X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• arena match making

what the F &*(?

why is arena soo messed up

i am level 50's i shouldn't be getting matched up[ with groups of 70's and 80's

this is probably the worst thing to happen to wartune

arena match making is so unreal, what happened?

It has honestly been like that for a while and they are still yet to do anything about it.

Comment

they won't do anything. Unfortunately, they don't like idea that non-heavy spender have any chance at winning (even at few months camping cost). Expect the same to happen with battlefields.

Comment

Not entirely true that all "non-heavy spenders" loses all matches. we older players wins most of our fights, 2.8m br and I win 10-15 matches today. Just that all new players loses all their matches cause of how messed up it is. I want equal fair matches. At least to the point where if I afk, I will lose if my oponent isn't. Right now, I can watch netflix and start a matching every other minute, and still win as many as I would by actually fighting back. Either matches are easy, or impossible

Comment

45-Second Matches are a rarity for my team, even after wasting about a minute in waiting for one. Really? Does it take a minute to get a match when you have everyone else who is poised in other rooms to get into a fight on your server at the moment the event starts?

At most, we get the 3-Second Matches (either easy wins against newer servers or easy losses against the cold hard cashing whales) that puts my frustration in asking "why have a matching system in the first place?"
          Vicious! Approach with Caution!
          Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
          Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
          Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

It is incredibly badly done these days. I think it actively prevents matches pitting strong teams against each other. I haven't lost an arena match in months now, and only rarely do I even have to try to win. And I usually don't make the top 100 cross-server, so there's plenty of players around who could beat or at least challenge me.
            When I can, I bring along newer players to help them get a few wins in, since there's very little chance they could otherwise.

Comment

ive been level 50's for about 1.3 years now, i have probably spent rough 80$ on this game.. thats more then i have ever spent on a game, granted ive bought a lot of call of duty, halo, and battlefield games, but straight up wartune is so unlegit compared to other games that it starts to frustrate me

Comment

mmm matching so bad that I call arena the puppy stomping time of day, usually 14-15 wins every day afk cept odd hard one every few days. I t is NOT fair, been playing 2 years and at 2 mill br facing what ever server newest, been 629 lately.

Comment

I agree that the matching should be made more fair in arena. Battleground you go in and take your chances. I get matched in bg with Isolda boilwash Pied Piper Igad Kimmen,and pat2020 just to name a few. My just under 4 br does not match well with their between 5 and 6 in fact tedeus went over 6 mill yesterday.And with the ones that are closer to my br there I hold my own. That being said Arena is a joke either win or lose usually very quickly. I should not be facing down buxomwench but should not be seeing a toon that cannot withstand my guard. I've gone to taking anyone with me as its usually a 15-0 to 12-3 run. Can use the rewards but its a big waste of time and fails to be fun. And btw the longer it takes to match the worse your opponent. I should not have to be apologizing to the same lv 47 player I saw 2 attempts ago.

Comment

Originally posted by smogster View Post
                    I agree that the matching should be made more fair in arena. Battleground you go in and take your chances. I get matched in bg with Isolda boilwash Pied Piper Igad Kimmen,and pat2020 just to name a few. My just under 4 br does not match well with their between 5 and 6 in fact tedeus went over 6 mill yesterday.And with the ones that are closer to my br there I hold my own. That being said Arena is a joke either win or lose usually very quickly. I should not be facing down buxomwench but should not be seeing a toon that cannot withstand my guard. I've gone to taking anyone with me as its usually a 15-0 to 12-3 run. Can use the rewards but its a big waste of time and fails to be fun. And btw the longer it takes to match the worse your opponent. I should not have to be apologizing to the same lv 47 player I saw 2 attempts ago.

Battleground isn't all that bad. The whole point in Battleground is to acquire honor, at least for me. I get beat up by the stronger players, but I also beat others as well. But then again, I have Lvl 9 VIP, so getting beat up doesn't really hurt me.

As for the multiplayer arena, do you folks really want to have 15 group fights that last for over 5 minutes? I certainly don't, and I don't think there are a lot of players out there that can go the full 1.25+ hrs without having to refresh at least twice in order to avoid major game performance degredation. I like being able to go solo and win a majority of the matches because of how much of a pain it is to find groups for the arena and having to deal with other players dropping, waiting for them to click "ready", etc. Besides, once your ranking reaches a certain point, the matches do become more difficult, especially when you run it solo.

Comment

On your 15 group fights that last over 5 minutes question...

YES I DO, DAMMIT!

Anything lasting over 30-45 seconds is best because it keeps us focused in coming up with strategies to take down our opponents, and them doing the same, until the last pixel stands as the victor. That's how it is supposed to work. These 3-second "quickies" are no fun at all. I don't mind losing or winning, but the fun of it is flaccid in its current state, a total buzz kill mind you. As I have said before, 30-45 second fights are a rarity, especially if we have to wait up to a minute to be "matched" up when there are others waiting on the same server.

On battleground, that's a different story. It's totally busted. I don't do it any more. I mean "what for" as it is only geared onto level rather than matching like BRs with one another. This point in time, no one really can use that "oh there is not enough people" excuse since each server cluster has a good number of people in varying BR groups. I get my honor through Guild Battle, even though it takes time, so I am not in a rush.

Comment

Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
                        On your 15 group fights that last over 5 minutes question...

YES I DO, DAMMIT!

Anything lasting over 30-45 seconds is best because it keeps us focused in coming up with strategies to take down our opponents, and them doing the same, until the last pixel stands as the victor. That's how it is supposed to work. These 3-second "quickies" are no fun at all. I don't mind losing or winning, but the fun of it is flaccid in its current state, a total buzz kill mind you. As I have said before, 30-45 second fights are a rarity, especially if we have to wait up to a minute to be "matched" up when there are others waiting on the same server.

On battleground, that's a different story. It's totally busted. I don't do it any more. I mean "what for" as it is only geared onto level rather than matching like BRs with one another. This point in time, no one really can use that "oh there is not enough people" excuse since each server cluster has a good number of people in varying BR groups. I get my honor through Guild Battle, even though it takes time, so I am not in a rush.

Some of us have jobs, a social life, and such, meaning we don't have time to sit in front of the computer 8+ hours every day and want to try to get as much done as possible. If you have that much time on your hands, you can participate in the group arena for as long as you want to while it is active, which you're bound to get plenty of tougher fights. There's also the option of challenging other players to duels.

Comment

Originally posted by TolapPumj View Post

Some of us have jobs, a social life, and such, meaning we don't have time to sit in front of the computer 8+ hours every day and want to try to get as much done as possible. If you have that much time on your hands, you can participate in the group arena for as long as you want to while it is active, which you're bound to get plenty of tougher fights. There's also the option of challenging other players to duels.
                          First of all, if you don't have time, fair enough. Many people don't have time to do different events so don't do them, but there is still enough time and a fair(ish) level for them to work at. In other words, whilst it is fair that you don't want to spend a long time, others do if it means they can actually get the rewards.
                          Secondly, why challenge people to duels when there is no reward and you don't go against people in other servers. Your argument there is invalid.

Comment

The 60 sec matching is a PITA. What is R2 waiting for? Their lead designer to get a lightbulb moment? Newsflash: You'll need more than the 15billion years that the universe has been in existence before that happens.

Comment

Originally posted by TolapPumj View Post

Oh, really not my fault, or anyone else's for that matter. I have been busy in real life that I don't make most events, but I do not whine or cry about it. I've had days where I only done a few arena rounds (back when it was sensible) and I get called to do a job. Or in the middle of Guild Battle that I have an emergency in the engineering department that I must take (or should I tell the folks to wait until after I finished GB so I can get back to them?). I don't know if you had noticed this, but most events are so spread out during the day that if you have a day off without anything, it would be grand to you. Some people do work in those times or do other things; this I know.

So take your own advice when I say, if you don't like long battles, don't join them. The rest of us just don't like "quickies" as we want a real fight to really use our wits, not to have everything handed to us.

Comment

Working...
                              X