Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

servers population

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• servers population

hey guys, i'm new here so you would do me a favour if you could answer this question

where (from us west, us east and europe) is the highest amount of people playing? i'd like to start playing this time, as it looks really great, so it's important for me to not start playing on "dead" server

regards

They use Average Amount Spent Quarterly/Monthly per player as a big metric for server viability, and you'll find nearly everyone stuck in the "my server has 2 guilds of 30 people and single digit players everywhere else propped up by a small handful of players who spend more than everyone else combined" situation.

I cant say for certain about other regions, but that includes every USWest non-test packet (and most of the last 2 batches of servers to merge into "test" were in similar situations).

Comment

so you mean the amount of players in all regions is pretty much similar?

Comment

Similar structure:

99% concentrated in the top 2 guilds, a smattering everywhere else.

Comment

Would be nice if r2 had "people online" next to your server that way you could see how dead each server is actually

Comment

right now we can't even see for how long a friend has been offline lol

Comment

They won't do that because it would give the players true insight into the condition of the game. Right now, they can lie about the numbers and no one will ever know. They can claim to have 1 million players and that it is extremely popular, and you don't ahve the stats to know they are lying.

Once they start putting in the people online thing, the true state of the game becomes apparent.

At a guess, I am saying less than 300 actives per server cluster. My gut feeling is that there are less than 10,000 people playing WT across all regions over all servers in R2. I am not including R2 troll accounts, mentors and alts in this gut feeling thing as these things just inflate numbers with no engagement in the game.

Comment

You also have to count with alts and script-running toons.

And especially popular topic on R2 support, where people which violate their rules are measured by spending level, not how their punishment have influence to other people. So we have toon-resellers in game, who sell or rent accounts to new players living on server only few weeks before passing the account to next person.

Comment

You saw how that R2 staffer tried to claim that they follow their rules and regs just 2 days ago? What a load of rubbish. We all know that they don't punish whales whatever the whales do. It is like the biggest open secret in the game.

There are none so blind as he who has a vested interest in not seeing.

Comment

Even some medium-sized whales (they do not yet have fused sylph, but their sylphs has moons) got money from renting the acquired accounts to newcomers, which they spend on R2. Good business for both?

But last week I had a private chat with one of them - she said the prizes to rent is dropping as less people want to play here after patch 5.0. Even toons to sell has prices dropped.

The valuation manager should accept that Wartune is no more star and switch strategy to long-time sustain to gain lower but relatively good money in next years.

Comment

They won't care. Once the numbers drop to a certain level, they will just close the game and start up another. Sucks to be you if you have invested a lot into the game.

Comment

Originally posted by AdaJames View Post
                        They won't care. Once the numbers drop to a certain level, they will just close the game and start up another. Sucks to be you if you have invested a lot into the game.
                        Thats just the way Chinese game design works. Make a game, sell the rights to publishers, when it gets slow publishers drop it for another new designed game. Look around on the net, theres all kind of stories about it.. even R2 development has a video
                        at a European gaming conference explaining "the way the Chinese games make money". They even claim whales spending 100k a month.

Comment

as far as choosing between west/east/Europe, I would say the more important factor is this ...

When the servers hit 0000 ("regional midnight"), the new Hot Events are listed. However, the servers do not reset for a new day until 0500. In other words, with hot events, there is an opportunity to get an extra day of event rewards between 0000 and 0500 of the first day of each event, as the hot event will reset after 0500 even on the first day.

With that, Europe, east and west have an added benefit because the oceanic servers hit the 0000 "regional midnight" a few hours before the others. The other regions get a few hours of fore-knowledge of the next day's events (Europe = 7 hours, east = 12 hours, west = 15 hours).

Put both together, and you want to choose a region in which you will be best able to take advantage of the 5 hours between 0000 and 0500 (regional time) to get extra hot event turns. Also note the last world boss is 2 hours before 0000, and guild battles/special events are 4 hours prior.

Comment

Originally posted by BrokSonic View Post
                            Thats just the way Chinese game design works. Make a game, sell the rights to publishers, when it gets slow publishers drop it for another new designed game. Look around on the net, theres all kind of stories about it.. even R2 development has a video
                            at a European gaming conference explaining "the way the Chinese games make money". They even claim whales spending 100k a month.
                            No. The main reason for the decline of games is mainly customer service. You give bad customer service (i.e., ignore complaints, lie, etc.) or if you treat customers with contempt, people go away. No one is going to pay for ongoing abuse.

This is not something that the dev can control. This is purely in the realm of the publishers.

Comment

And as you pay EU VAT, you should respect respective country Consumer law - you can start with registration mail and warranty

Comment

Working...
                              X