War of Eternity; Where art thou

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War of Eternity; Where art thou

When is the 'War of Eternity' actually going to come so we all can have the +10 Mythic Arifact/Halidom refines?

Cause of the changes to equipment in patch 5.5, the refinements also get upgraded. Instead of +630 +3160 like my Mythic Halidom, my Mythic Artifact is +756 +3792. Would be nice to actually max my Halidom too.

If war of eternity really show up, refine isn't the best choice. Truncheon and book of wisdom are far more valuable. Also you can pay with bb if you wanna do refine on halidom/artefact.

Comment

It is annoying seeing the messages for an event that never happened.

Comment

Who cares. The only thing these idiots know how to do is schedule everything during the week when most of us are at work. Why they schedule these events during the week is beyond me unless it is their intent to exclude a huge chunk of their paying player base, which makes about as much sense as walking into oncoming traffic. Cross-server events like this really should be held on the weekend.

Comment

lol…with the amount of laggg they have to face on a daily basis, they'll never do that…lol….their systems would have to be super to host everyone for cross-server activity….lol…every weekend we'd be getting compensation packages for system overload…lol

Comment

Originally posted by gibsondion View Post
            lol…with the amount of laggg they have to face on a daily basis, they'll never do that…lol….their systems would have to be super to host everyone for cross-server activity….lol…every weekend we'd be getting compensation packages for system overload…lol

Actually, the game servers themselves are fine because they don't have to do all of the graphics rendering & loading like what our systems have to do on our end. They are geared more towards storage & number crunching, which is why their servers will have a Xeon cpu and 64 GB or more of RAM. The "lag" that we experience in game is mostly due to one or more of the following:
            Slow computer due to slow cpu, insufficient RAM, etc. I should also point out that even having a monster system will not completely eliminate all game lag in heavily congested/graphic areas.

Slow/bad internet connection. If your internet connection is rated at 5 Mb/sec, you'll be lucky to get half of that, which is going to be slow for a game like Wartune.

Flashplayer is a terrible platform for a game like Wartune, which is unable to take full advantage of graphics cards. Plus it is a major resource hog.

Comment

Originally posted by TolapPumj View Post

Actually, the game servers themselves are fine because they don't have to do all of the graphics rendering & loading like what our systems have to do on our end.

Slow computer due to slow cpu, insufficient RAM, etc. I should also point out that even having a monster system will not completely eliminate all game lag in heavily congested/graphic areas.

Flashplayer is a terrible platform for a game like Wartune, which is unable to take full advantage of graphics cards. Plus it is a major resource hog.
              There's an argument to be made that wartune/flash does all(or some) its frame rendering server-side. Upgrading from a low/mid-range CPU to a higher end CPU will give a much higher performance increase than upgrading your graphics card ever would. More importantly, most people (myself included) also see minimal to no change switching to software rendering, indicating that the graphics card isn't doing much.

Unfortunately, I only have my own system and the people who I have helped/troubleshooted issues with as data, and that's a pretty small sample size to say anything on any kind of definitive sense; but still interesting to me from a technological standpoint.

Comment

actually i dont wanna see this war of eternity it will be like all pvp rigged as hell on timer heals etc

Comment

Originally posted by Xharry005x View Post
                  actually i dont wanna see this war of eternity it will be like all pvp rigged as hell on timer heals etc
                  actually it costs unbound balens I think to participate so its really geared towards the high cashers
                  IGN: princestewii
                  Class: Archer
                  Server: Kabam 86

Comment

Ain't that the truth? On a maxed day, I would see it shoot up to 700 MB for memory usage.
                    Vicious! Approach with Caution!
                    Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
                    Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
                    Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Sorry to bring this thread back up but I don't understand it. This event was supposed to running for what almost a year now? and other publishers who are supposedly behind r2 with features have theirs running. I'm sorry but r2 is slacking.
                      IGN: princestewii
                      Class: Archer
                      Server: Kabam 86

Comment

Working...
                      X