Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Someone Explain This to Me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone Explain This to Me

A few years back when I first played wartune, I put 300$ into the game within the first month because the game was actually fun. Group arena's didn't make you fight people infinitely stronger than yourself from 100 worlds earlier. Battlegrounds were all within your own world, you didn't have to deal with impossible fights against people from 100 worlds earlier.

Cross-world events are the entire reason I refuse to play this game, it ruins so many events that could be way more fun and competitive.

Please explain to me the logic behind this. If they're going to do cross-world events, why don't they limit it to worlds that were created at similar times, like world 600 with world 601. Why in the world would they cross realm worlds like world 600 with world 500.

Until they get rid of this kind of unbalance, I'll never return to this game, I've been gone for 3 years, and it's sad, because this used to be an incredibly fun game.

Because they believe in generics when they made stuff like this not knowing the impact it will bring (both player base and connections-wise) in crippling a game that we all used to enjoy. Plus, they have no clear concept on what "matching" totally is, so we wind up watching the message while we wait.

Since the latest patch, attendance for cross-server events like arenas and battlegrounds are close to nil. Not many people on my server are doing them, and I haven't seen much of the closer servers on most of my fights (it's always the 800k+ one shot hitting 3+Mil BRs that we always get). I mean, what's the point in doing those things if you are not going to get satisfaction, incentive, or something in return when doing them?
    Vicious! Approach with Caution!
    Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
    Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
    Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

But that's what I don't understand.

On every perspective imaginable, cross-realm events are a bad idea.

- Bad for connections and lag
      - Bad for game balancing
      - Bad for profit (I'm a perfect example, I was going to start again and recharge 300-500 USD to play for the next 6 months or so, but because of how broken cross-realm events are, they just lost all of that money and a dedicated player, and I can't be the only one)
      - Bad for the community, if cashers on new worlds have no hope of winning cross-realm events, and the majority of the playerbase are light cashers or free players, they're not going to stand a chance in hell at doing anything
      - Bad for social aspects, when a world is isolated and you're always doing all of the events with the same people in your world, it builds a foundation that you don't get when everything is cross-realm.

I mean really now, the simplest solution in the entire world:

Remove cross-realm events, make every event like it used to be, just between your own world, and when your world stabilizes, merge that world with the world that was created directly before or after it so that everyone is at a similar level of strength.

It's simple, it's cost effective, it makes everything more enjoyable, why in the world are they not doing this?

They can keep class wars or one major event that combines all the worlds, but leave everything else just between each individual world.

Whyyyy will they not do this, there is no down side and a million up sides xD

And if they're ABSOLUTELY adamant about keeping cross-realm, why not change it so that only 2-3 worlds are crossed with each other at a time. So world 600, 601 and 602 would be attached in cross realm content. Then world 603, 604 and 605 would be attached, etc. There are a million ways they could go about doing this that would be so much better.

It is beyond frustrating at how simple it would be to make this game 100x more enjoyable for the playerbase and probably make them even more money since people would actually want to play the game, it almost makes me feel like they're trying to sabotage Wartune for some reason. It makes me want to make my own damn browser game and do it right, bloody hell.
      Last edited by R26980467; 11-24-2015, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R26980467 View Post
        But that's what I don't understand.

On every perspective imaginable, cross-realm events are a bad idea.

- Bad for connections and lag
        - Bad for game balancing
        - Bad for profit (I'm a perfect example, I was going to start again and recharge 300-500 USD to play for the next 6 months or so, but because of how broken cross-realm events are, they just lost all of that money and a dedicated player, and I can't be the only one)
        - Bad for the community, if cashers on new worlds have no hope of winning cross-realm events, and the majority of the playerbase are light cashers or free players, they're not going to stand a chance in hell at doing anything
        - Bad for social aspects, when a world is isolated and you're always doing all of the events with the same people in your world, it builds a foundation that you don't get when everything is cross-realm.

I mean really now, the simplest solution in the entire world:

Remove cross-realm events, make every event like it used to be, just between your own world, and when your world stabilizes, merge that world with the world that was created directly before or after it so that everyone is at a similar level of strength.

It's simple, it's cost effective, it makes everything more enjoyable, why in the world are they not doing this?

They can keep class wars or one major event that combines all the worlds, but leave everything else just between each individual world.

Whyyyy will they not do this, there is no down side and a million up sides xD

And if they're ABSOLUTELY adamant about keeping cross-realm, why not change it so that only 2-3 worlds are crossed with each other at a time. So world 600, 601 and 602 would be attached in cross realm content. Then world 603, 604 and 605 would be attached, etc. There are a million ways they could go about doing this that would be so much better.

It is beyond frustrating at how simple it would be to make this game 100x more enjoyable for the playerbase and probably make them even more money since people would actually want to play the game, it almost makes me feel like they're trying to sabotage Wartune for some reason. It makes me want to make my own damn browser game and do it right, bloody hell.

They don`t care if players are getting slaughtered by people on servers months or yrs older than theirs. IN FACT I think this is exactly what they want.......Don`t want to be beaten by older players.......CASH CASH CASH until you can become competetive. Players may be happy or comfortable being top of the few servers they get grouped with so don`t cash much or only enough to stay top of their grouping. Put them in with everyone and they get slaughtered so in R2`s logic this is incentive to cash more to try and be competetive, when in actual fact it just disheartens players into quitting most of the time :/

Comment

actually, the problem is it is good for profit under this game model. I even hate to call it a game, because the design is about continuously adding new items to sell, then promoting a spending competition for top place(s).

Comment

Honestly, for a player in world 600+ to cash enough to play competitively against people who are years ahead of them, I can't even imagine how much that would cost. You could probably put a decent down payment if not more on a house before coming close to a fighting chance. I honestly can't imagine there are that many players not just willing, but capable of doing that. And is it really profitable between all the players that leave the game because of it vs the few players that try to stick it out?

I don't see it, but who knows, maybe it is, but it will lead to the death of this game as there will be no community left other than those mega cashers, and ultimately people will be spending insane amounts of money just to be on equal footing with no real advantage against other mega cashers with no one to admire them from below.

Comment

Only the suckers and fools that remain will cash. The rest of us (as already done) are moving to a new game without the shenanigans.

And even if I was cashing, I would not pay for a game that is a piece of <expletive> through incompetent programming. If I pay for something, I expect better.
              Vicious! Approach with Caution!
              Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
              Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
              Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Found any other good games to hop to Meikura? Save me a seat :P

Comment

Originally posted by R26980467 View Post
                  A few years back when I first played wartune, I put 300$ into the game within the first month because the game was actually fun. Group arena's didn't make you fight people infinitely stronger than yourself from 100 worlds earlier. Battlegrounds were all within your own world, you didn't have to deal with impossible fights against people from 100 worlds earlier.

Cross-world events are the entire reason I refuse to play this game, it ruins so many events that could be way more fun and competitive.

Please explain to me the logic behind this. If they're going to do cross-world events, why don't they limit it to worlds that were created at similar times, like world 600 with world 601. Why in the world would they cross realm worlds like world 600 with world 500.

Until they get rid of this kind of unbalance, I'll never return to this game, I've been gone for 3 years, and it's sad, because this used to be an incredibly fun game.
                  Fact is even if you fight worlds created at similar times you will come up against huge beasts you have no hope in hell of killing, cos every world has its share of cashers.
                  This will never be fixed because there is this need to satisfy the egos of the huge cashers and to somehow justify (to the casher) their spending. Image you had spent enough to feed a small family for a year, or to buy a large car... house, or boat etc. Would you want to only face people that had done the same? I doubt it. People pay to win, they dont pay to have their butts kicked by someone else who has spent the same as them.
                  If BG were to be BR matched instead of level matched (as I have long believed it should be) the big cashers wont be able to storm around the bg slaying people left and right, getting their egos petted. Instead they would have long drawn out battles with similar payers (not a typo, I didnt mean to type players) and their bg rewards would be reduced, they wouldnt be able to get a shiny new title telling everyone how many people they have killed etc. Some cashers might say they would prefer "challenging" battles, but I have my doubts as to how long they would endure this before they were in here moaning about BG matching lol.
                  all BG's till you reach lvl 80 should be matched based on level. Once you are lvl 80 there should (until the avg monster BR raises again) be an under 1m BG, a 1m - 2,999,999 BG and a 3m+ BG.
                  Dragon Awaken
                  Server: S9
                  Character: Raven

Comment

Only way it would work with br brackets, is if the brackets would overlap, making it still somewhat chance to get into strong or weak bracket.

If you have like 3m+ bracket, if I had 3,1m br, I would just remove my hp gems to pdef/mdef ones, and same on eudaemon, and all of a sudden I get to face people who can't scratch me really.

Example:
                    0-1.5m
                    1-2m
                    1.51-3m
                    2.1-3.5

and so forth. kinda like how the lower bg's have overlapping lv brackets. This way you can get into both matches where you are considered strong, and where you are considered weak.

Comment

Create a character on any random server and when he gets to level 30 do a world boss. But, only complete 1 round in the world boss. This will ensure that you are "last" in the rankings. When you are ported out of the event, you get a pop up message with your total gold/daru and ranking. I challenge anyone to find a server that has more than 100 players taking part in any given world boss. There are some servers that maybe in the high 70's. And on a lot of servers, (and I do mean a lot), the WB participation can be less than 50 players. A fairly good indication that most of the servers have a small active population. They broke the game and now it's too late to fix it. Game over.

Comment

Working...
                      X