Shut Down the Game for 24 hours!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shut Down the Game for 24 hours!!

I know R2 is the producer of games and just the liaison between the game and the DEVs. Is R2 being the "fallguy" worth it? R2 already has bad reputation in the business world due to their poor customer service: just ask Paypal about R2/xStolla customer refunds and complaints.

You would think R2 would have more of say in the product they are producing?

R2 should discontinue Wartune until the DEVs fix all the new and old problems!!???

Is having a bad reputation worth it in the long run?

The issue is that part of the development is done by own R2 team.

They put blame on game developers, but lag is caused by its own JavaScript team.
    Some of the performance issuing codes are portal related. So it affect also other R2Games.

Yes, many bugs are caused by improper release control, configuration management etc from game development and clone management, but lag, mouse cursor issue etc are JavaScript caused.
    R2 support is underestimated and so R2 JavaScript and testing teams.

Hiring a/o training the needed staff cannot be achieved in 24h.

Comment

to fix only 10% of all the bugs they have to shut down for 1 week (better 1 month) and of course they will not do so, cause as long as there enough idiots that cash over and over again big amounts htey are more afraid to lose 1 day of cash than to fix bugs and keep some more players.

they dont think things the long way, they only see the short profit not the reputation they lose with their stupid politics. other companies lost their reputation and they did never really recover from that

Comment

Why would they even need to shut down? They just need to get some competent people to work on it (which isn't going to happen). If they shut the game down, it won't be to fix bugs, and the game won't be coming back.

Comment

The long way of development would be:

1. Creating a program/implementing improvements, testing it with their testing department. This can take weeks, months, before release.
          2. Having a "beta" session where certain locations (servers) are tested. Making a backup of the previous version to be used when reverting.
          3. Actually listening to their customer/player feedback on the features. If bad, then revert back to previous version. If good, then prepare for release to all.

I've been playing games where the time between versions is on an average of six months (sometimes a year if they are working on something really big). These <expletive>s of patches that were released are just that... <expletive>! With the exception of the latest one, there was a one week window between releases between "test servers" and the general population. This last one, was only a few days apart.

Something like this reminds me of Square when they made a Final Fantasy movie. They got the fans hyped up with some parts in their trailers that they spent to get the ticket, sometimes killing their own mothers in the process. On opening day, everyone was disappointed when Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within came out because it had nothing to do with the game itself. I got my money back that day, along with everyone else. Years later, after Enix and Square merged, they released Final Fantasy: Advent Children on DVD (never made it to theaters). Had they led with that one instead, fans would want to see it every day, and it would be the top grossing movie of that time slot.

So basically, this game is a rushed, half-assed creation to literally tick off the player base and get them to go to their other games. Well, it won't happen with me. I won't play another R2 game, no matter how badass it looks.

Note: My words are intentional and I have the power to revert this post to those specifics, so lay off the cupcake machine.
          Vicious! Approach with Caution!
          Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
          Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
          Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

I just don't understand why every game patch needs to change the game mechs drastically...
            It's like they are playing with our trust when we thought we alrdy know how the game works (esp. for those cashers ),
            they have to change it, and we have to learn the changes and accustom to them, and when it's next month, something gets optimized again.
            As compared to gtarcade that's the main host of LoA, the bugs and lags don't affect the playability of the game to such a drastic extent,
            their compensation are well off definitely, and they don't optimize anything that has been part of the game, except that they keep adding
            a new feature which most games usually do for their update...

IF there's nothing to add to the game, for the love of God, don't OPTIMIZE anything in the game patch!! And fix the game bugs instead :c

Comment

Because for R2, it's fix what's already fixed by making it worse, and what's broken by breaking it further. Their logic.

Comment

Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
                With the exception of the latest one, there was a one week window between releases between "test servers" and the general population. This last one, was only a few days apart.
                here u hit the nail .. ? why it was done to fit in with the emergeny maint they had as blitzing cost balens on the test servers .. thats where testing did stop and patch was pre-time pushed trough
                conclusion test servers are not to find bugs but to find if balen use is as planned

then as sidenote u forgot the intoduction of our *loved* hide players.. euh objects .. this compleetly ignored any testing and just was dumpt on us
                Last edited by demoniced; 11-10-2015, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brecken View Post
                  I know R2 is the producer of games and just the liaison between the game and the DEVs. Is R2 being the "fallguy" worth it? R2 already has bad reputation in the business world due to their poor customer service: just ask Paypal about R2/xStolla customer refunds and complaints.

You would think R2 would have more of say in the product they are producing?

R2 should discontinue Wartune until the DEVs fix all the new and old problems!!???

Is having a bad reputation worth it in the long run?
                  That is because the problem is R2's, not 7Road's.

7Road includes or excludes things that their customer, R2, demands. Not listening to what the players want implemented or complaints is purely an R2 function, not 7Road's. 7Road can't do jack shayte to satisfy the players if R2 prohibits it.

It is R2, as you rightly pointed out, who is in charge of the customer service. It is R2 who pi.sses off the player base on a daily basis. It is R2 staff who actively trolls and flames players. 7Road is not involved in this.

It is also R2 who puts in the extra stuff (or demand that it is put in) like Google Analytics, which causes the majority of the lag experience by players. That is not 7Road's fault. Why would 7Road care about traffic to R2's site?

It is R2 who decides which events are in the game and which are out, what is the level of rewards, what minigames to include and what the compensation packages are for their boo-boos. NONE of those are in 7Road's domain.

You will note that the Chinese version of Wartune does NOT have the customer dissatisfaction problems that the English version has. You will note that the Chinese version does NOT have the lag that the English version has. Most tellingly, you will note that the Chinese version has features that the English version does NOT have. Features that the players have been asking for for YEARS.

STOP BLAMING 7ROAD FOR R2'S BAD DECISIONS, CONTEMPT FOR PLAYERS AND OUTRIGHT TRUCULENCE!

Comment

Originally posted by demoniced View Post
                    here u hit the nail .. ? why it was done to fit in with the emergeny maint they had as blitzing cost balens on the test servers .. thats where testing did stop and patch was pre-time pushed trough
                    conclusion test servers are not to find bugs but to find if balen use is as planned

then as sidenote u forgot the intoduction of our *loved* hide players.. euh objects .. this compleetly ignored any testing and just was dumpt on us
                    Oh trust me, there are so many posts talking about those items that I won't waste my breath to repeat (if they want to know, let them read through all the <expletive> we've been posting) such. On a high note, any patch they forced onto us forgot to go through the testing channels and protocols. They got no excuse now since the holiday is done and gone... or, better yet, I would love to hear this from them.

Comment

Working...
                    X