Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Death for R2Games? Or do you have a plan?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death for R2Games? Or do you have a plan?

No.. I won't talk about boycott or bankruptcy or anything that involved any player.
    I am talking about their games are close to an end, as Adobe phasing out their Flash.

Is there any plan for R2 to migrate wartune to HTML5?

http://www.engadget.com/2015/12/01/a...ow-animate-cc/
    Given that Flash is widely considered an internet blight, it's hard to imagine a time when it was actually cool. But in the day, the app was the only way to make interesting animated pages, so it attracted top designers to its content creation tool, Flash Professional. Adobe has now officially ended that era by renaming Flash Professional to Adobe Animate CC. The company said that "over a third of all content created in Flash Professional today uses HTML5," so it is symbolically acknowledging the shift with the new name. The app will still support Flash output, of course, along with other video and animation formats, including 4K, HTML5 canvas and WebGL output.
    In case someone's wondering, Flash Profesional is NOT the flash player that you download nor install.. It is the tool that R2 and 7Road developers use to "create" wartune. Without Flash Profesional, they can't compile wartune code. So there is no correlation between Flash Professional and browser.
    Last edited by prd0000; 12-17-2015, 01:52 PM.

Flash will be in use still, doesnt means that flash will suddenly die.
    East coast archer.

Comment

There are too much flash apps. So the browser developers cant say they wont run flash. they can say, we wont support it, so you have to click enable first. So the widespread hatred vs flash will not be the end of r2games. the lags, bugs, and poor handling of crisises like the gem one now can be.

Comment

No. But the day when adobe removes flash player from their website is not far, since they removes their flash profesional. It simply means, they can't make swf files anymore. And after Adobe sees the demise, they will remove flash player too

Comment

Originally posted by Energizalo View Post
          There are too much flash apps. So the browser developers cant say they wont run flash. they can say, we wont support it, so you have to click enable first. So the widespread hatred vs flash will not be the end of r2games. the lags, bugs, and poor handling of crisises like the gem one now can be.
          Flash Professional is NOT for browsers. They are phasing out the software that makes SWF files that are executed by Flash Players in browsers. That means, no developers will be able to make flash codes. And that includes 7Road.

I am not talking about flash player here. I am talking about the software that makes flash that are being played by flash players
          Last edited by prd0000; 12-17-2015, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Any developer can still make flash programs. Just because flash development system is not sold anymore (which I seriously doubt) those who own it can continue using it Just because windows xp is discontinued, you can still use it.

Comment

Originally posted by prd0000 View Post
              No.. I won't talk about boycott or bankruptcy or anything that involved any player.
              I am talking about their games are close to an end, as Adobe phasing out their Flash.

Is there any plan for R2 to migrate wartune to HTML5?

http://www.engadget.com/2015/12/01/a...ow-animate-cc/

In case someone's wondering, Flash Profesional is NOT the flash player that you download nor install.. It is the tool that R2 and 7Road developers use to "create" wartune. Without Flash Profesional, they can't compile wartune code. So there is no correlation between Flash Professional and browser.
              Did everyone just miss this line from the article:
              The app will still support Flash output, of course

So not only is Flash not going away any time soon, developers can still use the latest development tool to create and update Flash.

Realistically, we're looking at 3+ years before Flash is officially removed from Adobe's tools, longer if demand keeps up, which it very likely might. So I'd think this game is a lot more likely to die out from other causes before the Flash thing even becomes a problem. This announcement is the beginning of the end for Flash, but definitely not the end.

Comment

This has been discussed:
                http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....=1#post1475218

Flash Pro is stand-alone. Dev can still use it without warranty. It'll just not continue to upgrade, and bugs in it will not be fixed.

Comment

my guess is HTML5 , seen some browser games already using it

Comment

Who cares about flash, they are killing their own game by disrespecting their players like this.
                    East coast archer.

Comment

Working...
                    X