Announcement

Collapse

R2 LOGIN ISSUES

For recent R2 login issues, please log in through the website starting with "https": https://www.r2games.com. In addition, the bookmark of the saved URL may still contain the word "http", please change it to "https". If this does not work for you, please clear the cache and cookies to complete the most recent update, or try again with another browser. Thank you.
See more
See less

Wartune patch 5.2 ... They really do put players first!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wartune patch 5.2 ... They really do put players first!

I just got the inside scoop on patch 5.2, and boy are they putting players first.

The game box is changed so that every day, players pick which game they want to play (Jewels, Fishing, UP or Goodies), and Saturday/Sunday we can play any two games, with Cloud Adventures as an option. The games have been returned to their original format (including Cloud Adventures), the fish tank is automatically level 30 (VIP card fish replaced with 5 nickels fish), and Jewel Hunt is automatically level 30 (big chests replaced with 5 nickels).

The Dimension Wars now includes a shop in which we can exchange crystal shards for items. The exchange includes the full range of old and new items (e.g. 2 crystals for a soul crystal, 500 crystals for a blue flame, also includes divinity shards/stones). Further, each 5 floors contains an offering chest, with a small chance of getting a balen-mine instead of the offering chest.

Battlegrounds can now give honor to players who lose a fight. Each fight is a battle for 200 honor, and the winner can take all 200 with a total victory (both troops and eudemon are alive), but the loser takes 50 honor for killing the winner's eudemon and 20 honor for each troop killed. Further, winners and losers are sent back to re-spawn area after a fight "to replenish health". Finally, whoever initiates the fight gets an additional 50 honor. ... boy are those battlegrounds going to become a ruckus after this patch.

HOT EVENTS - this may be the big one. All the synthesizing events (main gems, sylph souls, eudemon diamonds, resist crystals) will now be split into two events. There will be an unlimited lower level synthesis event (4-7 for main gems, 3-6 for others) including double-item rewards. The higher level synth events (8-12 gems, 7-12 others) will be a separate once-a-day reward for synthing.

Some other changes
    - The game options now include a box to replace the damage graphics with a plain-text damage number.
    - Gold is no longer needed to do Holy Forge
    - Astral one-click capture will be available without VIP, Astral auto-capture feature available at level 2 VIP
    - Eudaemon can now be sacrificed for a level-X gem (X is level of eudaemon)
    - Guild vault tab is added to the main character screen.
    - Sylph atoll will now have four separate entrances for the four separate levels

• Meikura001
    replied
    Yep, I beat my addiction! Yay me. Since these pieces of <expletive> patches that came out in the last few weeks, I've been dedicating more time into the forums as well as having an outside life (with two women who will add me to their FB list much later; had to choose which to make my next gf). No more gaming and slaving away as I had done before due to low returns and tons of lag that throws my team out (along with the finger pointing in saying that it's my 60 MBPs connection and not their end). My system is thanking me for not putting it through that torment as I don't play as much as before. This is also the same system I had when WT first came out and was able to use 4 characters with no problem.

Thank you, R2 for breaking away my addiction from a game that isn't worth jack.

Leave a comment:

• R238423534
    replied
    [sacarsm] patch 5.1 is really a players-first patch!!! now we can go offline more often, sleep more, have more personal time, feel less attached to game & online social, get rid of internet addiction, AND, MOST IMPORTANTLY, SAVE ALL THE MONEY WASTED IN WARTUNE FOR BETTER THINGS!!! now we can play wartune for 5 minutes a day & nobody around us would complain about game taking away their friend, so we can keep playing this free game for another 10-20 years or so!!! isn't that the perfect solution? sounds like yes!!!

Leave a comment:

• Arlad
    replied
    Originally posted by Zedd60 View Post
    I'll believe it when i see it. I am so ready to leave this game
    Originally posted by antony200 View Post
    its a bogus post - wartune if as stated are beyond the point of reason to improve the game why do so now - why now would they stop there endless years of ignoring players and just thought of the money, i,m sorry but if this was true wartune themselfs after all the abuse it took whould surely have been eager to inform us and given an inside view.
    Originally posted by Jelena223 View Post
    All I can say is idk if this can be trusted or not...and if this patch is really up to come,when will that be?
    you guys should read the rest of the thread first <_<
    TC said it himself:

Originally posted by R2111470937 View Post
    It's satire ... showing how far removed they are from "putting players first."

Leave a comment:

• Zedd60
    replied
    I just got the inside scoop on patch 5.2, and boy are they putting players first.

The game box is changed so that every day, players pick which game they want to play (Jewels, Fishing, UP or Goodies), and Saturday/Sunday we can play any two games, with Cloud Adventures as an option. The games have been returned to their original format (including Cloud Adventures), the fish tank is automatically level 30 (VIP card fish replaced with 5 nickels fish), and Jewel Hunt is automatically level 30 (big chests replaced with 5 nickels).

The Dimension Wars now includes a shop in which we can exchange crystal shards for items. The exchange includes the full range of old and new items (e.g. 2 crystals for a soul crystal, 500 crystals for a blue flame, also includes divinity shards/stones). Further, each 5 floors contains an offering chest, with a small chance of getting a balen-mine instead of the offering chest.

Battlegrounds can now give honor to players who lose a fight. Each fight is a battle for 200 honor, and the winner can take all 200 with a total victory (both troops and eudemon are alive), but the loser takes 50 honor for killing the winner's eudemon and 20 honor for each troop killed. Further, winners and losers are sent back to re-spawn area after a fight "to replenish health". Finally, whoever initiates the fight gets an additional 50 honor. ... boy are those battlegrounds going to become a ruckus after this patch.

HOT EVENTS - this may be the big one. All the synthesizing events (main gems, sylph souls, eudemon diamonds, resist crystals) will now be split into two events. There will be an unlimited lower level synthesis event (4-7 for main gems, 3-6 for others) including double-item rewards. The higher level synth events (8-12 gems, 7-12 others) will be a separate once-a-day reward for synthing.

Some other changes
    - The game options now include a box to replace the damage graphics with a plain-text damage number.
    - Astral one-click capture will be available without VIP, Astral auto-capture feature available at level 2 VIP
    - Sylph atoll will now have four separate entrances for the four separate levels

I'll believe it when i see it. I am so ready to leave this game

Leave a comment:

• antony200
    replied
    its a bogus post - wartune if as stated are beyond the point of reason to improve the game why do so now - why now would they stop there endless years of ignoring players and just thought of the money, i,m sorry but if this was true wartune themselfs after all the abuse it took whould surely have been eager to inform us and given an inside view.

Leave a comment:

• laba-laba
    replied
    I always thought reading must come first before writing.
    R2 proved me wrong, unfortunately I don't read gibberish.
    I don't think they think as we think it ought to be.

Leave a comment:

• Darkwise
    replied
    Originally posted by Xharry005x View Post
    now that is the way to do wartune gz on showing r2 brains of the world how it should be done hahaha
    R2 brains? That was funny) you are giving them way to much credit.

Leave a comment:

• Xharry005x
    replied

Some other changes
    now that is the way to do wartune gz on showing r2 brains of the world how it should be done hahaha

Leave a comment:

• krzycanuk
    replied
    i would play that game ……..

Leave a comment:

• Meikura001
    replied
    Almost fooled me, too, but damn, I would like to see something like this in a perfect game of Wartune. However, I don't think anyone at R2 is that smart, and if a toddler upstages them, it would be an insult to their bruised egos.

Leave a comment:

• R2111470937
    replied
    Originally posted by dennyh View Post
    but thats exactly what needs to happen, or they are going to lose 30-40 percent of their client base from this patch alone.
    ... and that is my point. They know how easily they can make the game better. That is not their concern. Free-to-play has always been about taking the most money they can take from the players before they leave. Within that function, however, came a game called Wartune, which was successful at bringing Chinese-style gaming elements (namely, focused on luck/probability and playing to increase the odds) to the rest of the world. At that point, Wartune providers had the option to change their focus to retention/volume to make money, but they chose to stay focused on taking as much money from the players before they stop spending and gradually leave.

Right now the game is at less than 10% of it's peak popularity (a traffic-estimator website puts it at 6-7% of peak) and there is no potential for a come-back. They are years beyond the point of having a reason to improve the game.

EDIT NOTE: The peak of the game was around summer of 2013, and since then it has been in steady decline.
    Last edited by R2111470937; 11-06-2015, 01:19 PM. Reason: Add detail

Leave a comment:

• Jelena223
    replied
    All I can say is idk if this can be trusted or not...and if this patch is really up to come,when will that be?

Leave a comment:

• dennyh
    replied
    but thats exactly what needs to happen, or they are going to lose 30-40 percent of their client base from this patch alone.
    it will put me closer to my goal of making warlords hall in class wars, but that would simply be by attrition.

Leave a comment:

• R2111470937
    replied
    Originally posted by ScarletMoonLight View Post
    where did you get this info....
    It's satire ... showing how far removed they are from "putting players first."

Leave a comment:

Working...
X