No announcement yet.

Delphic Holy Water Shield change

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a picture of the description of the skill... it clearly states and I quote "Casts a Holy Water Shield over entire party which absorbs damage equal to 40% caster's Max HP, cannot be dispelled and cannot stack with other shields"......
    Now Triton shield is better than freya/frigga? Click image for larger version

Name:	freya.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	555.0 KB
ID:	1719212
    Ingame name: Camages
    Server: EST, R2games
    Servername: S50 HereAfter
    Servers merged with: S9, S15, S39, S50, S52
    merged 4/10/2015 : S13, S21, S24, S27, S33
    merged 4/22/2016 : S179, S176, S182, S185, S188, S192, S195,S198, S201, S208, S211, S214, S217, S220, S224
    Toon: Mage
    Guild: Deadly Sins (DS) ...Dominion (newname)

Comment

Seems not the first nerf they did with Skill:

- Mage has Mana Shield, that cannot be removed, but cannot coexist with other shields,
      - if Apollo Shield is casted to help Mage by some Eudemon Knight,
      - Mana is removed, replaced by Apollo Shield,
      - which can be removed by SS, Haunt or Purge

So now Frigg has shield which disappears after 1st hit absorbing 40% damage or after 1 round?
      And as it cannot stack with other shields, any Apollo shield by lvl 6 eudemon skill could remove it?
      And it removes other shields which lasts more, but has lower reductions?
      OMG

Comment

Originally posted by karacks View Post
        Wait massively overpowered before? You mean for the 2-3 weeks before stealth adjustment.
        Here is the issue, Wartune reduced the damage of player copies in tok, Power of the players in actual combat is far greater.
        They could have simply made all sylphs main damage delphic deal 1/3rd current damage in all situations without an announcement and without changing tool tip to be fair.

40% party shield might seam OP, what do you think happens when a top player uses a combined dark light Delphic Endless Engulf at 50% or 100% damage bonus during group situations. Keep in mind that delphic is a fast cast the shield is a slower cast and gets no bonuses as percent damage done increases the longer the match lasts.
        I was thinking about Class Wars, where you can have that Frigga as a backup sylph, and cast a huge shield while still carrying an Odin to mangle your opponent. Or Titan Wars, where one person could potentially bring Frigga to support others who have Odins. 40% bonus hp in a close fight can really make a big difference.

My only encounter with it was in tok, of course, where it could turn a very beatable level into a total impossibility, so maybe my opinion is colored by that experience just a little

Comment

regardless of how one may feel about its power, its wrong for r2 to sell it as advertised, and then a few weeks later remove the skill which made it a premium purchase - that is beyond lame

Comment

All I learnt is that R2Games has no change control management:

7road programmer can make a mistake, but as nobody tested it, it can reach our servers
            as some changes are affected by differences we have in the clone - and fused sylph skills are different - then the one who approved to deploy the changes is in charge, no matter if the approval is implicit ("deploy what you think should be deployed").
            and as nobody told support and community people, what behaviour should be the right one, you can get different answers from different support people a/o mentors.

And as you see, no special emergency maintenance was scheduled, and it is not in tomorrow's maintenance, it has normal priority for R2 change management.

I saw video when friend of mine attacking player with Frigg in sylph arena and defeated him/her (she scheduled low [All] attack before complete wipe-out and it removed this shield to support the main attack). Maybe 3 Frigg's is the R2 implicit solution, but who will buy it?

Comment

Originally posted by UesugiAnkit View Post
              Can you post a video where you don't use guardian and that shield at the same time?

Edit: nvm a friend of mine tested it too, hopefully its a mistake...
              the skill description says NOT stackable with any shield at all, meaning if u apply another shield (including guardian rune & eudaemon shield), both will be gone. seen it numerous times in all sorts of places.

Comment

Originally posted by P-J-J View Post
                Seems not the first nerf they did with Skill:

- Mage has Mana Shield, that cannot be removed, but cannot coexist with other shields,
                - if Apollo Shield is casted to help Mage by some Eudemon Knight,
                - Mana is removed, replaced by Apollo Shield,
                - which can be removed by SS, Haunt or Purge

So now Frigg has shield which disappears after 1st hit absorbing 40% damage or after 1 round?
                And as it cannot stack with other shields, any Apollo shield by lvl 6 eudemon skill could remove it?
                And it removes other shields which lasts more, but has lower reductions?
                OMG
                not sure if shield strength really matters or not. my triton shield kept removing my friend's frigga shield even tho triton shield is 30% hp while frigga shield is 40% hp. the only way to have both is to move my friend to the back, which got me killed because i'm not that strong (only 3.13m with triton on).

Comment

According to their Terms of Service, you do not own anything. They are also not culpable for any sudden changes in any part of the game.

I mean, seriously, guys. They basically said that they can turn your greatest treasure into a lump of dinosaur dung overnight and there is nothing you can do about it. They did warn you and therefore covered their arse legally.

I echo the sentiments of a previous poster in this thread: you have to be a special kind of stupid to spend $600 on a sylph, especially when their ToS states that they can change your $600 investment into a pile of steaming BO whenever they feel like it.

Comment

Originally posted by AdaJames View Post
                    According to their Terms of Service, you do not own anything. They are also not culpable for any sudden changes in any part of the game.

I mean, seriously, guys. They basically said that they can turn your greatest treasure into a lump of dinosaur dung overnight and there is nothing you can do about it. They did warn you and therefore covered their arse legally.

I echo the sentiments of a previous poster in this thread: you have to be a special kind of stupid to spend $600 on a sylph, especially when their ToS states that they can change your $600 investment into a pile of steaming BO whenever they feel like it.
                    I second that.

This is why i keep telling people that whatever ridiculous amount of money you spend on this game, it is only a TEMPORARY advantage because, at some point, the value of what you bought will diminish greatly, whether it is from a nerf or from price changes / free events.

Thats how they been rolling since day 1 of wartune.

Sadly, new players are not always aware of that and this is why the player pool is full of angry, milked people.

Comment

Just bear in mind, MsKink, that they are still not allowed to advertise for things that they do not provide.

In other words, they can offer the fused sylphs for sale and then change it so that the fused sylphs are useless.

They CANNOT advertise that an item is being discounted 90% at 39 balens, when they have ALWAYS sold that item for 39 balens in the first place *cough*eventchests*cough*

They CANNOT call this a R18 game when Wartune has never been rated as such by any relevant authority.

Similarly, they CANNOT advertise that VIP gives you 21 advantages when 10 of those advantages doesn't exist (e.g., VIP quests).

They can nerf the **** out of your sylphs, kids, mounts, whatever, but the last three will see them in court.

Comment

Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
                        the skill description says NOT stackable with any shield at all, meaning if u apply another shield (including guardian rune & eudaemon shield), both will be gone. seen it numerous times in all sorts of places.
                        Yes I know that. It's happened to me when my guildmate used it while I have agoran up.
                        I just wanted to see if it was gone after 1 turn without guardian.

Comment

Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
                          not sure if shield strength really matters or not. my triton shield kept removing my friend's frigga shield even tho triton shield is 30% hp while frigga shield is 40% hp. the only way to have both is to move my friend to the back, which got me killed because i'm not that strong (only 3.13m with triton on).
                          40% of caster's max HP (Frigg) versus 30% of target's max HP (Triton/Poseidon). If your max HP is higher, then why not?

I realized that 5.1 patch silently touched these rules as sometimes I see reduction of skills differently than before - especially Apollo shield versus Guardian rune.

Comment

Both Delphic "Shield" type skills the sylph has is broken Delphic Holy Water Shield, can only be hit once. Delphic Swift Wind can only give awakening points to other party members 1 time instead of the full 3 turns, Even Windcrest can only be hit once. Very likely but unwilling to pay 6000 balens to find out Ice Shield on combined wind water broken as well. Video of Delphic Swift Wind "change/bug" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bqSCTXOMAk

Comment

Well, I see no bug here.
                              It says clearly - "3 turns, 1 time". So, it will last for 3 turns or can be "damaged" 1 time. As for Swift Wind - same logic. It last 3 turns, but activate only 1 time. I can't imagine a situation where it will last, but do not activate. Maybe stun, but still.
                              So, I do not think this is bug - it works exactly as written. But this does not change the fact that such behavior is a huge nerf and a spit to a cashers' face.
                              Grats, R2! Clearly, you always put players first.

Comment

Originally posted by P-J-J View Post
                                40% of caster's max HP (Frigg) versus 30% of target's max HP (Triton/Poseidon). If your max HP is higher, then why not?

I realized that 5.1 patch silently touched these rules as sometimes I see reduction of skills differently than before - especially Apollo shield versus Guardian rune.
                                even tho the description says it's the caster's max hp, at least in expedition it isn't the case for me. i have my stronger zeus & a frigga at front & a much weaker athena in the back, boss aoe & the athena was dead & the zeus had shield off & half hp left. the frigga still has shield on. that was how it was before this patch. i haven't tried frigg after patch coz her owner has switched to a much stronger odin & i can't pick the frigga any more.

Comment

Working...
                                X