How to save Wartune

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to save Wartune

I liked this game since I play, but right now, it seems the game will die in a half year if you, R2Games wont do something.

We used to the bugs, the greed, the chaos, the gamble. But there is one thing we cant get used to. When the game is utterly unplayable.

The game has many team events: titan war, chaos war, cross-server guild battle. All these events are completely unplayable for a simple reason.
    Eudaemons. And its not even the hardware lag from flash - there is simply to much information flowing through the sockets. There is no way tocorrect that. Not even hiding the players (which only made things worse and totally bugged) helped.

So technically, you can do 2 things:

1.) Shut down the game in a few months.

2.) Remove eudaemons from any event where 4 player fights vs 4 players.

Maybe these events work in China where servers and players are located at the same place. But when the data have to travel from EU to the US, then to China, then back to US and EU... it is UNPLAYABLE. Do something please or game over.

Allowing less than 4 in arena was a good start, btw.
    Last edited by Fherlayt; 11-01-2015, 03:46 PM.
    My blog about how to build the strongest character in Wartune using a minimum amount of balens:

I agree. Sure they can add an element of strat, however, when there's 8 of them, you lag to much to get any use of them.

I can accept the bugs here and there, I can accept the gamble way of getting stronger, I can even accept the lag, and refresh every 10min. But when it comes to the point where 1 crit cloud makes the game lag way too much, it's no fun anymore, also the reason why I haven't group pvp:ed except for cross events since 1 year back. Also the reason why I don't focus on pdef or mdef, cause I don't need it in pve, the only thing I enjoy in this game.

I wouldn't mind eudaemon's going away from the game in whole, if that means group pvp becomes playeble again.

Comment

Difference between China's clones (I do not know which you use, not all China is the same) and ours is:

- they have collocated proxies and application servers, so parallel requests from client is almost solved in the proper order
      - they miss the JavaScript nirvana, which for every new Flash playable object (eudemon has still the R and F) create analytics controller that slows down its rendering a it needs first extract raw data to JavaScript, which is immediately summarized by jQuery.js.

But we made test, I fought single against 4 my colleagues without eudemons in 4v4 arena, lag was there too, which indicates not only eudemons did something bad in code (actually it helped me to find the issue with JavaScript which was not here 1 year ago in such a huge volume)

but I still see another option:

3.) Remove the useless damage/dodge/heal numbers from all dungeons (they are usable only in 1v1 PVP or PVE, in multiparty it is hard to guess whom it belongs and who caused it)

And of course, think a little bit why performance dropped so rapidly after 5.0 and 5.1 patches; again I am pointing to two similar R2 Games - Winterfrost Legacy with 3 eudemons and Nova Genesis with 1-2 eudemons - which still have pretty well responses.

Comment

It is simple: They want you to move over to the newer games. So they deliberately stuff up the old one.

Comment

Today I played for almost 1h with kids in China's clone. I do not see such lag as I see here, even the connection to the game server is slower than to servers of this clone.

I tried PvP, MPD, and arena ...

Comment

As I see, there are 2 types of lag.

One is when the too many graphics are on the screen and Flash puts extreme pressure on your hardware. With my previous computer, I often had 95+% CPU usage and most of RAMs used when I tried to play 3 character, then it happened with 2, and at the end, it occured even with 1.
            As a result, the game became a slow-motion. When I bought a new Intel i7 with 16GB RAM this problem was gone, combat became faster.

But not in the above mentioned situations. The graphics is running at okay speed, but still everything is happening very slowly. Because the combat has 16 participants, so each participant must wait until the other 15 acts; and also, many actions affect 8 or more targets at once. So this is a huge data traffic. I remember when they increased the arena participants from 3 to 4. Not a big change, but before that, I never had any lag in arena, and after that, I could use 1-2 skills less in the same time. So obviously, there is a limit to participants where the game can still communicate with the server at acceptable speed.

I think my suggestion is very simple, and easy to implement. Surely it will mean the importance of eudaemons decrease, but this is still a more acceptable options than shutting down the game.

P-J-J, someone told me he did some testing on the network traffic, the main problem is that all servers we play on are located in China still. Yes you log in via US servers but after that, you play on a Chinese server. If the servers were located in the US for US players, and in the EU for EU players, probably these problems would be solved. But it would be a significant increase of cost for them.
            My blog about how to build the strongest character in Wartune using a minimum amount of balens:

Comment

As players, we've already voiced our concerns since a long time ago but their respond is way too slow or none at all. So, is Wartune worth saving?

If they deliberately trying to get us to play their new games, I would say it's a big mistake. Sure me and my friends will find new one, but it's not going to be R2/7Road/PC games.
              I'm certain there are games out there with better dev than this one and I already have my eyes on few games.

If China's Wartune has less lag than what we are having now, I can only assumed that our problem will be corrected on much later patches. But, it would be too late.
              Most of my friends are nearly reach their boiling points. 3 years of playing and Wartune has become almost unplayable to them. That's just sad.

So come on R2/7Road/PC, is Wartune really worth saving?

Comment

Originally posted by Fherlayt View Post
                P-J-J, someone told me he did some testing on the network traffic, the main problem is that all servers we play on are located in China still. Yes you log in via US servers but after that, you play on a Chinese server. If the servers were located in the US for US players, and in the EU for EU players, probably these problems would be solved. But it would be a significant increase of cost for them.
                I tested this
                - it seems to me that the proxies are located in US, EU (CentOS with Xen virtualization, and on top the proxy farm - details are visible in every response) according to IP location database.
                - But due to frequent 403/404 and 408/409 http responses the line between proxies and application servers is slower and it looks they are located in China under global Divine Comedy II/Wartune/Legend Online/... provider which sometimes makes bad release configuration so we see Chinese pictures - I filed tickets 2 times.

Which makes sense - proxies are used to reduce load, then big pipe to application servers managed by same team who is knowledgeable how to restart, backup and update databases in case of issues.
                Unfortunately, the client is stateless, so any delay and jitter on the line to application servers is visible even that you have such fast computer. And even worse, the application is designed so it expects burst mode communication - for example if you collect milk, it sends 4 messages, to calm ... feed the animal and it sends it synchronously.

Note:
                - 404/403 reply means that proxy does not get response from application/credential server in-time, 408/409 means that cache object was removed before client responded, first means application server is far from proxy, latter means bad aggregation level.

And the main portal is AmazonAWS cloud ...

Comment

Originally posted by AdaJames View Post
                  It is simple: They want you to move over to the newer games. So they deliberately stuff up the old one.
                  Given all the money Wartune continues to pull in, that makes zero sense.

Comment

They get more if you start a new toon on a new game.

Comment

Working...
                    X