Critical and Block ????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Critical and Block ????

Im sorry, i noticed something weird When i Slotted my Crit astral though im a Knight it seems that my Blocks getting pretty often, My question is Does Critical really help Blocking percentages or not? or after i slotted it in my luck just raised ? ^_^

need GM help in here please to clarify this lets just say "weirdness/Coincidence"
    or a player with some experiences in Critical and Block and when i said this i referring to ALL KNIGHT ONLY (or a non-Knight with High level Crit and Block that have tested it)

Thanks

*Note did you know that though only this 2 stats really could only be supported by Gems and Astral Only because i never seen anything that boost Critical and Blocks from other things, if you have another way to boost this 2 stats please make sure to comment THX
    Giggle100x

Equips sometimes give crit and block. A lot of mine gave both at the same time.
    IGN: Aexon
    Level: 46
    Class: Knight
    Server: 49 Rift of Aklorn
    Guild: Pwnanza - Guild Master

Comment

ah the attributes.... i forgot okay thanks (i will seek block at every single of them),Thx but that still didn't resolved my previous question does anyone know for sure that Critical helps Blocking or not?

Thx again
      Giggle100x

Comment

I'd love this clarified aswell. Does Crit stand for the Max. Critical damage done or does Crit stand for crit chance (crit chance % or Crit dmg increase?). If so, what may be for example 1000 crit in percentage?
        Is block the chance for Block in some sort of value or is Block the shield value that you get through some low chance % (meaning Block Chance or Block Shield HP) ?

Not quite sane.

S-75 Inmate
        S-55 Donea

Comment

At the moment there is no way to permanent boost Critical rate. However there are scrolls which can increase your critical rate with 5% for 30 minutes (Obtainable from Guild Altar).
          Every Critical gem you socket into your gear will increase your Max Critical Damage. The astral which gives you Critical Damage enters in the same category.
          Last edited by TheAngelito; 11-25-2012, 03:02 PM.

Feel free to join

Comment

Thanks! That is exactly what I wished to know. There are so many players out there claiming the amount of critical in your stats determines your chance for a critical strike, aka the frequency of you pulling it off. As in 1k crit or so equaling a certain percentage. Now it's clear and makes me doubt about having any crit increase in stats for my mage. Now, could you kindly clarify the Block bit for us ? (Ive searched the forum and the opinions for it were rather unclear)

Not quite sane.

S-75 Inmate
            S-55 Donea

Comment

dont know 4 this, how ever, Crit increases Crit chance not Crit DMG, astral Base Crit Dmg % will boost your Crit DMG by that %

Comment

that is weird about what yoiu where saying

Comment

Originally posted by PokemaniaX View Post
                  Thanks! That is exactly what I wished to know. There are so many players out there claiming the amount of critical in your stats determines your chance for a critical strike, aka the frequency of you pulling it off. As in 1k crit or so equaling a certain percentage. Now it's clear and makes me doubt about having any crit increase in stats for my mage. Now, could you kindly clarify the Block bit for us ? (Ive searched the forum and the opinions for it were rather unclear)
                  Block = Dodge

Unlike the critical Dodge rate can be increased. The Astral Enhanced Illusion increases the dodge rate (+2 % at level 1). However the gems will decrease the value of the damage received when Dodge will interfere but they will not modify the rate.

Feel free to join

Comment

So the amount of Block stats you have in attribudes stands for the "shield" effect and how much dmg it could withstand rather than how often the dodge effect could occur. So its Dodge Amount rather than chance, same as with critical stat. I guess I got it right now, thank you!

Not quite sane.

S-75 Inmate
                    S-55 Donea

Comment

Got it, so just stack attack and defense and dont worry about confusing stats that no one really knows what they do. I mean astrals impact the rate, but gems impact how much...sure that seems like common sense stuff. Fun game, but the mechanics are clear as mud. Like cast times...I mean why go for big attacks when they let your opponent attack you twice before it goes off...makes no sense.

And for the record enhanced illusion does not increase the dodge rate, it give you a small chance to take only 1 damage from the attack. Completely different than a normal dodge.

Comment

Oh, and if the critical strike astral increases the damage a critical strike does why in the world is there another astral that increases the amount of damage a critical strike does? Clearly one impacts the rate of critical strikes the other the damage....or are determination and sniper the exact same thing?

Comment

Originally posted by TheAngelito View Post
                          Block = Dodge

Unlike the critical Dodge rate can be increased. The Astral Enhanced Illusion increases the dodge rate (+2 % at level 1). However the gems will decrease the value of the damage received when Dodge will interfere but they will not modify the rate.
                          That's a diff type of dodge, not having anything to do with block lol, you sure you a Mod? that being said, perhaps it is the astral itself that is bugged, of only reducing dmg to 1, and should simply be applied to block dodge just how crit base is added to crit, should have GM's take a look at it ^^
                          'Cuz I'ma CandyMan~
                          ☣CAIN☣

Comment

Angelito so sniper edge dont increase crit?

Comment

pronab , the dodge thing is coming from single astral (any Enshieldment right?) but sometimes when i use Enshieldment and Illusion it went like this( 1 damage Dodge[color=Blue]) is that stacking between the illusion with the enshieldment or something else and to be more confused sometimes (when i fought against archer especially with their MS) i got Ex: 2424 (color = Bright red) and Dodge texted below it (color = blue) how is that happened?

thanks
                              Giggle100x

Comment

Working...
                              X