Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Forum PMs and Mail

Due to an error in the current version of vBulletin, most are experiencing errors with the private messaging system. Please do not send moderators private messages for assistance at this time. If you have an issue that requires privacy, let us know in your new post or thread and we will work with you to find another option. Thanks - The Moderation Team.
2 of 2 < >

R2 LOGIN ISSUES

For recent R2 login issues, please log in through the website starting with "https": https://www.r2games.com. In addition, the bookmark of the saved URL may still contain the word "http", please change it to "https". If this does not work for you, please clear the cache and cookies to complete the most recent update, or try again with another browser. Thank you.
See more
See less

Showing Who Gives Out Reputation in Reputation Notifications

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Showing Who Gives Out Reputation in Reputation Notifications

    Hardly I would take a look into this section, but when I do, I see many comments that are either great (kudos to those that give) or just utterly tasteless. Some will leave their names in their messages, others don't even have the gonads since they like to troll about things. And since I cannot trace back the nameless ones to laugh about it, I was wondering if R2 would help me out in putting the originator's name when we get a reputation from now on.
    Vicious! Approach with Caution!
    Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
    Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
    Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

  • #2
    here have a +1 who give a r2 monkeys poo hole holder about the rep system anyhow .. dont give me a + back i collect it 3 red bars i hope

    Comment


    • #3
      "You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Meikura001 again"

      I don't sign mine because I don't want to say "2111something," but I like to uprate most good comments that shows the game does not deserve too much respect. ... and that's a little habit I picked up once I got tired of seeing "You must spread some reputation around before ..."

      Also, demoniced, did you know your account said "banned" recently?

      Comment


      • #4
        Oh, I can stay on here and read comments all day and try to make a conclusion on who's the ball-less idiot (or idiots) that have been sending some nasty messages, just by reading the posts. Unfortunately, R2 probably won't do anything since a name isn't tagged on to the messages.
        Vicious! Approach with Caution!
        Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
        Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
        Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

        Comment


        • #5
          Think the whole idea behind giving rep is that people can do it without giving their names, especially red rep. People get so angry at getting a little red comment at times.

          Comment


          • #6
            As I previously opened this theme, I found that the system has following drawbacks:

            1) Anonymous reviews - many comments I got does not relate to the referred article, or "." comments or taboo words => simply it indicate somebody wanted to post me negative review, but is not able to express why
            2) Numbering scheme - people have unequal power based on their literacy (therefore people who write "me too", "I do not have such issue", "please send picture" ... has higher value even their posts are not valuable at all), so many people avoided it by creating additional characters => better it will be to have equal rights, I always have issue with people that have higher power, especially as "smart" people reduce your ranking by adding negative review (with "." of course, as it indicates other reason).
            3) Repeating evaluation - protection against evaluation of the same people by asking you to add comments somewhere sometimes create evaluations only for evaluations => again not consistent, better it will be to have counting total feeling (several +1 from same person = +1 only, several -1 = -1 only, mix of +1/-1 = 0)

            So having comments non-anonymous, equal strength and 1 value per person will be more objective.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by JkLoser87 View Post
              People get so angry at getting a little red comment at times.
              NOTE: I know the following does not apply to JKLoser87

              The times when I get angry: someone(s) has been down-voting opinions and personal recommendations, making comments about being wrong. It shows a complete ignorance of the concept of forums. ... If I am wrong, reply in the forum and tell everyone, duh. If you know I am not "wrong," but only different, then those redvotes only show a desire to anonymously and privately attack people who are different. That reeks of the superhero-delusion which says "I am here to bring justice for the wronged."

              Comment


              • #8
                Oh, I don't care about getting a red or green rep. That's not the issue. The issue is when people either troll or insult others anonymously with the messages that followed without any consequence.
                Vicious! Approach with Caution!
                Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
                Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
                Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
                  Hardly I would take a look into this section, but when I do, I see many comments that are either great (kudos to those that give) or just utterly tasteless. Some will leave their names in their messages, others don't even have the gonads since they like to troll about things. And since I cannot trace back the nameless ones to laugh about it, I was wondering if R2 would help me out in putting the originator's name when we get a reputation from now on.
                  I disapproved this post. Also sent you a message that you should stop whining about reputation since it doesn't matter. Now you know who I am and what I sent. Feel better?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    haters gonna hate

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Astroglide View Post
                      I disapproved this post. Also sent you a message that you should stop whining about reputation since it doesn't matter. Now you know who I am and what I sent. Feel better?
                      Funny thing is that as you do not have enough posts, your rating is neutral ...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Astroglide View Post
                        I disapproved this post. Also sent you a message that you should stop whining about reputation since it doesn't matter. Now you know who I am and what I sent. Feel better?
                        Reputation DOES matter. Once your rep reaches a certain red threshold, you can't post anymore.

                        Also, as soon as you reach the grey area, you can't give reputation anymore. In other words, if you enter a "repu war" with someone, whoever reaches grey first will lose and will get eventually banned. Takes a lot of time, but it is possible.
                        My blog about how to build the strongest character in Wartune using a minimum amount of balens:

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Fherlayt View Post
                          Reputation DOES matter. Once your rep reaches a certain red threshold, you can't post anymore.

                          Also, as soon as you reach the grey area, you can't give reputation anymore. In other words, if you enter a "repu war" with someone, whoever reaches grey first will lose and will get eventually banned. Takes a lot of time, but it is possible.
                          Yet extremely unlikely. Not even the biggest trolls on the forum were even close to that threshold. And if the forum admin gets wind of any abuse in repping, he'll deliver swift judgement to those responsible. That includes harassment and insults, btw. So if anyone is being harassed or insulted by the rep they received, you can PM MemoryLane. Just keep in mind that people are allowed to voice their disagreement.
                          "The trolls of the Ramtops call her Aaoograha hoa ("She Who Must Be Avoided")
                          and the dwarf name for her, K'ez'rek d'b'duz, translates to "Go Around the Other Side of the Mountain."



                          On holiday. Please refer any issues to

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by EsmeWeatherwax View Post
                            Yet extremely unlikely. Not even the biggest trolls on the forum were even close to that threshold. And if the forum admin gets wind of any abuse in repping, he'll deliver swift judgement to those responsible. That includes harassment and insults, btw. So if anyone is being harassed or insulted by the rep they received, you can PM MemoryLane. Just keep in mind that people are allowed to voice their disagreement.
                            All that MemoryLane did with the taboo words in the text: They arranged that they are now turned to **** before saving like other insults in the normal article text.

                            So there are no more insults

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Astroglide View Post
                              I disapproved this post. Also sent you a message that you should stop whining about reputation since it doesn't matter. Now you know who I am and what I sent. Feel better?
                              Kindly read my posts again. Nowhere did I say that getting a green or red rep would be something I would be "whining" about. However, I am sure people can leave their feedback in the most civilized way without the trolling and insulting, and that's the problem I am having with people who choose nothing more than to go that route behind a computer screen thinking nothing will be done. Now, I don't check that very often, but when I do go into the settings, those pop up right in front of me.

                              Okay, so you took responsibility for one notification, but you would not be the one who send a crude remark on another, now would ya?
                              Vicious! Approach with Caution!
                              Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
                              Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
                              Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X