No announcement yet.

class action lawsiut

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well with their sneaky ways they can avoid anything, legally nothing will help.... but has anyone thought about Anonymus? I'm sure they could so something but doubt that would benefit players, also the question is would they be interested in this?

Comment

Originally posted by TolapPumj View Post

That will never happen. While I'm sure some players will try, the ToS allows the company to terminate your access to the game any time they want for whatever reason they feel necessary. The most players can do is file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, which really won't accomplish anything. The only other option is your state legislator, who can pass laws prohibiting these companies from keeping all of your money in the event that they wrongfully terminate your account with the burden of proof being on the company. Nevertheless, it still won't get you your money back after the fact.

I find it stupid how some of them are crying for a lawsuit yet they admit to exploiting the bug.

I disagree.
      Since blizzard has opened up case law with online/virtual case there is an opening to be in court and win. TOS is not the end all be all anymore.
      Of corse it would probably require a huge deal of money and I doubt enough casual cashers or free players will combine enough to even pay a lawyer to actually work on it.

I just do chargebacks and win everytime they screw up might not cover my time but the money coming back is satisfying enough.

Used to be r2 was so cupcake on service replys it made winning charge backs to easy, now they actually give back items and don't argue much.

Comment

just because there isn't really any law doesn't mean they are free to do what they want idc what the tos says the problem is having the money to sue and challenge them for whatever reason...........and Anonymous doesn't give a **** about R2 :P
        Well with their sneaky ways they can avoid anything, legally nothing will help.... but has anyone thought about Anonymus? I'm sure they could so something but doubt that would benefit players, also the question is would they be interested in this?
        Last edited by JackFrost1111111; 12-24-2015, 11:10 PM.

Comment

If you don't care, then go ahead and sue them. Stop whining about it here. Come back when you have a court result.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	1722562........
            Originally posted by AdaJames View Post
            If you don't care, then go ahead and sue them. Stop whining about it here. Come back when you have a court result.

Comment

Seriously? You guys have been going on about this for weeks. Go ahead and do it already, stop just talking about it. And stop spamming with your stupidity.

It has been explained many times that the ToS means you can't do squat and all you lot will say is "I don't care!", "It is wrong!", "It doesn't apply!", etc. Well, go ahead and prove it, you bunch of brick walls.

Comment

Seriously? You guys have been going on about this for weeks. Go ahead and do it already, stop just talking about it. And stop spamming with your stupidity.

It has been explained many times that the ToS means you can't do squat and all you lot will say is "I don't care!", "It is wrong!", "It doesn't apply!", etc. Well, go ahead and prove it, you bunch of brick walls.
                I'm sorry I thought this was a forum....what's the definition of forum???? a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged. everybody check with AdaJames before you make a post in the FORUMS to make sure its not stupid in his book lolllllllllllllllllllll

Comment

Ideas? About what? A toothless lawsuit that is dead before it starts because the self-righteous fools involved spent so much on the game that they don't have the cash for the lawyers?

More like a joke than an idea.

Comment

its dead to you because you believe a ToS bars them from being sued.....not sure where you are from but in the US anybody can be sued for any reason regardless of TOS and I never said I was going to sue them I'm just here to have fun

Comment

Originally posted by JackFrost1111111 View Post
                      its dead to you because you believe a ToS bars them from being sued.....not sure where you are from but in the US anybody can be sued for any reason regardless of TOS and I never said I was going to sue them I'm just here to have fun
                      It's not about belief, the ToS does prevent them from being sued. In you the US you cannot sue anyone for any reason. One of the only ways that you might be able to sue them, is if you were a casher - paid for a very specific service - and then were denied that service on unscrupulous grounds. Even if you could prove that, it still probably wouldn't be enough.

Comment

Don't bother, Alsatia. These are the kind of people who rails at the Sun because they believe it should rise in the west and it doesn't oblige them. Logic has no place in their world, only their beliefs.

Comment

Don't bother, Alsatia. These are the kind of people who rails at the Sun because they believe it should rise in the west and it doesn't oblige them. Logic has no place in their world, only their beliefs.
                          Well the weirdest part for me, is that some people think - 'Proficient City Limited MAY SUSPEND, TERMINATE, MODIFY, OR DELETE ANY ACCOUNT AT ANY TIME WITH OR WITHOUT REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE.' is just a matter of interpretation. Lol it's a bit concerning. That's just one line of the contract we all signed; that doesn't even count the limited liability parts which are quite messy.

Just a few more things from the ToS for giggles....

'If a dispute arises between you and Proficient City Limited, our goal is to provide you with a neutral and cost-effective means of resolving the dispute quickly.'

'(c) Proficient City Limited has the right at any time with or without reason to change and/or eliminate any aspect(s) of the Services as it sees fit in its sole discretion. '

'(d) Proficient City Limited is not be obligated to refund all or any portion of any Account fee (if any), by reason of any interruption of the Services by reason of any of the circumstances described in paragraph (a), (b), or (c).'

'Proficient City Limited may amend this Agreement, any Rules of Conduct, the Privacy Policy and any end-user license agreement at any time in its sole discretion.Amendments and modifications will be effective immediately after publishing them on the Website. '

'By continuing to use the Website and its services, you are signifying your acceptance of any revised or updated terms. '

That's as ironclad as it gets.... You'll need one hell of a lawyer to make the EULA go away; because with it... not a chance.
                          Last edited by Alsatia01; 12-25-2015, 04:56 AM.

Comment

Not a bit concerning, just typical of the kind of people that is churned out of our education systems these days. All about their rights, their freedoms, their this, their that. Never about logic, science, respect, discipline and values. They are taught anything they like, they should have because it is their right. They even believe that they have a right to a JOB...!

Comment

Originally posted by Alsatia01 View Post
                              It's not about belief, the ToS does prevent them from being sued. In you the US you cannot sue anyone for any reason. One of the only ways that you might be able to sue them, is if you were a casher - paid for a very specific service - and then were denied that service on unscrupulous grounds. Even if you could prove that, it still probably wouldn't be enough.
                              I will start with your second post that mentions pro city I play on r2games(sure there is a dif ToS)......there is this thing called Binding Arbitration google it if you don't know what that is I looked at R2GAMES ToS and didn't see anything relating to it

Comment

Not a bit concerning, just typical of the kind of people that is churned out of our education systems these days. All about their rights, their freedoms, their this, their that. Never about logic, science, respect, discipline and values. They are taught anything they like, they should have because it is their right. They even believe that they have a right to a JOB...!
                                we can see your what????Harvard education???? lollll trololololololollol I should really quit responding to your posts but its great how you make yourself out to be Einstein and everybody who disagrees with you to be ignorant I have been seeing you post for months and months and its the same **** every time all negativity

Comment

Working...
                                X