No more free stuff?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more free stuff?

The events now just seem to be hit level x and get a prize. Not seeing the use 20 of this and get 5 free stuff anymore. Eudaemon scrolls didn't have it, and now warpath crystals don't have it. Seems like anything to do with Eudaemons maybe.

R2 only seem to care about cashers, and most cashers are lvl 80 (in my experience of seeing obvious cashers). They are basically forcing all players to race to lvl 80 if they want to get anything less than half decent. Being a camper in this is currently almost useless, with the exception of battleground, but even then there are less and less people doing that.
    Long story short, it is likely that we aren't getting very good stuff in the events because they want all players to level up it seems.

Comment

yeah, I'm at level 80 with about 2.9 million br. Only spent maybe $150 total on my character since I've had it..other than vip and spirit conv. (was mostly early on getting dual spec, buying gem crafting recipes, and upgrading farm and stuff) But I guess I'll just hold my stuff until they put out some decent events again.

Comment

$100 initial recharge for the beginner mines thing + VIP only.

Top 100 in the entire region.

Currently have MORE balens than I started with because of that ancient treasure thing they had last year, and you don't want to know my BB count.

Other than VIP and the balen, I mean, diamond resistance shield, I have barely spent real balens on my toon.

You don't need to cash heavily to play the game. You just need a bit of brains, patience and willpower to avoid trying to keep up with the Jones. Their advantage is temporary. You will eventually catch up to them. I am starting to beat people that used to 1 shot my entire team, for example.

Comment

Either they are not getting the right message, or they just do the exact opposite of what players want.
          Most active players have more soul crystals & soul seals than they could use, yet the SC & SS events reward with SC & SS & no event chests.
          Almost nobody has enough gems, divinity souls or diamonds to max their hero, all 6 sylphs (plus 3 merged if they have them), and all 8 eudaemons, yet there's no unlimited gem/divinity soul/diamond events any more, not to mention, gems start at lvl6 & div/diamonds start at lvl5, which means there's no way for most players to synthesize 1 lvl5 div soul per month. I'd rather they start matching the gems/div souls/diamonds at lvl3 & give no rewards chests until lvl6 than starting at such a high level & limit the rewards be only 1 per day. I used to synthesize 1 lvl11 diamond per day, but now I can't even synthesis 1 lvl7 for all 3 days without losing rewards on the extras with no matching.
          As for eudaemon, I highly doubt that many people have all eudaemons maxed on everything, especially not the War Emblem level. And because RES level & Res-Red level are capped by emblem level, there's no way to max these levels either, even if we still have thousands of RES crystals on hand. Not to mention, farm harvest of BoZ is also capped at a very limited amount per day due to the long growth time of animals.
          Now I'm not seeing the feasibility of catching up within 1-2 years. Maybe it's really time to move on.

Comment

Originally posted by AdaJames View Post
            $100 initial recharge for the beginner mines thing + VIP only.

Top 100 in the entire region.

Currently have MORE balens than I started with because of that ancient treasure thing they had last year, and you don't want to know my BB count.

Other than VIP and the balen, I mean, diamond resistance shield, I have barely spent real balens on my toon.

You don't need to cash heavily to play the game. You just need a bit of brains, patience and willpower to avoid trying to keep up with the Jones. Their advantage is temporary. You will eventually catch up to them. I am starting to beat people that used to 1 shot my entire team, for example.
            Been playing half time since mid-2014. 100% free player (as a non-spender version of my former casher toon). Still under 4M BR (without blessing/medal/temp mounts/etc.) & barely 4.2M with those temp buffs on (barely made the last spot for Chaos War after 25 higher ones went offline). Not seeing hope of catching up at all. Server is also weak. Could not get Pyre Horse without being a participant.
            Last edited by R238423534; 02-01-2016, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
              Been playing half time since mid-2014. 100% free player (as a non-spender version of my former casher toon). Still under 4M BR (without blessing/medal/temp mounts/etc.) & barely 4.2M with those temp buffs on (barely made the last spot for Chaos War after 25 higher ones went offline). Not seeing hope of catching up at all. Server is also weak. Could not get Pyre Horse without being a participant.
              I am way above 4M, and like I said, I barely spent on the toon. The only real difference is the VIP thing. Is VIP worth over 500k BR? I don't know. I didn't think it was that strong.

Comment

Originally posted by AdaJames View Post
                I am way above 4M, and like I said, I barely spent on the toon. The only real difference is the VIP thing. Is VIP worth over 500k BR? I don't know. I didn't think it was that strong.
                hmm...so you are like...4.5-5.5M maybe? I'd think that's a very reasonable difference given you are a much older toon (older than 2.5 years?), with VIP & on a better publisher (I'm on Kabam). The best free player I had met in-game so far is around 5.7M, or roughly about the same as you. But he played for 3.5 years & said he always finished all activities & never missed a day. He said he even got up every 4 hours to harvest seeds & played for like 15 hours a day at peak time. Considering the amount of time & effort he had put into this game, I'm content with what I'm getting. He played for 25 extra months & 5-14.5 extra hours each day, while I typically only got some 15-40 devotion per day & almost did nothing but events & blitzing, I think he deserves to be so much better than me. If you are also as hardworking as he is, I think you deserve to be much better than me.

As for VIP, it's arguable how much it brings. In some way it does seem like VIP has some advantage over freebies, especially for the zero honor loss. I just logged on to the old toon out of curiosity & game changed my BR to almost 6M due to the new patch (with medal & temp mounts still active). I normally only had VIP+SC on her (though I admit to have spent without budgeting for a few times when I suddenly felt excited). Maybe the little extras really made some difference, or maybe a full time toon is just better than a half time toon, or maybe just R2 being much better than Kabam. My free toon is on Kabam. There's absolutely no way to get a single unbound balen without actual spending. But there would be no come back for me to the other side. I can't let a game occupy more than 3 hours a day of my precious life (but 3 hours was barely enough to handle just guild & individual dailies -_-|).

Comment

Working...
                X