X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imonseph
    started a topic Check-in against devotion

Check-in against devotion

for some reason, the devotion seems to be the main attention rather than check-in,
    now this happened, just forgot about checking in on other previous days when it should be the first thing to show up instead of devotion,
    after logging in. Thus I find it rather ridiculous, and hope it can be raised and fixed asap.

Click image for larger version

Name:	missedCheckIn.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	1779194

• Vroukarouk
    replied
    They should just make check in automatic for everyone. Removing the check-in screen on load up is an insult to free players. Devotion?! Really? Or combine the two pages, if you must. Or here's an idea; with the millions of useless pop up menus, why not have a check in reminder pop up?

Leave a comment:

• Meikura001
    replied
    Originally posted by AdaJames View Post
    The Dev list has some utility in that they mark out stuff you haven't done (e.g., card and wheel of fate, which I tend to forget).

To a VIP, the checkin page has zero utility.

Now, YOU might not care about spenders, but R2 does. It is their income stream, after all. From YOUR point of view, pandering to spenders is a bad thing because YOU don't get in on the action. From R2's point of view, pandering to the spenders is the right way to go because YOU don't give them anything.

In this case, from a business point of view, R2 is correct. There MUST be a reason for paying them money, and convenience is just about the only legitimate reason why you would pay an online game company money, even if the convenience is as small as this.

As I have said before, pillory R2 all you want. I'd probably join you. But let it be for a real reason. In this case, it is not justified pillorying R2 as what they did DOES make sense. However, the question is: Did they actually think that way and therefore implemented it the way they have, or was it just careless coincidence and a happy accident?
    I understand where you are coming from when it comes to VIP, however, the game isn't faring too well that people are either going to stop their VIP status or just don't want to spend on a game that is broken. Yes, I have the means to get VIP, but why would I want to do that on something that is overall broken, the rewards are skimped at whim, and the major bugs/lags aren't fixed. However, I enjoy the game because of the friends I keep. I cannot say it's mundane because there is always something to do to keep occupied at times.
    But as for the box programming, the devotion has a link along with a goal (your current devotion/devotion you need to get) right on the cool down list. VIP or not, I would use that as a guide, and if I need to see what needs to be done, I would just click on that link, thus making it redundant to have it when you log in, instead of the check in. But maybe it's something sinister and we might see another link removed from the cool down box as does the Sylph/Solo Arena ones (and man, do I hate having to walk in Cloud City to each one just to see how much time I have left before starting another battle).

Leave a comment:

• AdaJames
    replied
    Locks up your computer for a long time, though. I have other things to do on the comp than watch the astrals slowly accumulate.

Leave a comment:

• MsKink
    replied
    VIP4+. Need more than just VIP card.
    ah right. still, there's another way around the boredom of endless astral clicking hehe

by the way, note to JkLoser, vip = about 10$, for 900bbs ? hmm no ?

Leave a comment:

• AdaJames
    replied
    Originally posted by MsKink View Post
    save gold, use a 1 hour vip card, done deal.

vip is useless, totally, absolutely, worthless
    VIP4+. Need more than just VIP card.

Leave a comment:

• MsKink
    replied
    Not for those without maxed astrals.
    save gold, use a 1 hour vip card, done deal.

vip is useless, totally, absolutely, worthless

Leave a comment:

• AdaJames
    replied
    Originally posted by JkLoser87 View Post
    As of now, that's basicly the only reason to use vip(for guaranteed 900+bb per month). But is it worth 7 bucks cause I forgot? nah, also you can easily rack up a couple of k's in dims if you do them right(for the purpose).
    Not for those without maxed astrals.

Leave a comment:

• MsKink
    replied
    put on post-it on your desktop (you know, a real piece of paper stickied to your monitor frame) that says ''Check-In'' - You will never forget it ^^

Simple solution hehe

Leave a comment:

• JkLoser87
    replied
    As of now, that's basicly the only reason to use vip(for guaranteed 900+bb per month). But is it worth 7 bucks cause I forgot? nah, also you can easily rack up a couple of k's in dims if you do them right(for the purpose).

Leave a comment:

• AdaJames
    replied
    The Dev list has some utility in that they mark out stuff you haven't done (e.g., card and wheel of fate, which I tend to forget).

To a VIP, the checkin page has zero utility.

Now, YOU might not care about spenders, but R2 does. It is their income stream, after all. From YOUR point of view, pandering to spenders is a bad thing because YOU don't get in on the action. From R2's point of view, pandering to the spenders is the right way to go because YOU don't give them anything.

In this case, from a business point of view, R2 is correct. There MUST be a reason for paying them money, and convenience is just about the only legitimate reason why you would pay an online game company money, even if the convenience is as small as this.

As I have said before, pillory R2 all you want. I'd probably join you. But let it be for a real reason. In this case, it is not justified pillorying R2 as what they did DOES make sense. However, the question is: Did they actually think that way and therefore implemented it the way they have, or was it just careless coincidence and a happy accident?

Leave a comment:

• Meikura001
    replied
    Devotion is the main focus because VIPs get automatic check-in. They don't want to see that screen at all, really, and don't need to.
    We don't care about spenders because not everyone is a spender. Also Devotion has not been removed as does the Sylph/Solo Arenas from the cool down list, so anyone can just see if they are getting to the magic number or click on it to find out what they need. Hence why it's not that important or priority as Check-In, which is priority. Was before, and should have been always.

Leave a comment:

• AdaJames
    replied
    Devotion is the main focus because VIPs get automatic check-in. They don't want to see that screen at all, really, and don't need to.

Leave a comment:

• Zedd60
    replied
    Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
    Actually, they should need to relook into this and reprioritize the box to reflect the check in rather than devotion. Devotion should light up green when it needs to claim, hence is not that important or a priority to be shown first.

agree, this cost me 150bb's and whatever else day 10 comes with

Leave a comment:

• Meikura001
    replied
    Actually, they should need to relook into this and reprioritize the box to reflect the check in rather than devotion. Devotion should light up green when it needs to claim, hence is not that important or a priority to be shown first.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X