Wind Ranger Poison Damage Waaaay out of scale for Eudaemon Skills

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wind Ranger Poison Damage Waaaay out of scale for Eudaemon Skills

The damage that the wind ranger does with his poison attack is way out of scale for what the other eudaemon's damage can do. I mean I have several high level eudaemons but they go down like wet paper against even a low level wind ranger taking several hundred thousand damage per round. The heals are not even enough to overcome the poison. Just does not seem equitable to have one so unequal in the damage it can inflict.

Wind ranger rules eudaemon arena, but it's not nearly so dominant elsewhere. And they do take a few rounds to build up to the big bleed, plus they die a little easier than others.
    It's completely fair to have them be good at different things. Sacred knight has some great pvp abilities, but it's kinda terrible at anything else. Oracles have excellent support skills, but not much in the way of damage. Hunters have the ridiculously overpowered multi-shot, plus incendiary to nerf opponents. Scourge mages just suck, so not much to say about them.

Comment

wind ranger = dps mage with patk. they r very squishy in front of big hitters. i never had any issues killing them or getting mine killed in less than 4 rounds. a 200-800k bleeding is nice, but mine (with 1m+ hp) doesn't seem to get that many chances to build it up without my oracle healing him constantly (waste of cycles IMHO).

Comment

The Wind Ranger has as many, if not more, AoE attacks than the Hunter.

Comment

Wind Ranger is good at tandem that can bleed opponent up to 4 stacked constantly, single is not so strong:

Even if you bleed opponent each round, the bleeding last 3 rounds = 150% eudemon PATK maximally besides the damage it initially gave
          So good HP equipped eudemon a/o toon can survive easily. Even in eudemon arena.

I used wind ranger in CW preliminaries to eliminate weak opponents faster (to have chance to fast re-logging as the client usually slows down after each 3-4 fights due to enormous TCP/IP connections in Waiting state), but in finals I used other one after seeing how fast opponents kill him (maybe I need my class to gain some wind ranger abilities to make tandem).

Comment

Originally posted by AdaJames View Post
            The Wind Ranger has as many, if not more, AoE attacks than the Hunter.
            I suppose technically that is true, since they each have exactly one real aoe, but the hunter has 4 attacks that can hit multiple targets, while the ranger only has 2. It's actually the long cd of the aoe that limits the ranger's usefulness in places like arena. You can't build up much of a poison stack against more than a couple targets. That's why they're so good in eudaemon arena: at most two targets, both in the same row.

Comment

Just me, Or did r2 just cupcake by releasing it on the 2k recharge ?
              DM S9 Kabumu

Comment

They want you to buy it. That is how they work. They come up with some stupidly powerful thing, then went a couple of weeks for people to realise how overpowered it is, and then release it for sale.

If you buy it, you're a moron. Just get it the old fashioned way and let R2 eat cake.

Comment

Originally posted by AdaJames View Post
                  They want you to buy it. That is how they work. They come up with some stupidly powerful thing, then went a couple of weeks for people to realise how overpowered it is, and then release it for sale.

If you buy it, you're a moron. Just get it the old fashioned way and let R2 eat cake.

Normally I would agree, but with the silly way they have the eudaemon summoning configured(i.e. random), its cheaper in the long run to get this particular eudaemon in the recharge reward if you don't already have it. Think about all of the extra space you'll be saving in your inventory when you no longer have to store all of those wind ranger skill books. I was planning to recharge anyway, so it was a huge bonus for me.

The only ones I would really consider foolish are those that dished out a lot of money to get the wind ranger eudaemon when they first became available.

Comment

It still costs me nothing in the long run other than time that will flow anyway. I can live without the wind ranger.

I would not buy any balens under any circumstance from R2 ever again. Their customer service and how they troll players makes them unworthy of my patronage.

Comment

The way how they designed the eudemon skill system is forcing you to get this eudemon, even if you do not need (4 eudemons is enough for bounty targets, eudemon arena).

But the skill system needs too much skills (exponentially by 4), so many of us wait for the monthly event to open acquired skill boxes. But they expand to 54 spaces in inventory (64 after the blood warrior will appear), then you remove them only to put them to respective eudemon, otherwise it block your inventory.

So in reality we all need to have all the 6 eudemon classes to survive the space management. To acquire them, we need online event that adds 3-4 shards per 4 weeks, exchange saved chests for 10*5 shards or stay on the lower Bounty Target places, no need to cash. But we need also the luck as the unbounded randomizer can help some players, while others have 10+ same class, so they need more to wait and do all the inventory space management tricks with mail.

The "bug" which allows to buy skills only for ub was removed after month at the same time, when the 2,000 charging event with free wind ranger appeared. All the month before it was promoted as ultra strong eudemon, even this thread is used as kind of promotion. Especially as I get lots of negative evaluations of my post saying it is not as special (I use it only in tandem in WPS ad eudemon arena when all in the same row and limited in count).

BTW, when they will correct the scourge mage? As the worst eudemon at the moment (even its skills are cheaper at 60% price of others).

Comment

Working...
                      X