Defend Sylph Atoll Event

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defend Sylph Atoll Event

Please... please change this somehow. I am so tired of killing like 50 advanced and 30 sophisticated (only get rewards for 20 adv. and 10 sop.) to trigger boss repeatedly just for someone that has killed maybe 1 or 2 to pop in and take boss then leave. Make boss spawn every 5 mins or require that you have killed 20 advanced and 10 sophisticated to attack boss. This event is too time consuming as it is and when people steal boss you spent 20 mins killing solo to spawn.. its just dumb.

Can support this..+1 hasn't happened to me... yet, but can imagine how annoying it would be.

Comment

I agree, I try to get everyone who's working on it to join a group so we all get the rewards, but there's always someone who will jump on the boss solo and steal it. Plus it spawns randomly and doesn't show up on the minimap until after someone's already fighting it.

I don't even bother with trying to find the boss any more, and rarely go to kill the advanced/sophisticated ones, since the rewards are pretty pathetic.

What could help a lot is having a confirmation dialog, like in wilds bosses, so you can sit on top of the boss while you collect a team. That would still depend on people not being jerks, but if you can lock it down to prevent someone else from jumping in ahead of you, that would remove a lot of the motivation to just attack immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
        I agree, I try to get everyone who's working on it to join a group so we all get the rewards, but there's always someone who will jump on the boss solo and steal it. Plus it spawns randomly and doesn't show up on the minimap until after someone's already fighting it.

I don't even bother with trying to find the boss any more, and rarely go to kill the advanced/sophisticated ones, since the rewards are pretty pathetic.

What could help a lot is having a confirmation dialog, like in wilds bosses, so you can sit on top of the boss while you collect a team. That would still depend on people not being jerks, but if you can lock it down to prevent someone else from jumping in ahead of you, that would remove a lot of the motivation to just attack immediately.
        It shows up on the map, but after the "Boss has spawned" message, seen a lot of people complaining cause they open map when it does that "Foolish Human blah blah" message. And depending on which map sometimes it's in a corner where you can't even really see it that well unless you pay super close attention.

Forming a group is maybe an ideal solution but since a lot of servers/guilds do not get along well and more so in those situations someone would not want to risk having a boss stolen from them in front of them cause they decided to wait and try to get a group...

System should be changed back to at least a part of what old AB was like.

Comment

Working...
        X