Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the leader of the dungeon has been kicked !!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the leader of the dungeon has been kicked !!!

this is what happen ,i was the leader of the room for lych's lair nm dungeon i press the start button, it gave me this message in the chat :
    (info ) intered lych's laire dungeon.you have 0/1 muti dungeon attempts available

but i was still in the room and it was still loading then , i entered the dungeon but it was still loading and the screen was black but i could see hot events and so ...
    then i got that in chat : (info) you recieved 77,760 exp
    as the 3 other players killed the small monsters
    the next second i found my self out the dungeon
    but my friends recieved this mesage : (info) (my in game name ) has left the dungeon <-- which of course i didnt ,the room kicked me ,i ,ean there is a bug
    im not the first player who happen to him , afriend of mine happen to him the same thing and he thought that we kicked him
    i had to pm the 3 players to let them know that i didnt left them and it was a bug
    if i wasnt the leader of the dungeon i would have thought that the leader kicked me but in my case that can't happen cuz im the leader

so i lost my attempt for the day im not asking for compansasion cuz ik i'll wast my time and you won't give me any thing
    i just hope that don't happen to me a gain plz fix the bug, i told you the best describe i can give for the bug in order to be able to know exactly where is the issue to fix it

they came they were there they didn't hesitat ))

It's a bug from 3 years ago so essentially "keep dreaming"
    If you lag, don't be room leader, that's the most help you'll get as far as being auto kicked goes.

Comment

Were you lagging any when this occurred? Were you loading anything flash heavy, other them the game? Were you trying to do downloads or streaming any video/media? Sometimes when things like this are meddling with whats happening in the game this can possibly occur. I've had it happen to me once or twice before and from what I can remember and have learned from other mentors this can sometimes, but is not always inclusive, to the issue.

Can you tell us what was happening at the time so we can try to help figure out why this happened for you?
      Always.. Always.. Always be yourself.. unless you can be BATMENTOR! Then always be BATMENTOR muahahahahahahah! (PS: BATMENTOR has Batcupcakes, Batcookies, and Batcake. PS: they just gave me a BatPizza Oven *WOOHOO!*) Bugs can be reported here. Please Read the new format. Check out the Support Page.

Comment

mentor magick ,
        no i wasnt downloading anything , i was opening facebook and a guid site for wartune that's all
        i understand what you mean , you mean that the room kicked me cuz of the lag and you think what caused the lag was me cuz i was downloading /loading things or such <--well that's right the lag is what it caused that to happen but im not reposable for the lag
        the game lags most of the time and the lag are not cuz of my labtob or net speed cuz i play the arab version of this game and it never lag with me
        they came they were there they didn't hesitat ))

Comment

Originally posted by Mentor_Magik View Post
          Were you lagging any when this occurred? Were you loading anything flash heavy, other them the game? Were you trying to do downloads or streaming any video/media? Sometimes when things like this are meddling with whats happening in the game this can possibly occur. I've had it happen to me once or twice before and from what I can remember and have learned from other mentors this can sometimes, but is not always inclusive, to the issue.

Can you tell us what was happening at the time so we can try to help figure out why this happened for you?
          Are you admitting that your servers are in need of an overhaul and therefore could not handle our speeds (many are doing from 10-100 MBPs)?
          Vicious! Approach with Caution!
          Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
          Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
          Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

It has very simple explanation:

While your MPD is loading content, on each newly downloaded file is scheduled JavaScript logging that slows all. And as Flash has some timeouts preventing the disconnection, the overhead by JavaScript caused Flash to think you are disconnected. Usually it is accompanied also with 408 error as proxy awaits your response, but JavaScript blocked also the requests until they finish the jQuery.js report.

We are talking about such error for 6 months and result: More and more logging and memory hogs from JavaScript coders, that are proud about their work, and do not care about rest of the world.

R2 always puts coders first.
            Last edited by P-J-J; 11-16-2015, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by P-J-J View Post
              While your MPD is loading content, on each newly downloaded file is scheduled JavaScript logging that slows all. And as Flash has some timeouts preventing the disconnection, the overhead by JavaScript caused Flash to think you are disconnected. Usually it is accompanied also with 408 error as proxy awaits your response, but JavaScript blocked also the requests until they finish the jQuery.js report.
              Has nothing to do with JavaScript, same thing happens when you use mini client. It's been happening since the beginning, and they didn't have any special JavaScript back then.
              This happens when you fail load a crucial file that is needed for the MPD you just entered, then you get stuck in loading and after a while get thrown out.

Comment

Originally posted by jiji001 View Post
                Has nothing to do with JavaScript, same thing happens when you use mini client. It's been happening since the beginning, and they didn't have any special JavaScript back then.
                This happens when you fail load a crucial file that is needed for the MPD you just entered, then you get stuck in loading and after a while get thrown out.
                Please open the debug mode or logging of your mini-client:

1) JavaScript is present
                2) The 408 as well (until R2Games add more proxies to the farms)

We all see the loading Wartune logo (in reality very memory consuming) - this pops 1st log
                Then it should start the animation of the screen, another log
                But: It also subtract your attempts and send text to chat
                While still loading you will see 404 (proxy not ready) 1-2 times (all again logged and this time also summarized, which mean invocation of jQuery.js), then you will see 408 after which the client thinks you are outside.

So:
                1) No ACID behaviour of Flash code = 7road.com issue
                2) Extension of timeouts by excessive logging = r2Games issue
                3) bad aggregation on proxy level = r2Games/cloud provider issue

Comment

You almost make it sound like you know what you are talking about.
                  In plain English, you will get stuck if any of the needed files don't get loaded, be it bad/slow connection, overload on the servers, whatever, If any of the files is missing the game gets stuck loading and after a while you get thrown out.

You don't have to type all that 404 stuff to explain it, unless you trying to over value yourself, please don't.

Comment

One thing is to know what is behind (F12 and FW logging mode), the other thing is to know how to avoid it:

1) Block JavaScript except game.js (helps a lot)
                    2) ping to real proxy server (you will find it using netstat command) to make connection alive (some browsers do this automatically by HTTP keep alive)
                    3) Carefully cope with browser cache, sometimes is good to have it clean, but not in the MPD (I usually enter without attempt before constructing team to preload cache).

Comment

Originally posted by jiji001 View Post
                      You almost make it sound like you know what you are talking about.
                      In plain English, you will get stuck if any of the needed files don't get loaded, be it bad/slow connection, overload on the servers, whatever, If any of the files is missing the game gets stuck loading and after a while you get thrown out.

You don't have to type all that 404 stuff to explain it, unless you trying to over value yourself, please don't.
                      The bug is not that sometimes files will fail to load or load very slowly. That's pretty much unavoidable in the general case. The bug is that the room leader, and only the room leader, will be kicked out and lose the attempt if they run into any hiccup in loading the dungeon.

One of my regular team kept having that problem, until we made sure he was never the room leader. Then, it was just a matter of waiting the extra minute for him to get in. This was years ago, so it's not a recent development, like Wraithraiser said.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
                        The bug is not that sometimes files will fail to load or load very slowly. That's pretty much unavoidable in the general case. The bug is that the room leader, and only the room leader, will be kicked out and lose the attempt if they run into any hiccup in loading the dungeon.

One of my regular team kept having that problem, until we made sure he was never the room leader. Then, it was just a matter of waiting the extra minute for him to get in. This was years ago, so it's not a recent development, like Wraithraiser said.
                        Exactly, the issue is here long time, we had similar solution to the problem, the member (even not the leader upon agreement) had issue loading in Nirvana even if he was invited, so we wait with first minion battle until he moved (which can be 30s - 1 minute after we all entered), sometimes he had black screen.

But recently the same issue I start to get as well, so I dived deeper. After I blocked the JavaScript it disappeared.
                        The root cause is the non-ACID behaviour of the Flash code (it should either get you in, or not but return the attempt) and huge processing that is needed upon entry to the dungeon (the load of files is only peanuts as every member has to load them). Unfortunately our lovely R2games JavaScript coders added additional processing that steal CPU and RAM at the same moment. So if Flash is overloaded, JavaScript only assure it. So another solution is to have enough spare RAM and fast CPU (brute force solution).

R2Support still has not caught that they should recommend workaround, they only ask for picture/video and then they forward it to black hole (14 days later they close the ticket without solution). So instead of recording video on each entry (and praying for the issue - strange isn't it?), I rather recorded the session and ... they asked for video

Comment

P-J-J,

Can you make a guide on how to block certain pesky items (Javascript, Google Analytics, etc., along with screen shots if possible) so that people can try to enjoy the game again?

Note: I can only do so much, so I am not an expert.
                          Vicious! Approach with Caution!
                          Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
                          Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
                          Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Working...
                          X