Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

This Chinese Holiday thing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Chinese Holiday thing

How many of them do you have? Okay, that's not important. But what is, is that we players would like to suggest that anything big to be held off until you firmly seat those bottoms into those seats (as in come back to work). Make sure the maintenance tonight is one where you mind your Ps and Qs and cross your Ts and dot your Is. I know it's asking for too much, but I figured I would just throw that into the open.

Happy Holidays!!!

Then again, I wish the US would take a week or two when a holiday comes up... all paid of course.
    Vicious! Approach with Caution!
    Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
    Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
    Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

well its chinese new year i believe the janitor will be on to take over and answer any quieres from ppl lol

Comment

There is only one major holiday in the Chinese calender and that is Chinese New Year.

Far less than the 10 or so that most Western nations get. You know, Christmas, Easter, Labour Day, etc., etc., etc.

Comment

+ Thanksgiving and New Year = 5 days for most of the private working men/women in the US. If you work for the government, it goes to 10 days total for the year. How many days was support down for China's New Year? Or should I say weeks, when most websites I find say 1 day? ?

Chinese holiday fact check:
        http://www.travelchinaguide.com/esse...ic-holiday.htm
        http://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/china/

Comment

I know, but didn't they had a Chinese Holiday when that Fiasco 5.0 came about where they were not around for a week or two? Und I thought that was the Chinese New Year. I guess I do have to include Chinese Holidays to my Outlook Calendar.

Comment

That would be a good idea, because it seems that without your daily racist anti-Chinese email to R2, you suffer from withdrawal symptoms.

Comment

And if you go 1 thread without trolling, you suffer withdrawal symptoms, Ada. Your mostly worthless vile comments are why I have avoided posting on the forum, and stop reading after seeing your name on the post.

My guess is you'll find a way to see 'victory' in this by saying you're doing me a favor.

Yes, Meikura, I remember that "holiday" being exorbitantly long, and resulted in my entire server waiting at least a month for a massive reward that everyone should've gotten. Anyway, it's sour grapes now, and I hope they don't repeat it.

Comment

I think it is a victory because I don't ahve to read your stuff. Doing you a favour is actually a downside of the whole thing.

Anything else you like clarified?

Comment

First off, Happy New Lunar Year to all the Chinese persons reading this forum.

Secondly, I'd have to second OP & suggest to avoid making ambitious changes to your toon until the dev's holiday is over.

I believe China has only some 8-10 federal holidays per year, but bearing their 5000-year tradition I'm sure some would take a much longer vacation off to enjoy some personal time, and companies might be willing to relax a bit during the holidays. Remember, they (and most parts of the Globe) are not a slave nation like us, where work takes precedence over basically everything else & your boss is king. Don't get me wrong on this. I'm the boss most of the time (in all but one privately-held company ) & know I belong to the endangered species of humane/considerate leaders. I do think the life quality in this country is not in par with its (declining but still strong) economic power. Even our closest neighbor Canada is better than us. Well that's off-topic so

Comment

For once, I am going to refrain from responding to that part since we all know where that will lead us, and that is a dark road indeed.

The only time I would experience a very "long" holiday was when I was in school (remembering Easter break, Christmas, and summer). When I joined the army, we've gotten 4-day weekends if a holiday falls on a Friday to Monday aspect. Our country is starting to fall back into the "old days" where companies are humane enough to close on Thanksgiving and Christmas in allowing their employees spend time with their families on those days (some companies, not all). I sometimes envy China for they are a well-oiled machine when it comes to recognizing and observing their "federal" holidays.

But, no folks, I was merely suggesting to R2 for them not to drop us the "bomb" and vanish for that time while we are sorting things out. In fact, I haven't logged into game yet since I always perform my maintenance an hour before R2 does theirs and would leave the system on at night while it's doing such (500GB drive on a large partition does take a while, with 5-6 years worth of data). So I won't know what I will see inside once I get on. Stay frosty my friends.

Comment

I think the r2 staff are on a permenant holiday - they just like to make out they are in the office - just to p*ss everyone off.
                      Chinese holiday for them is a non stop event.
                      It also allows them to forget about their balls up - like the treasure inventory debacle.
                      Fortunately they removed the sign saying "they put players first" which everyone pointed out was pure bull .....
                      Personally, if I was their boss - they would not get a holiday which they do not deserve.
                      Last edited by MemoryLane; 02-07-2016, 08:10 AM.

Comment

actually they dont need 2 weeks off for holidays

they should ave 1 or 2 days off for thhis public holiday like rest of world

you dont see the emergancy services having 2 weeks off for this holiday r2 so u shouldnt be diffrent

Comment

It's just one week, plus the weekend before and the weekend after, which most don't work anyway. There's several holidays that result in a day or two off for most in the country, and there are 2 that are celebrated for an entire week. It's a time of year when many go home to spend time with their families. It's more common for individual family members to move to where the work is, so they are away from the rest of their family for most of the year.

R2 is not closed for the holiday, it's just lightly staffed through it. Priorities are on things R2 can fix themselves (billing issues, account issues), and emergencies or urgent issues that affect the entire game. Everything else will be tended to when everyone is back in the office following the holiday.
                          New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

And then somehow I got this imagery on the mind:

"It's one week they said. Everything will be fine they said. What could possibly go wrong?"

And that's what scares me the most. I am just havin' fun. Enjoy the holiday.

Comment

Working...
                            X