Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Tank Vs Crit Knight does it work?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tank Vs Crit Knight does it work?

As title says does krit Knight really work now days? If so any input would be great. Ty in asvance

The last really tank-focused knight I knew quit a year ago. And pretty much everyone is a crit knight, so I'm pretty confused by your question. With the current state of the game, going tank isn't really a great option for a knight (not enough mdef), and crit boosts your damage in pve so much, it's practically required.

Comment

Oh OK. Last time I played Tank was the way to go not Crit night. So rather than running wD I should run a Crit astral? Didn't think they are based off crit
      Last edited by R283229809; 12-11-2015, 02:54 AM.

Comment

nowadays basically EVERYONE is a crit tank regardless of class. always need crazy atk & hp for basically everything, and considerable def & resistances as well. pure tanks or pure hitters or pure healers can't get their job done and are less useful as a teammate, and most of the time you'd probably rather your eudaemon do the healing or cannon fodder job than wasting your teammate to do it any ways. and because the only combo atk gem you could get is atk+crit, you really have to use crit to get more atk, so the crit stat is always there, not using it is a total waste. not sure about your situation, but that holds for me as a 3.3m & 2.1m (quite a weakling as spender & not impressive as freebie, but never played at full throttle either).

Comment

To go crit, you mainly replace your EWD astral with a Determination. And then you need to boost your crit stat, which is highly dependent on your other stats, up to a point. No one's ever come up with a great ratio of crit to patk needed, but 20% of your patk in crit is a decent estimate when you're starting out. Once you hit 20k crit or so, there doesn't seem to be much benefit to adding more, no matter how high your patk gets, at least so far in my experience.

Comment

No one's ever come up with a great ratio of crit to patk needed
            Atk/Crit gems
            PvP Medal
            1-2 (if you feel you really need to) Crit refines on red gear.

Thats really all the crit you need for most everything (more than that gets hardcapped away by all your gold income sources anyway)

Comment

Working...
            X