No announcement yet.

class action lawsiut

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*yawn* when you guys start putting your money where your big fat mouths are, and actually do sue R2, come talk to me. Otherwise, you are nothing but a bunch of blowhards who likes to throw out threats lawsuits as a means to get your way when you have clearly cheated and deserve to have the stuff taken away from you. A bunch of nobodies, whom R2 can ignore with impunity because you speak for no one but cheaters.

So, come on. Let the courts prove it. Let's do what YOU said you were going to do. I'll even buy popcorn.

Comment

How did this all even started ;c -eats potato and fried chicken-
      In-Game Name : Qiu Qiu
      Guild :?
      BR: 6M
      Class : Mage
      Lvl : Duke ArchMage

Give me potatoes & fried chicken to make me happy c:

If you are lazy and put no effort the outcome wont be there.

Poor Mages in KH

Comment

Generally with the cheaters crying about the ToS and how they BELIEVE it doesn't apply. I mean, if they believe it so strongly, just go do it. Why threaten people here with it? Seriously, JUST DO IT!

Comment

Originally posted by AdaJames View Post
          Generally with the cheaters crying about the ToS and how they BELIEVE it doesn't apply. I mean, if they believe it so strongly, just go do it. Why threaten people here with it? Seriously, JUST DO IT!
          Hmm i do agree with u ..seeing all these
          DO IT!JUST DO IT!Dont let your dreams be dreams .SO JUST DO IT!MAKE YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE.JUST DO IT
          c: Ok im sorry i had to ; - ; but yeah just go for it
          In-Game Name : Qiu Qiu
          Guild :?
          BR: 6M
          Class : Mage
          Lvl : Duke ArchMage

Give me potatoes & fried chicken to make me happy c:

If you are lazy and put no effort the outcome wont be there.

Poor Mages in KH

Comment

Originally posted by AdaJames View Post
            *yawn* when you guys start putting your money where your big fat mouths are, and actually do sue R2, come talk to me. Otherwise, you are nothing but a bunch of blowhards who likes to throw out threats lawsuits as a means to get your way when you have clearly cheated and deserve to have the stuff taken away from you. A bunch of nobodies, whom R2 can ignore with impunity because you speak for no one but cheaters.

So, come on. Let the courts prove it. Let's do what YOU said you were going to do. I'll even buy popcorn.
            Who is this ..... and why is he allowed to post on the forums? Can I just remind the ....:

Originally posted by R2_Sanguine View Post
            All,
            A number of people were banned during yesterday’s maintenance.
            This was not done by any publisher (R2Games, Pro City…), nor any Co-Publisher (Armor, Kabam, Kong…).
            We do know that some were banned correctly and some were not.
            We have been in contact with the developers since they entered their offices first thing this morning and are still working on a solution for those who should not have been banned.

Update – We are working hard to undo bans, some have been unbanned, for those not yet please bear with us as we have a lot of accounts to go through. For those missing Gems and you did not use an exploit, please send us a ticket.
            Last edited by MemoryLane; 12-25-2015, 02:40 PM. Reason: language

Comment

Originally posted by Splinterz View Post
              Who is this ..... and why is he allowed to post on the forums? Can I just remind the ....:
              He is AdaJames the forum troll, however in this case he is completely correct.........

R2 is not a USA company, its based in Hong Kong, international law suites are extremely expensive and hard to pursue; Some US states require foreign corporations to register to do business as a condition to suing.

Plus there is this (below), so you have to hire lawyers that can operate in a Hong Kong court and work out if you have a case under Hong Kong law; all this requires huge amounts of cash. Cash R2 already require you to pay for under the indemnification clause in the TOS(please stop calling it a EULA, that's is something different).

The Terms and all matters or disputes arising out of or relating to the Terms or the Services will be governed by, construed, and enforced in accordance with the laws of Hong Kong (without regard to any principles of conflicts of laws). All claims arising out of or relating to the Terms, the Services, or the Site shall be litigated exclusively in the courts located in Hong Kong, and you hereby expressly consent to personal jurisdiction in those courts.
              So the outcome of all this expense will be what? You get your in game Gems back? for what could be tens of thousands of dollars each. Reality is, when you started playing this game, you agreed to something that now has you by the b@lls . Is it worth flushing even more money down the toilet in a vein attempt at suing?

Stop playing, stop spending is the more sensible solution.

Kiwi

Comment

Funny kinda.... People heading off in 100 directions with no actual heading. People are powerless in 1000 groups going nowhere.

Anyone can sue anyone for any reason they like, winning is a different story, cases that look poor often win. In the end it doesn't typically do anyone any good. Both sides pay out piles. Consumers do have strength but not this way!

R2 can attempt to hide behind what is thought to be concrete walls but there is always a door no matter where they are. People do not have to take abuse, just cause is one thing, this calamity and negligence is something else.

I can write in a TOS all I want that I will sell you swam land for 1 billion an acre, doesn't mean I can. Why? Consumers have rights!

Lets not forget they need clients to make money so upsetting too many people is very bad for business. Word spreads fast. I hear what happened here has created an impact on many other of their games. People talk talk to people, word spreads of injustice to folks. Bad news travels extremely fast. It does not actually matter if R2 is or is not within their rights, consumers are upset and believe otherwise. It was proved by R2 we have no consumer protection, they just take money and do with it as they please, not what they said they were delivering. That is the word being spread from the folks that had things unjustly taken.

Then after all that is said, what will happen next time? when? who will be effected? Next week? Next month? Another R2 game? Is this really the reputation they want to make money? Do they expect in todays consumer knowledge that things like this will not get out to others. Do they want to shrink their client market? Or at the very least impact their income based on a mistake they made? Often it is better to exceed the satisfaction of clients then to start a bad reputation. Maybe HongKong thinks otherwise.

Consumers really need to stick together, maybe its not you this time, but what about next time!
                Last edited by jabbery; 12-25-2015, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Have you looked at the backing & owners behind Proficient City/7Road? Even if the affected players combined to take the company/s on, I suspect it would be like a 100k br going up against the top regional player in CW.

R2 hinted that it is the developer at fault. However their management of the situation hasn't been faultless either. Their lack of correct communication does not inspire confidence or reassure affected players that their situation will be put right.

I took a peek, thinking that if the developer gets a bad enough rep from word of mouth, social media & press (probably the most effective way of hurting them), then they would probably either change the company name or close it down and start a new one. I wanted to make sure I knew who and what they were so that if they don't put the current situation right, I would not support any of their future endeavours and could warn others of who to avoid. I came to the conclusion that I could avoid them and I could warn others to do the same, but even using social media & press, the impact on them would probably have no more effect than if they had to brush away a pesky fly R2 less so, so lets hope they put this situation right and learn from it.
                  Last edited by Gremlinz; 12-25-2015, 09:22 PM.
                  Gremlin
                  Mage on Oceanic Server 534

(Previously a mage on West Coast Server 168)

Comment

7Road, the developers, have signaled in the past that they want to move out of the PC market and into the app market. I doubt that killing off WT and similar games would lose them much sleep.

I have said before in posts on this forum, that if you want to HURT the dev or R2, there are easier and better ways to do it than using the ToS. The fixation on the ToS is laughable if the end goal is to hurt R2 and/or 7Road, especially when the same guys keep talking about their beliefs and not facts. Didn't know when law turned into a religion, but there you go.

Comment

R2_Sanguine says in his post that the bans were not issued by any of the publishers. Some were correct and some were not. This implies that the developers, (or someone else), can ban accounts they don't own. Our TOS agreements are with the publishers. If anyone is suing anyone, it could be all of the publishers suing the developers for contractual reasons, loss of income or even data protection. The publishers should consider this with a view to protecting it's investment and it's customers. Maybe the publishers could force a change in the business relationship and take control of the development of the game. Then maybe we wont have to put up with this **** from the developers.
                      Last edited by Splinterz; 12-26-2015, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Not going to delve into this topic, but before initiating any legal actions, it's advised to first identify your objectives and expectations, document anything that you deem could serve as evidence (including all your character data, financial transactions, support ticket history, and the terms you actually signed with your direct (sub-)publisher), and possibly stop active playing or at least avoid making significant changes to your circumstances. The rules and laws apply differently to different aspects of the game and the companies involved. Some scenarios might be simpler than expected, while some could lead to a legal deadend (not necessarily a defeat of the consumer in the big picture but court rulings might not favor the consumer). Whether or not to act collectively while still actively play is the other consideration, as the terms of some (sub-)publisher(s) contain the arbitration clause, which is legal and enforceable in all US jurisdictions that I'm aware of.

And, last but not least, game is entertainment and meant for fun. Hope this whole mess is only a one-time incident and everyone is happy in game ever after.

Comment

Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
                          Not going to delve into this topic, but before initiating any legal actions, it's advised to first identify your objectives and expectations, document anything that you deem could serve as evidence (including all your character data, financial transactions, support ticket history, and the terms you actually signed with your direct (sub-)publisher), and possibly stop active playing or at least avoid making significant changes to your circumstances. The rules and laws apply differently to different aspects of the game and the companies involved. Some scenarios might be simpler than expected, while some could lead to a legal deadend (not necessarily a defeat of the consumer in the big picture but court rulings might not favor the consumer). Whether or not to act collectively while still actively play is the other consideration, as the terms of some (sub-)publisher(s) contain the arbitration clause, which is legal and enforceable in all US jurisdictions that I'm aware of.

And, last but not least, game is entertainment and meant for fun. Hope this whole mess is only a one-time incident and everyone is happy in game ever after.
                          Nope, historically events like this in R2 games have happened over and over again. Can't see it getting better in the future as there is no indication of that from the past.

Comment

Originally posted by jabbery View Post
                            Nope, historically events like this in R2 games have happened over and over again. Can't see it getting better in the future as there is no indication of that from the past.
                            "Never give up!" <-- that's what all the shounen & shoujo anime & manga had taught us. and yeah, never give up hope, because hope is the last thing left in heart after the Pandora Box had been opened. lol

I personally had never opened treasure inventory and would never do (not needed unless they forbid conversion). I have not been hit by this incident, or at least there has not been any major hit that could draw my attention to ("major" as defined in losing anything that could cost me hundreds of dollars or hundreds of hours to get back).

However, I did make a snapshot of everything important before every maintenance since a previous disaster on my alt (a mage). She lost a whole page (56 boxes) of mail items back in July 2015, possibly due to a date skew in their system during maintenance (which had caused auto-deletion of unread mails which still had many days left). They insisted that their timestamp was correct and refused to compensate, so I was forced to basically abandon that character because she had lost everything I had prepared for her for all the levels beyond 69 (everything for eudaemon, soul mark, lvl70 & lvl80 sets, artifact/halidom, forge mats, engagement rings, hearts & hazels, etc.). That was 11 months of work gone, including some rare shop items that wouldn't come back for free any more. I was about to get married & make that toon my tertiary character, but that didn't happen. I was quite upset about it for quite some days, but moved on with that incident, added this snapshot thing for my main & secondary characters before every maintenance, and didn't spend since the September patch.

Comment

I'm feeling a lot more positive today

I got an email from R2, apologising and asking for a list of the stuff that was taken.
                              While I had already told them I didn't know exactly as I didn't take a screen shot before maint, I sent them another list of what level range appeared to be taken.
                              So I am now feeling very relieved that the blanket compensation isn't the end of the solution, and hopeful of getting my missing items back
                              On the down side - they still asked me to be patient while they continue to sort through things. Hopefully it doesn't take too much longer and I have them back before the next synth event.

So to those of you waiting and wondering, hang in there - the blanket compensation wasn't the end of the story
                              Gremlin
                              Mage on Oceanic Server 534

(Previously a mage on West Coast Server 168)

Comment

Working...
                              X