It's just All Wrong

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's just All Wrong

I see the sarcasm written on these pages.
    they are the angry jests of those who have loved this game,
    they remember what this game was to them, a haven of hours of fun, relaxation and get away;
    now turned into this vile valley of frustration, shame and confusion.

Wartune !!,- No not you!, you feeble excuse for a game…
    I mean, you Wartune, the one we remember and love.
    Come Back to us. Come back to the quality gaming and adequate compensation.
    Come back to that place of "I can't wait to get home to be with you".
    Come back to the times when your upgrades put smiles on my face and made me say "Oh My Word, this game is Brilliant:

Come Back Wartune, Come Back.
    My heart yearns for the day when you will no longer persecute me with tiring 'lag', for hours on end.
    Sweet Wartune…Not YOU, you poor excuse for an entertainment retreat… I mean you Wartune, the true Wartune
    The Wartune that caught my eye and my heart some one and a half years ago and made me tell everyone I knew about this awesome love in a game I had found.

Hey Wartune, I'm sure those who invest their money & time in you are squirming in pain
    Feeling betrayed by your lies and deceptive speech.
    Alas, dear, Wartune!!…there is nothing wrong with going back to zero.
    There's nothing wrong with figuring out where went wrong
    Where did we go wrong?, where did we go wrong?
    It's just All wrong.

this thread gave me goosebumps.. I miss the old Wartune where I comb over the Forum section and look for real answers and not to see who's got the latest whine about lag and bugs.. the one where I hop ingame to run with my friends in MPDs, fool around in guild chat, and just share informative details about the game.. now even talking to them in PM seems impossible cuz of lag; heart blinks > screen freeze > reconnect --and it's same cycle.

I love the features, no doubt about that.. especially the Marriage part, I married the most wonderful person one can have.. this is the game that helped me realize so many things.. helped me grow in a sense, and gave me the honor of meeting awesome people from different parts of the world.. it's gut-wrenching to read posts about players who in some way regret (and rage quit) all for same reasons: lags and bugs..

I'm pretty sure anybody would read this will say "don't like it, stay out of it" or "get over it crybaby" or "get a life".. I have a life.. hell, I have lives LOL.. but I can't manage to stay out of this forum that became an extended home to me, as the thread posters became the brothers and sisters I haven't met yet.. *wipes tears like a boss*

anyway, hopefully this will be the last time ima pull a drama.. -_-"

Have a great day
    ooo naww, you didn't. you gotta be trollin' me o_O

Comment

somehow I got into an old zebq cw video the other day. It was so simple, yet so good, back in the days. Adding more steps for the calculation to victory doesn't mean it gets more fun.

Comment

What you write could be still done, by some simple steps.

1.) remove eudaemons from all 4 vs 4 fights. These are currently completely unplayable, and sadly these figths are the core of the most challenging team events.

2.) Undo nerfs where it is possible. Nerfs are the best way to kill any game and get rid of players. Give back the old sylph arena, add back reward for level 3 and 4 in events (gems, cloth etc), add back separate unlimited gem reward for gem synthesis, undo the game box, give back bound balens to dimensions, return vip chest and skeleton key chest and other loots to mpds, give us back the previous recovery system, etc.

3.) At least TRY to correct some of the most annoying bugs. Just a few with each patch, for the show.
        My blog about how to build the strongest character in Wartune using a minimum amount of balens:

Comment

After reading the first 2 lines, I realized that this post is a poem, that I'd definitely
          be ignorantly annoyed to read on (no offence), cuz many also can't understand the need
          for creative expression on the grievances of a broken game.

Instead, for this post, I actually wanted to do an analysis on all the game changes that wartune has gone through
          from all the past to the latest game patches, but from where the game is now, I think it's too much trouble of time to even do it...

All I can say is, everything was fine until patch 4.5 came in... (which means patch 4.0 was the best so far, before everything turned pretty sour)
          Last edited by Imonseph; 11-11-2015, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fherlayt View Post
            What you write could be still done, by some simple steps.

1.) remove eudaemons from all 4 vs 4 fights. These are currently completely unplayable, and sadly these figths are the core of the most challenging team events.

2.) Undo nerfs where it is possible. Nerfs are the best way to kill any game and get rid of players. Give back the old sylph arena, add back reward for level 3 and 4 in events (gems, cloth etc), add back separate unlimited gem reward for gem synthesis, undo the game box, give back bound balens to dimensions, return vip chest and skeleton key chest and other loots to mpds, give us back the previous recovery system, etc.

3.) At least TRY to correct some of the most annoying bugs. Just a few with each patch, for the show.
            R2Games is typical "milk until dead" company who will change the behaviour only if they feel they can milk more.

The main source of lag is:
            - analytical scripts that logs every object downloaded, WHY? UX is bad, so R2 JavaScript want to make it worse?
            - the synchronous publishing of updates (we should wait till all unneeded graphic features will be processed by single threaded Flash). This is 7road bad decision, which's redesign nobody want to touch (and maybe they are right, more coding = more untested bugs), but it affect all in the game
            - and the one who added the JavaScript to analyse all and then summarize it with jQuery.js (we need to aggregate details? So why details are collected?)

Eudemons are not wrong in principle, if they remove:
            a) the heal/dodge/damage/crit numbers from arena and other 4v4 dungeons - MPD with minions, chaos war, titan war, tok ...:
            1) Nobody can control who caused it, so it has no value
            2) It used graphically intensive rendering
            3) The synchronicity, when all other objects wait for this numbers to be rendered, before they start with their tasks

b) animation of skill bar - who saw how the bar is loaded with dimmed skills, which are then filled by animation of skill loadings and then by animation of CD numbers, which are always late
            c) unneeded downloads (processing is still single threaded, so rendering wait as soon as new object is available in cache)

A) Nerfing indicates bad valuation team work = focus on short term objectives without long-term vision. It includes rewards, free items turned to cash-only, VIP chests and shop, Auction House ... It needs to be resolved by manager to which they report, if he wants. If not, we can expect sudden death, when they gave up to gain income from the game.
            B) Selection of which sylph arena type/version is product manager, or clone manager, decision. The same person who designed eudemons the way that we have to collect all eudemon classes to reduce annoying skill box management, the same person who decided about scourge mage "usability" in comparison to dark kid in Chinese clones. The one that decided about sylph skill twists. And who had forgotten to add testers for clone specific regress testing and deployment QA. [Yes, more staff is costly and then it will not be looking so nice income. Who cares about overloaded support?] So rollback means failure for product clone manager.
            C) The code is non-maintainable, so somebody tried to simplify the internal design, but few skills start to behave differently after unification (so they solved it by text description changes, then we had some translation delays), no real refactoring was made. And I do not think nobody will invest in refactoring before this game dies under same management. This implies also bug correction, which they blocked by "picture or nothing" behaviour, that was adopted by R2 support. Both 7road and R2 development managers are in charge. It is annoying to correct other people's code, so they rather create new dungeon from scratch - BTW, Underground palace is forerunner to dimensions 1.0 ... 3.0 we have now, BI is forerunner to DI (so it is next one on the list, even they updated it to 2.1).

So doable is:
            - hide number clouds
            - animation cleansing (not all, only those escrow ones)

Nerfs will be solved as soon as they stop milking and recognize how close is the game to end, but if they come with dragon whisperer and gear sharing between class and subclasses, they can cash 2-5 months more.
            New dungeons and updates will be solved as soon as it will affect valuation.

Comment

Damn, this poem gave me a flashback in the ways I remembered the Old Wartune. That was deep, man.
              Vicious! Approach with Caution!
              Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
              Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
              Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

*edit: post on wrong thread*
                Last edited by Imonseph; 11-12-2015, 08:13 AM.

Comment

The game is becoming monotonous mostly due to dimension. 3k energy is too much. It refills too fast. And we have to use it or risk not completing the dimension. Its like a full time job. How about a 'fill all empty spaces in this level for xxx energy' option. That would certainly save some time. And let us see everything in the squares instead of this silly hide and seek game while searching for bb mines. The secret merchants suck. there are no great deals. No need for them to be hidden. We are not discovering anything mind-blowing. I don't understand how people with full time jobs have enough time to spare in the day to do everything including dimensions. It seems like it would be damaging to r2 as well. You need a job to pay for the game. But if you have a job you cannot do everything unless you play while at work. Most people cannot do that.
                  Last edited by cyc2u; 11-12-2015, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JkLoser87 View Post
                    somehow I got into an old zebq cw video the other day. It was so simple, yet so good, back in the days. Adding more steps for the calculation to victory doesn't mean it gets more fun.
                    I thoroughly agree If they took it back even to the patch just before the sylphs got put in as troops (can't remember which one that was), I would be happy. I miss the old Wartune very much!
                    Server: S371
                    Guild: Harmony♣
                    Class: Archer
                    Rapidly losing interest.......

Comment

Originally posted by kelbeans View Post
                      I thoroughly agree If they took it back even to the patch just before the sylphs got put in as troops (can't remember which one that was), I would be happy. I miss the old Wartune very much!
                      Funny part would be if they started to remove 1 of their "patch" now instead per month. That would feel like a patch, improvement ;D

Comment

Originally posted by JkLoser87 View Post
                        Funny part would be if they started to remove 1 of their "patch" now instead per month. That would feel like a patch, improvement ;D
                        Hahahaha indeed it would
                        Server: S371
                        Guild: Harmony♣
                        Class: Archer
                        Rapidly losing interest.......

Comment

i miss they old wartune where they had 3wb and 5mpd....it was simple and fun and players stayed longer on the server. And you always found a group to run mpd with.Oh and they arena set... loved that.And vouchers ,well face it you dont get alot of bb now .

Comment

lol..I still don't get why they removed that Arena gear. That was brilliant and added another dimension to getting equipment.

Comment

i missed the old wartune too everything seemed to worked better fun to do MPDs with friends.able to get rewards of gear recycle them to upgrade your gear now R2 are greedy people only want to milked us on everything.most things cant used bound balens game is almost unplayable only with people with big money can get stronger.there is no skills here only ppl who put alot of money in game.to R2 screwed you and 7road this was a place to meet friends chat all over the world.even collect from your farm need to reload over and over now friends dont help each other only by request.

Comment

Working...
                              X