Camp in 5.1 patch?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camp in 5.1 patch?

Hello,is it worth to camp on new servers or rush to lvl 80 with no medallion?I know there are eudemons events but I think it's not cleaver to rush in lvl 80 with 50 pve set and lose arena party,battle grounds...What you guys think?

Rush.

Don't do BG, but do arena. Even if you lose, you get insigs. Get your honour from guild battle, cross-server events and the honour medallions they keep dropping for the staying online events. Ignore PvP medals until you get to Lord Divine. That is the best value for insig medal you can get until the final permanent one.

At L80 Advanced class you will get a massive power boost from doing Tara Temple, Dragon Invasion and refining mounts. You can also skip all of the other sets and go straight for the L70 set, whose legendary form is required for L80 gear.

But most importantly, find a group who can consistently group with you for MP stuff. A good group can get you through all daily MP stuff like MP dungeon, Spire, TOK and Dragon Invasion within one hour of play. My group does Elemental Forest NM mode in 5 min, for example, and Spire Normal in 11-15 min, depending on the lag.

Comment

Originally posted by PinkApple View Post
      Hello,is it worth to camp on new servers or rush to lvl 80 with no medallion?I know there are eudemons events but I think it's not cleaver to rush in lvl 80 with 50 pve set and lose arena party,battle grounds...What you guys think?
      Medallions don't matter until you get teh Imperial Earl one where you can upgrade it.
      Use your insignia on Soul Seals. I would suggest max soul seal to 80 then worry about the Medallion. Medallion doesn't give must of a br boost like soul seals do.

Comment

Well. my 2cent.
        On a new server you should rush. There is really no point to camp.
        But, there is a number of things you should consider. Prepare for at least of 2 months of a constant CS PvP indignities. Maybe more. Maybe, a lot more.
        80 gear made from 70 legendary. And legendary require legendary shards. Shards require either a cashing (fast), or a gold (tons of it) or an insignia and a certain honor title (honor medallions +500 help a lot). So, even if you rush, you can't make 80 gear easily.
        Another thing. To make class advancement, you'll need 3 BG wins. Not an easy task, but possible.
        One more thing. If you really rush, you'll end like 80 lvl with 40k BR (no eud). Maybe 60k. This is really low. You'll need to complete a dragon den (or how this special dungeon is called) for class advancement. A have an alt of about 100k BR (no eud). And I had a tough time trying to complete it.

And a last word. You'd better not start at all. Believe me. This is addictive. In a bad way. Really. If you gonna proceed - you have been warned.

Comment

You only really have to be on the winning side. YOu don't ahve to win the BG yourself. Just spawn camp if your side is winning.

However, your last bit of advice is spot on. Don't even start, especially if you are the money spending type. Just don't. The way the game is heading right now, anyone who spends even 1 cent buying balens is out of his mind.

Comment

Originally posted by AdaJames View Post
            You only really have to be on the winning side. YOu don't ahve to win the BG yourself. Just spawn camp if your side is winning.
            I know. I was trying like month of a regular "-5min till the end" going to BG with a hope to drop at a winning side. But the wonderful matching system trolled me by constantly putting my alt on a losing side. So, I'm saying it is not easy.

Comment

I did it in 3 straight BGs. 1 of them was not even on attempt.

Comment

I would advise against camping. You're unlikely to get much honor from BG no matter what, and arena seems to actively punish lower level players for now.

Much more important are the events, which you can't always participate in if you're not high enough level. Holy forge being an obvious example.

Comment

Originally posted by AdaJames View Post
                  You can also skip all of the other sets and go straight for the L70 set
                  And exactly how is someone supposed to clear ll nm without any set?

Comment

Originally posted by SlowPlay View Post
                    by getting carried

Comment

For Class Advancement,

Lych's Liar NM: Get someone to help you pass it if you're low BR.
                      Tanks Victory: Coordinate with guildies to get into a "fixed" match where you can get the win.
                      Battle Grounds Victories: Gamble by taking advantage of the 5 minute AWOL timer. Remember, at the 24th minute will be the final time you can get into a set before the 5 min cutoff starts at minute 25. Usually, I had went in at 18 and 24 to look around and see if I will be winning the session. Do not think that you only have two attempts for today to do it. You can do BG without attempts as well and it will count towards the "win" counter. Once you find a place that you are going to win in (points wise), if you have more than 5 minutes left until the battle ends, you must go around and get into fights (or grab towers, cart). Once, you have less than 5 mins left, just sit back and let it go. In only a few hours, I got my 3 wins by doing this method.
                      Dark Dragon Lair: This one is on your own, so it's best to come back to it once you get your 70 set, so you can be ready to take on the 80's for the stones to get them to 80 (as you will need leg 70 eq). I went in when I was around 500k BR, and it was too easy, so 400k or even lesser (if on record) can take it on.

Until that time, you can do other things to boost up and level. Camping is no longer an option now that R2 went and done mucked it up. I would not hold my breath on saving gem related stuff as you only get 1 prize per day. Gold will be easy if you don't train mount, refine mount, upgrade sylph, enchant sylph until those events show up so you can get a better return along with gold -- mount refine event is the best since it gives you 200k for every 3 you used along with a free mount hoof to be used again. Invest your gold in what ever you see fit, any loose gold should be invested in animal stock (in farm) as they give full face value when sold.
                      Vicious! Approach with Caution!
                      Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
                      Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
                      Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

getting carried on a new server by other noobs ..

i would say dont get caught on any new server ..

Comment

Originally posted by demoniced View Post
                          Exactly my point.
                          So, you should rush. But after hitting 80, you will probably start grinding lvl 50 dungeon (to make a 50 level legendary gear, it is quite fast actually), and after that maybe lvl 70 dungeon (I believe, this is achievable, 'cause we completed it earlier similar way, but w/o sylphs and euds).

Comment

Originally posted by demoniced View Post
                            There is bound to be a whale or two around, even if they are just R2 plants.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowPlay View Post
                              Do normal until you get the set?

Comment

Working...
                              X