No announcement yet.

Why are knights so strong in this game?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are knights so strong in this game?

Kinda new to this game but ever so often there are cross server battles and knights seem to do so very well all the time. They are tanky, do super damage, build range crazy fast and have debuffs which may cause a champ to lose a turn etc. And who can not forget their godlike shields.

I really feel that the other classes fail in comparison to them especially at later levels in the game. Archers from my experience seem only good/great till lvl 40 then disappear without a trace after that. Unless you pump some serious rl money into an archer they will never be good enough.

Why not give them some buffs or nerf warriors? They are really good and i think a bit too good in this game.

lmao.... so you want the knight changed because you think they are too over powered ???

archers, built right, become lethal weapons from around level 45 onwards, and that is part of why they own the WB's at later levels... knights remain limited by the very skills that you are complaining about.... they become hard hitters and damage soakers, but they can lack the wide range of AOE skills of the archer and mage....and while their hits can be hard, its often cos other peoples PDEF, sucks badly....

I have been in parties of archers and mages that are level 35-40, that have destroyed level 45 knights with their level 45 gear... I, myself are a level 41 archer that can take out people that are up to level 48 cos they rushed the leveling, didn't plan ahead and thought that a higher level would mean that they own everybody and that having a credit card would make them invincible....

the formation and teamwork of a cross server arena party is the key to taking out most players, cos its all about teamwork and how well everybody created their ccharacters, used the gems and the academy and astrals.... something anybody can do without spending money

Comment

And i am asking you this question out of the 3 a fully geared knight/ archer or mage who wins 45+. Archers in this game suck so hard after lvl 45 its not even funny while knights start sucky early then **** 50+

Comment

Now people start to scream about how Knights are so strong~~ Lovely

But please remember that building a Knight takes more time than it does on an Archer and on a Mage. They paid the effort to get stronger, while Archers and Mages have it easy early on. For example, on the same Battle Rating, Archers and Mages do things quicker than Knights (remember Forgotten Catacombs?). So they grow slowly, while Archers and Mages have the upper hand on almost everything.

Isn't it fair for them to catch up? Concerning the head start for Mages and Archers, it'll be your fault if you can't out grow them on some aspects (gold gain~~, and again, Catacombs).

Oh right, and the Determination Astral is working properly now, Archers regained their rightful damage boost from critical hits. And now Mages have a total of 5 AoEs, makes it better for them . If only someone confirm the thing about 85% damage reduction...
        Last edited by DeathRiver; 11-22-2012, 07:40 AM. Reason: Wrong Astral name~~
        The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

because we are badd *** c:

Comment

Knights don't do enough dmg to compete with mages or archers, it needs to be adjusted upwards, to make WB's fairer. I'd accept a reduction in defence for greater hits. I'm a lvl45 knight in server 30 and I never see a knight in the top 10, so please don't winge that we are too strong, when in fact, we are the weediest choice you can make, our only saving grace is a good defence, which earns zero balen and gold against WB's.

Comment

Originally posted by deduneD View Post
              Knights don't do enough dmg to compete with mages or archers, it needs to be adjusted upwards, to make WB's fairer. I'd accept a reduction in defence for greater hits. I'm a lvl45 knight in server 30 and I never see a knight in the top 10, so please don't winge that we are too strong, when in fact, we are the weediest choice you can make, our only saving grace is a good defence, which earns zero balen and gold against WB's.
              You don't get how scary Knights are because you don't build them good enough, or it just that those Archers are cash players. You don't really compete with cash players.

{OuO**

Comment

Deathriver mages do not dominate early game except perhaps in arena and insignia is a joke with how quick we obtain it so it isn't so important anymore. Heck with guild wars we won our first 2 because the other guilds didn't show up at all and we got tons of honor and insignia. I have a 38 mage right now where the top player is 41 and we get crushed by archers in duels though the gap is beginning to close and I can beat archers who neglected mdef or are a fair bit lower in gear rating. We are rarely on the meter in world boss which is dominated by far with archers and we have a couple knights that have big wallets on there. In crypts with blitz now it doesn't matter much how long the fights are so we don't have that dominance anymore. Currently we have not begun to pull ahead of other classes in crypts though I hear we will as mdef is beginning to become necesary in the 40 levels (I am on 50 boss)

Comment

I would argue that if you spend 1k in balens for dual spec, mages are by far the most OP class in the game. They can go DEEP into cats at a VERY low level (38 when they get dual spec). Their natural mdef gives them the upper hand on the eye bosses, and their heals are bloody strong with high HP.

For example, i'm 20 levels ahead of everyone on the server in cats. A little has to do with skill, some luck, but mostly it's cause mage is bloody strong at cats. Because of the advantage i built up, i'm the R1 player on s56. (thanks to a bloody bug though giving 3 players 30m exp i've recently been challenged.)

Mages are hella strong.

Comment

We all know mages are strong in kats, but lets be realistic still a knight who takes his time to fully develop his character will be the most devastating things ever. It is hard to compete with cash players yet but iv been on servers with lvl 60+knights and they rule supreme. Archers are nowhere to be seen at those lvs.

Comment

Originally posted by kadrina View Post
                      Kinda new to this game but ever so often there are cross server battles and knights seem to do so very well all the time. They are tanky, do super damage, build range crazy fast and have debuffs which may cause a champ to lose a turn etc. And who can not forget their godlike shields.

I really feel that the other classes fail in comparison to them especially at later levels in the game. Archers from my experience seem only good/great till lvl 40 then disappear without a trace after that. Unless you pump some serious rl money into an archer they will never be good enough.

Why not give them some buffs or nerf warriors? They are really good and i think a bit too good in this game.

thanks but knights still sucks

Comment

Originally posted by DeathRiver View Post
                        Now people start to scream about how Knights are so strong~~ Lovely

But please remember that building a Knight takes more time than it does on an Archer and on a Mage. They paid the effort to get stronger, while Archers and Mages have it easy early on. For example, on the same Battle Rating, Archers and Mages do things quicker than Knights (remember Forgotten Catacombs?). So they grow slowly, while Archers and Mages have the upper hand on almost everything.

Isn't it fair for them to catch up? Concerning the head start for Mages and Archers, it'll be your fault if you can't out grow them on some aspects (gold gain~~, and again, Catacombs).

Oh right, and the Determination Astral is working properly now, Archers regained their rightful damage boost from critical hits. And now Mages have a total of 5 AoEs, makes it better for them . If only someone confirm the thing about 85% damage reduction...

LOL'ing right off the server now. FINALLY A THREAD ABOUT KNIGHTS BEING OP!!! Yea Deathriver is right in this. Knights have to sit there and stand idly by while archers dominate early game and then the mages step up about mid game. We have to watch archers typically dominate WB and mages dominate catacombs. I don't want to hear from anyone how easy the catacomb is for knights because it isn't. I believe someone said with the blitz's the time doesn't matter in cata anymore...time never mattered. Didn't matter if it took you 4 hrs to get to lvl 100 in the cata or if it took 2 hrs to get to lvl 70. The player who goes deeper gets more rewards. The mage and archer gets deeper in the catacombs which typically means they will level just a tad faster than us knights. A knight with the right build is SCARY. We dominate most things because we have to sit by and listen to other players tell us how bad we are...who's bad now?
                        Yitien:

Class: Assassin lvl 78
                        BR: 67K
                        Server: Qianfo Hall

Comment

Knight not very strong, but they have a lot of health and high defense make them survive longer.
                          ▂ ▄ ▅ ▇ █ ♪♫♥ MUSIC IS MY LIFE ♥♪♫ █ ▇ ▆ ▄ ▂

✯Take That✯ 'Rule The World [HQ]' (っ◕‿◕)っ♥ ☜(ˆ▽ˆ)

✯David Cook✯ 'Laying Me Low' ٩(●̮̃•)۶ (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

✯Lana Del Rey✯ 'Young & Beautiful' (>‿â—*)✌ ♥(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

----------------(\_/)
                          -(\(\----------(≧◡≦)
                          ( =':')---<[:]|||||||[:]>
                          (..(")(")✿❀❁(")(")

Comment

Originally posted by JohnNguyen View Post
                            Knight not very strong, but they have a lot of health and high defense make them survive longer.
                            You clearly haven't played this game for long

Wanna see real monsters? Go to S1 or S3, the Knights over there will step on you like a little bug.

{OuO**

Comment

Didn't need to go that far... already get some.

Knight can reflect attack, not including regen hp at the same time when their lvl high enough.
                              Including their def and hp, they'll be one hell to kill. Hit them 2k, reflect got 1-1.5k, and they regen almost 1.5k. Even with mage healing skill alraedy max up, it still hard to catch up.
                              Build knight at the right way and that knight will be superior.
                              S24 - Reaper's Illusion
                              IGN - Vein

Comment

Working...
                              X