No announcement yet.

helper

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I fail to see how HP is an issue, but then again, I am not low BR, so it may be different. What I do after helping is to wander over to sylph atoll, get into a fight with an Iris, heal to full, then nuke it. During the help, I use a heal rune to fast heal between strikes.

Seriously, I haven't spent gold on a HP pot in ages, and I have over 100 major pots from guild blessings sitting in my inv. I help people in EF Hell, Tara and NR all the time, and any number of MPD.

Only frakking jerks would whine about what you do when you go out of your way to help them do things, and those guys can sit on my blacklist for life.
    Last edited by AdaJames; 02-11-2016, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AdaJames View Post
      I fail to see how HP is an issue, but then again, I am not low BR, so it may be different. What I do after helping is to wander over to sylph atoll, get into a fight with an Iris, heal to full, then nuke it. During the help, I use a heal rune to fast heal between strikes.

Seriously, I haven't spent gold on a HP pot in ages, and I have over 100 major pots from guild blessings sitting in my inv. I help people in EF Hell, Tara and NR all the time, and any number of MPD.

Only frakking jerks would whine about what you do when you go out of your way to help them do things, and those guys can sit on my blacklist for life.
      You are part of an extremely small minority who do not keep a surplus of health in their HP pool. Running into the atoll every time you are low on health sounds extraordinarily lame; or at least every time you help someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Alsatia01 View Post
        You are part of an extremely small minority who do not keep a surplus of health in their HP pool. Running into the atoll every time you are low on health sounds extraordinarily lame; or at least every time you help someone.
        So, you want the advantages that comes from helping, but refuse to make the sacrifice of gold or time, and still want to complain that helpers are hard done by?

Enough said, really.

Comment

let's say, most helpers help for the sake of feeling happy to save the helpless from frustration, which, in the bigger picture, also helps keep the server stronger & more active. helpers base their happiness on the happiness of others. on servers with good & normal players being the majority, most would understand reciprocity & know the purpose of game is fun & social. if there's an advantage of helping, it'll be for the benefit of the whole server & everyone in it, not just the helpers themselves. besides, if you are a normal person, you wouldn't want to hang out with upset & frustrated players on a daily basis, & would probably want to help when you see others having trouble. but on the other hand, if helping others sets you too far back, it would be difficult to help without introducing hindrance to your own toon development & normal game play.

as per the case of you individually, I see your normal game play is being interrupted, as you need to waste time going into sylph atoll & heal. if you sum up the time wasted on those atoll trips each day, it's probably enough to help another group of players through 1 Spire Normal, 1 EF Hell, 1 NR, 2 Tara or 2 EF normal or NM. So why waste time when you can save it? maybe you have too much time to waste? besides, for just free HP refill, you don't need to take the trip to atoll at all.

Comment

Any fight will do, really, as long as it is one that won't give you any trouble. Hell, just pop out into the Wilds and whack something or complete L100 of Catacombs.

I just use Sylph Atoll because I tend to park my toon at the sylph arena guy.

Comment

There's really no fight needed.

Comment

Pretty sure the sylph thing is a bug, and am not willing to give R2 the excuse to steal all my stuff.

Comment

i don't think it's a bug. it seems to be a feature to counter a previous bug. and it works for not just sylph, but about anything that changes your max hp.

previously, if your hp is full but without any extra hp in the bubble, when you unequip anything that gives you hp, you lose the overflow hp, & your hp shows as not full when you equip it back, even if your max hp did not change. so you kept losing hp when you do gear enchantment or holy forge.

now that overflow hp goes back into your hp bubble when you unequip it. that's about the only difference i see.

however, there's a new bug with hp. whenever you refresh, there's a random chance for your hero to lose all hp but the amount you have in your base form, and if you hide your clothings, they are shown again. i lost 700k hp per occurrence, & it sometimes happened for every time i refreshed. i lost millions of hp each day for doing nothing but start blitzing & log off for a few timers a day, until i keep my hp bar empty most of the time & don't bother with refills unless i need to do runs.

Comment

Originally posted by AdaJames View Post
                    So, you want the advantages that comes from helping, but refuse to make the sacrifice of gold or time, and still want to complain that helpers are hard done by?
                    When did I say anything even remotely resembling that? My only point was that going into atoll to refill on health sounds extremely lame, which it is.

I don't lose all that much gold to HP potions, and I'm more than happy to help out people when they ask me to. Don't arbitrarily throw me into whatever nonsense complaints you have about people who 'refuse' to help.
                    Last edited by Alsatia01; 02-11-2016, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X