker:

- he starts attacking by combined light attack, I defend with average PDEF and MDEF and my light RES
        - then he entered Loki state, I defended with average of dark/light RES (again with both PDEF/MDEF average)
        - then I entered Hecate state, I defended with dark RES and average MDEF/PDEF
        - then my passive and Owe turn him back to non-divine mode and I was defending still with dark RES and average MDEF/PDEF

From his point of view:
        - he defended my MATK dark attacks with MDEF and dark RES
        - after entering Loki mode, he defended with MDEF and average light/dark RES
        - after I was awakening Hecate, he defended with MDEF/PDEF light/dark average and
        - after he goes back to non-divine mode he defended with dark PDEF

Comment

Originally posted by P-J-J View Post
          1 - Fused sylphs attacks with average of your PATK and MATK, so it is combined attack (not pure PATK nor MATK) that can be defended based on average of defender PDEF and MDEF. In non-sylph form you will attack with lower of sylph element RES you have.
          2 - In sylph mode you will attack with average of your both element RES and it will be combined attack (both elements apply)

3 - non-divine means you do not have sylph activated (non-sylph mode) = 1
          4 - passive applies still, depending which passive skill you will use that text is modified a little bit

5 - in non-divine attacks, when attacker has not yet activated his Loki/Odin:
          - he/she hits with average of his PATK/MATK and lower RES of his/hers light/dark RES
          - you defend with higher of PDEF/MDEF, but with RES corresponding to his/hers lower light/dark RES

- in divine (sylph activated), better of your water/wind RES apply
          I'm not sure about such details (don't own any fused sylph to verify it), but based on the sylphs I borrowed for expedition, both Odin & Frigga have SOME attacks through the MATK/PATK immune bosses and SOME attacks are ignored. Are all their skills the combo type? To me it looked like only the combo-specific skills (the skills absent from both predecessor sylphs) were mixed types, though I cannot find out the actual implementation details (not a techie & no more techies on team).

Comment

i think that even who translated these descriptions, didn't understand well how these passives are working.
            The first part of the passive of wind/water seems very bad/useless, because it doesn't work against sylph's attacks, so we can forget of it.
            About resistances:
            - if a player with loki/odin attacks us, we need both light and dark;
            - if a player with freya/frigga attacks us, we need ONLY ONE between wind or water res. We can have 0 wind res and 10k water res, and we defend using water res. It seems stupid to me, i hope someone will test it.

Comment

There was always difference between how the fight works in divine (sylph activated) and non-divine mode (sylph not activated, sylph auto-attacks support player's class skills each 2nd round):

- in non-divine mode defender defends with element RES of the attacker's sylph
              - in divine mode defender defends with his activated sylph element RES

For Loki/Odin I found that I defend in non-divine mode by light or dark (I have dark 3 times higher than light, so it is easily distinguishable) and on average PDEF/MDEF (again I have it asymmetric, so distinguishable)
              For Freya/Frigg I found that I defend in non-divine mode by water or wind (I used Arise to distinguish) and on average PDEF/MDEF

For divine mode I used averages of both elements

I hope R2 will provide me free Loki and Freya for study how they fight , or I should again ask opponent to record it for analysis.

Comment

not sure if hitting players (including the TOK shadows) is any different than expedition & ef, but i saw both odin & frigga have some attacks working & some not working against bosses with immunity, seemingly suggests some attacks are patk, some are matk, or some are single type while some are mixed. while it worked, all their attacks seem pretty strong against players, but not as impressive against bosses in expedit. & ef, so the attacks possibly take the weaker of our resistances. no time to make screenshots & analyze the details, but that's roughly how it feels alike to use them or fight them.

NONE of the Loki/Odin I borrowed had this passive skill on, so it is possible that this passive skill turns all the Loki/Odin attacks into mixed type, which makes them ignore immunity & use the weaker element type of the target they hit. The Frigga I borrowed does not have this passive and I haven't fought any Freya/Frigga with this passive, so I can't tell what it does.

Comment

I suggest we all get free Loki and Freya seals to check

Comment

all merged sylphs have these passives, but them aren't located between others skills:

Name:	q12q.jpg
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	1718467

Name:	q13q.jpg
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	1718468

Name:	q14q.jpg
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	1718469

i have no screenshots for windwater

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn View Post
                      all merged sylphs have these passives, but them aren't located between others skills:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]151612[/ATTACH]
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]151613[/ATTACH]
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]151614[/ATTACH]

First is passive, that enchant your character PDEF/MDEF by 5%
                      Second is also passive, it does exactly what is written there
                      Third is active only in non-divine state as skill shot after each 2nd skill casted

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn View Post
                        i see. thanks for the ss. i could not see the unawakened passives in expedition so can't tell. in tok & duels, i don't seem to see they hit me for the lower resistance, but unawakened hits are typically very small so defense/resistance probably makes less difference than i could notice. not going to spend the 60k balens yet. hopefully we have a better idea of merged sylphs by the time i shall decide to do a sylph merge.

Comment

Working...
                        X