Atoll deuls

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atoll deuls

Before it never been an issue, but now that the atoll boss has changed with the new patch, larger players are using duel to kick smaller player from atoll so that they may get the boss easier. This is way uncool and needs to be fixed, what can the smaller players do?
    before when a larger player won the duel they were kicked, why did this change?

never happend to me but cant you turn it of in settings?

Comment

Originally posted by Nescul View Post
      never happend to me but cant you turn it of in settings?
      the setting only turns off DUEL REQUESTS in CLOUD CITY. it does NOT affect sylph atoll, amethyst mines, & wilds.

Comment

Atoll PvP has always been like this since the beginning of sylphs. You can be attacked, and there's no setting to disable it. If you lose a fight in atoll, you are thrown out of it.

I very much agree atoll PvP is basically a senseless & boring feature that nobody enjoys or benefits from it. The loser is bullied & victimized, & the winner also has to waste time & probably lose their chance to kill the boss for engaging in battle when others hit the boss. Not to mention how much drama it has introduced. Atoll PvP should be gone like the other useless features in the game, or they should make atoll like amethyst mines, where there is a PvP-enabled area & a non-PvP area.

Atoll trolling/bullying used to be an issue when more players were present in atoll. There had been a huge amount of horrific drama on all 3 servers where I actively play. The only reason why this problem disappeared at some point was because mahras & sepulcrums became easier to get from other source so players did not need to kill sylph mobs in hope of getting a blue sylph or a few sepulcrums.

Now with this new design of atoll boss, where players/parties need compete for the boss (which is an entirely senseless design), this atoll trolling/bullying issue surfaces again, & in an even worse form. The WORSE thing is, there are some atoll trolls who deliberately wait for boss respawn & kill the boss even if they have no rewards attempt, which prevents everyone else from getting the boss. And because most of those trolls are alts of unknown owners, and because fighting an atoll boss or bullying other players for fun are part of game & not violation of any game rules, reporting them would yield no results at all, forcing the good citizens on the server to form cross-guild alliances against them. But doing so is extra work for everyone, and it wastes a lot of our limited time & resources. With the game being so time-consuming, & with so many unhappy players who pour their anger & frustration upon others, the good guys' job is extremely difficult & resource-demanding. I have been suggesting the weaker ones to team up with the stronger ones & always have an alt or a good helper around, who can keep the bullies & trolls busy so everyone else can do the activity normally. But again, this is much like guarding amethyst mines, it takes lots time & requires a lot of pointless fights where nobody gets anything for winning or losing. It's a lose-lose situation for everyone, including the trolls & bullies themselves.

Comment

I didn't know you can fight others in atoll. However, the layout does suck. It should be a boss for each participating team for the duration of the event. I hardly do it anyways.
          Vicious! Approach with Caution!
          Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
          Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
          Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
            I didn't know you can fight others in atoll. However, the layout does suck. It should be a boss for each participating team for the duration of the event. I hardly do it anyways.
            Atoll is not only PvP-enabled; the Attack item on the menu is right above the Party Invite item, which means a small misclick could end up fighting your invitee instead of inviting them to your party. It had happened before, and had been drama afterwards.

Comment

Well, you got me having a "devil" moment with that one. There are a few people on my list I would love to launch a rocket onto just for kicks (not to make it a permanent thing).
              Vicious! Approach with Caution!
              Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
              Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
              Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

err...plz don't increase my workload *sweats*

Comment

Working...
                X