No announcement yet.

Better keep a video recording when you are doing something important for event

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better keep a video recording when you are doing something important for event

Much as everyone said in this thread, synthesis/engulf events might have some glitch that erases the record of such activity, possibly a synchronization issue/race condition in logging qualifying activities for Hot Events. In short, we did the qualifying events but they had no record of it, and this could happen at any random time without any sign of abnormality. Because the problem happened randomly and inconsistently, it probably helps them identify the bug if they see the video recording of what happened. I'll start doing it today. Hopefully I don't need to submit any recordings, but if such need shall arise, I would have the video ready.

The original bug report thread: http://forum.r2games.com/showthread.php?191831

If we have to start making recordings of everything we do in this game, I think it is time to move on. Some things I can understand wanting a screenshot or video but they want a screenshot for the simplest thing. That just goes to show the people in charge of fixing stuff has no clue how this game works.

Comment

I rather be paid for the work I would put in if I have to be a "tester" instead of a "player".
      Vicious! Approach with Caution!
      Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
      Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
      Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

lol, really sad when players gotta record every step they make in game cause of the incompitent of the company.

Comment

Why doesn't support staff just do their job? Why in the world do I pay to play and still have to do their job for them? This is the only game I've ever seen that requires a screen shot for any simple bug. Do the moderators here actually play the game? How often does a bug strike and it's a minute or two later before a player realizes what has happened? If this game is a beta then why aren't they paying me to play? R2 get your support staff off their lazy butts already!

Comment

Originally posted by Astroglide View Post
            Why doesn't support staff just do their job? Why in the world do I pay to play and still have to do their job for them? This is the only game I've ever seen that requires a screen shot for any simple bug. Do the moderators here actually play the game? How often does a bug strike and it's a minute or two later before a player realizes what has happened? If this game is a beta then why aren't they paying me to play? R2 get your support staff off their lazy butts already!
            There are a million reasons for a bug to occur and recreating it is a damn hard job. Im sure you have no idea how programming works or how game developing works. Ive never EVER experienced a bug in that category to begin with. So instead of bashing the devs or support staff, why no follow what they ask you to do so the bug can be easily addressed and removed? You thing product testing is that easy job? I guess you havent tested anything in your life, but I wount go in details how its done. So paying a low-life pseudo gamer who things playing a beta game will make the company pay you for literally nothing, I guess you are one of those trolls in the web or the casual american gamer who thinks they are the best just because they pay money. Well good sir, let me tell you this - people like you with attitude like yours deserve such a service just because you have no idea how things work
            <Wartune>

Name: NightFer
            Server: S183
            Class: Mage
            Level: 80
            BR: 3mil+
            Guild: Fallen

Comment

Originally posted by NightFer View Post
              There are a million reasons for a bug to occur and recreating it is a damn hard job. Im sure you have no idea how programming works or how game developing works. Ive never EVER experienced a bug in that category to begin with. So instead of bashing the devs or support staff, why no follow what they ask you to do so the bug can be easily addressed and removed? You thing product testing is that easy job? I guess you havent tested anything in your life, but I wount go in details how its done. So paying a low-life pseudo gamer who things playing a beta game will make the company pay you for literally nothing, I guess you are one of those trolls in the web or the casual american gamer who thinks they are the best just because they pay money. Well good sir, let me tell you this - people like you with attitude like yours deserve such a service just because you have no idea how things work
              I've been admin on quite a few games that still exist and worked as a programmer for 15 years. Test servers exist for a reason in most games. I'm guessing you are a plant or alternate account of one of the moderators.

Comment

Originally posted by NightFer View Post
                NIghtFer, you are correct. Most of us know very little about programming a flash game. However, what we as consumers do expect: is an experience that we paid for. An experience the devs lure new people in with. Hey that's just business man. Maybe Flash games have run their course and send a bunch of us back to console, which have their own problems, but those companies seem to fix them within a week or so. Not 6-9-12 months that R2 takes. Their are many games out their that you buy for around $60 and spend maybe a few bills after that for a map. I'm really confused why R2 has about 6-9 months before all of this goes poof. And I will end this with this : Most of us don't program games. we pay you to do that.

Comment

As the game system might still be unstable, I'd suggest to take screenshots or videos of important items you own before every maintenance. I know...they are scattered all around and takes time to make, but it's probably better safe than sorry.

Comment

Working...
                  X