Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

new mount from event

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new mount from event

i was looking at the new mount its a ent = lord of the rings

In the Heroes of Might and Magic series ent-like creatures exist in the III and V parts as a part of elven alliance; however, in Heroes of Might and Magic V, due to copyright infringement issues, their look was changed

as The Lord of the Rings trilogy and The Hobbit: copyright is set to last till 2044 i dont think r2 can use this ent mount due to its copyright so will r2 be changing its looks

© New Line Productions, Inc. All rights reserved. The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King and the names of the characters, items, events and places therein are trademarks

© Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. All rights reserved. THE HOBBIT: AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY, THE HOBBIT: THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG, THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES and the names of the characters, items, events and places therein are trademarks
    Last edited by Xharry005x; 01-07-2016, 01:45 PM.

"Ent" is not a character, item, event, or place name, but Tolkein's estate (or whoever owns the property now) probably could make a copyright/trademark claim if they wanted to. R2 seems pretty careless about appropriating things, so unless they get a letter from someone's attorney, I doubt anything's going to change.

And all they would have to do is rename it, there are plenty of other properties with tree creatures, so the idea is hardly unique to the LOTR universe.

Comment

There is more:

The ad for the mobile app version, the guy holding the girl is Jecht from FF-X down to the tattoos.
      The campaign scenario completion music is the first few bars of the Exodus theme song.
      I won't even go into some of the costumes and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Xharry005x View Post
        i was looking at the new mount its a ent = lord of the rings

In the Heroes of Might and Magic series ent-like creatures exist in the III and V parts as a part of elven alliance; however, in Heroes of Might and Magic V, due to copyright infringement issues, their look was changed

as The Lord of the Rings trilogy and The Hobbit: copyright is set to last till 2044 i dont think r2 can use this ent mount due to its copyright so will r2 be changing its looks

© New Line Productions, Inc. All rights reserved. The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King and the names of the characters, items, events and places therein are trademarks

© Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. All rights reserved. THE HOBBIT: AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY, THE HOBBIT: THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG, THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES and the names of the characters, items, events and places therein are trademarks

Ent is short for 'Treant' - they appear in Greek mythology as 'talking trees'. I'm pretty sure they don't have copyright over them. At best it's a legal grey area.

Comment

Working...
        X