WBs HP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AdaJames View Post
    You and that stupid "send us your screenshot from BEFORE 5.2 patch" kiwi mod give kiwis a bad name.
    I don't get this bit, however if you want pre 5.2 patch screen shots, a mate plays another game its wartunes that is always a few patches behind(with the trading on). He moved from Kabam/r2 about a year ago. I'll have him check that WB, see the difference. They are still pre Eudaemon. (oh in case your interested all the bugs and glitches are there too)

auto competition filter haha , you can fill in the stars.
    Last edited by Whakapono; 12-20-2015, 02:49 AM. Reason: forum rule #12

Comment

Originally posted by kiwifrogg View Post
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]155803[/ATTACH]

Programming and computers moved past 8bit years ago...... Did you notice the red square under your name in the left box says "AdaJames is probably not making post worth reading." when you hover over it? classic, you earned a troll box.
      Yep. I thought so. When faced with reality, the kiwi just refuses to acknowledge that he is wrong and goes on a flaming spree. Typical. There are good reasons why I will never hire kiwis to work for me. This is one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by AdaJames View Post
        Yep. I thought so. When faced with reality, the kiwi just refuses to acknowledge that he is wrong and goes on a flaming spree. Typical. There are good reasons why I will never hire kiwis to work for me. This is one of them.
        You are the one flaming, perhaps you need to check the meaning of that too, I've never been nasty or insulting to you at all..... even with your constant need to attack me. Plus I'm not the one with such a bad reputation that I've been given a red box.

There is also something that is a hardcoded limit within the variable that they use. Every variable has a bit limit. If they used int, for example, you have about an 8-bit limit. Long int is about 16, I think. It has been a while since I played with software programming. You go over that, you warp back to 0 and start over.

Besides what reality? you wrong, wartunes is not running on 8bit, a 8 bit int range is 0 to 255 or -127 to 127 depending if its signed or unsigned. Wartunes run on at least 32bit, a int32 uses 4 bytes per element, so the int32 range is -2147283648 to 2147483647 the current apparent max for wb hp is 1167717041(sorry that is 10 digits not 8 like I said above) still some wiggle room there without a stack overflow.edit Just to add if they used a unsigned int32 4294967295 would be the upper limit.

I'm always happy to say "sorry I got that wrong" when I am proved wrong, show me something tangible, proving your right and I'll do just that, you are yet to do so. Please try and be civil is all I ask.

Kiwi.
        Last edited by kiwifrogg; 12-19-2015, 05:26 AM.

Comment

I don't know. When I programmed long ago, I used to play with calculations and numbers. You can guess my age when I say that BASIC was popular back then. I remember playing with the numbers until I get an error that prevented the program from running any further. It was a trip at the time. Fast-forward to the late '90s when I played with Excel and formulas that, even though it was a step up from BASIC's programming schema, punching further would also spell error codes (and I judge anything that is shown with an "E" along with a string of numbers as an exceeding the limit error) that had me laughing.

Now, I haven't done much programming other than making little GUI based apps through Visual Studio (haven't programmed since BASIC died when 95 came out), but I do know about stack overflows and exceeding the point where the program will stop running until attention is needed. As I have stated before, and I will say again, they must have put in their limit because they didn't want it to go out of control to the point tickets will come pouring in on certain servers just because the game crashed on them. If you haven't noticed, everything is pretty much generic (ToK set ups, cross server matchings, battle grounds, etc.). Of course, they (R2) could take a little time to program each cluster and aspect of the game to really match with what a server's advancement be (to include WB), but we are talking about R2, the company that just throws in something and takes a holiday right after.
          Vicious! Approach with Caution!
          Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
          Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
          Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

[QUOTE=Meikura001;1481575]I don't know. When I programmed long ago, I used to play with calculations and numbers. You can guess my age when I say that BASIC was popular back then. I remember playing with the numbers until I get an error that prevented the program from running any further. It was a trip at the time. Fast-forward to the late '90s when I played with Excel and formulas that, even though it was a step up from BASIC's programming schema, punching further would also spell error codes (and I judge anything that is shown with an "E" along with a string of numbers as an exceeding the limit error) that had me laughing.QUOTE]

The "E + formula" is scientific notation for the same large number, so 100000000000 will come up as 1E+11 in excel even today(if the cell size is set too small), Its not a error however its like number shorthand .

I agree however Road 7 seam to hire interns to bash out new bits of code, then close for the year and let them all go.

Comment

[QUOTE=kiwifrogg;1481614]
              Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
              I don't know. When I programmed long ago, I used to play with calculations and numbers. You can guess my age when I say that BASIC was popular back then. I remember playing with the numbers until I get an error that prevented the program from running any further. It was a trip at the time. Fast-forward to the late '90s when I played with Excel and formulas that, even though it was a step up from BASIC's programming schema, punching further would also spell error codes (and I judge anything that is shown with an "E" along with a string of numbers as an exceeding the limit error) that had me laughing.QUOTE]

The "E + formula" is scientific notation for the same large number, so 100000000000 will come up as 1E+11 in excel even today(if the cell size is set too small), Its not a error however its like number shorthand .

I agree however Road 7 seam to hire interns to bash out new bits of code, then close for the year and let them all go.
              You just said it right out of the text book. Now my question would be how would others feel for seeing a world boss hp at 1E+11 instead of the integer as intended? They can't adjust the def or damage stats since people had always work on damaging more, so if they see a large drop in from the usual damage they do, they will spark a fire so big that it would be hard to extinguish. I didn't program their game, but the only reason I foresee why they put a limit is not to have it crash and making that event null and void for those in advanced servers.

I am thinking along the lines of making a rebirth based WB where the first form of it dies and then the next one comes right after, kinda like Nirvana's final boss. The kill is made on the 2nd form and is rewarded as such. Those who killed in mid battle will keep on fighting as the new form takes place until they are dead and sent back to the line. Of course, that will boil down to how R2 wants to go about this and to make it work.
              Vicious! Approach with Caution!
              Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
              Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
              Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

[QUOTE=Meikura001;1481711]
                Originally posted by kiwifrogg View Post
                You just said it right out of the text book. Now my question would be how would others feel for seeing a world boss hp at 1E+11 instead of the integer as intended? They can't adjust the def or damage stats since people had always work on damaging more, so if they see a large drop in from the usual damage they do, they will spark a fire so big that it would be hard to extinguish. I didn't program their game, but the only reason I foresee why they put a limit is not to have it crash and making that event null and void for those in advanced servers.

I am thinking along the lines of making a rebirth based WB where the first form of it dies and then the next one comes right after, kinda like Nirvana's final boss. The kill is made on the 2nd form and is rewarded as such. Those who killed in mid battle will keep on fighting as the new form takes place until they are dead and sent back to the line. Of course, that will boil down to how R2 wants to go about this and to make it work.

Well That sounds like a plan , you should post that as a fresh thread and see what people think.

Side note the current world bosses hp is an 10 digit number 1.17E+09, so if they were to up that to 2.1E+09 would show up as the number 2140000000 leaving 4mil still on the stack . Your idea would still net lots more gold .....

Comment

Just posted an idea somewhere else, that would reduce lag, reduce the need to be on specific times, and no need to program the boss for more health.

Basicly remove the world boss, add an mpd event dungeon, where 4 of your friends goes against the wb, 20min limit. Boss dies, you roll get some extra gold and you can collect more gold. and boss respawns. Would solve so many issue: Lag, people who can't make both or even 1 wb, no need to constant changing the wb hp every 3 month(which doesn't happen anyways). Would benefit most player I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by JkLoser87 View Post
                    Just posted an idea somewhere else, that would reduce lag, reduce the need to be on specific times, and no need to program the boss for more health.

Basicly remove the world boss, add an mpd event dungeon, where 4 of your friends goes against the wb, 20min limit. Boss dies, you roll get some extra gold and you can collect more gold. and boss respawns. Would solve so many issue: Lag, people who can't make both or even 1 wb, no need to constant changing the wb hp every 3 month(which doesn't happen anyways). Would benefit most player I believe.

thats very very nice idea, maybe even 15 min would work great.

Comment

Working...
                    X