Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Forum PMs and Mail

Due to an error in the current version of vBulletin, most are experiencing errors with the private messaging system. Please do not send moderators private messages for assistance at this time. If you have an issue that requires privacy, let us know in your new post or thread and we will work with you to find another option. Thanks - The Moderation Team.
2 of 2 < >

R2 LOGIN ISSUES

For recent R2 login issues, please log in through the website starting with "https": https://www.r2games.com. In addition, the bookmark of the saved URL may still contain the word "http", please change it to "https". If this does not work for you, please clear the cache and cookies to complete the most recent update, or try again with another browser. Thank you.
See more
See less

Proposal for small changes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Proposal for small changes

    First off, Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

    Just sharing my proposal for a few small changes.

    #1 Non-PvP Version of the Wilds
    As we saw amethyst mines can have 2 levels, with only the second level being PvP-enabled. Can we do the same for wilds?
    For example, have 2 levels of the wilds, with only one of them being PvP-enabled.
    Each day after midnight reset, a player has one attempt to teleport into the other level (so that no one can hit and run on the same day).

    #2 Eliminate the use of socketing rods (for both hero & sylph gears)
    Hero gear rods can be obtained from guild blessing, so everyone gets them for free if they have a little patience. It's just an old & unnecessary thing.
    The old dimension war drops plenty of sylph gear rods, so only newer players have to pay for them. Just a rigged situation.
    Gem scrolls & RES crystal scrolls have been eliminated, so should socketing rods (for both hero & sylph gears).
    This doesn't affect the old players, as they've already gotten plenty of both kinds of rods from guild blessing & old dimensions.
    I just feel like newer players should not need to deal with more hassles while playing this game.

    #3 Make the refinement locks usable for locking sylph & eudaemon gears
    Right now there's very limited source of locks so it's not going to be a major loss of balen use for locking refinement stats.
    Old players are basically unaffected for the sylph gear part. Most of them probably have thousands of holy waters and can afford to keep trying until they have the right stats. But the newer players have to suffer, even if they plan to cash in. Again, a rigged situation.
    As for eudaemon gears, right now the most common gears are green, so it's probably less of a problem for most people, but still, more desirable to permit the use of refinement locks on them.

    #4 Make players immune to HP loss in a group dungeon where they have no rewards attempt
    That's the topic we've discussed on this forum over & over again since a year ago. Maybe it's time to have it?

    #5 [new] Disable system announcement for roses
    Seriously, no one needs to see who sends a bundle of roses to who. Most people don't care about it any ways. Rose sending is the matter between two people, so it's better to keep it private & disable the system announcement.

    #6 [new] Enable Item Lock for Eudaemons
    Like what the title says. That's the only core feature without Item Lock protection.

    Last but not least, have fun & enjoy the game even if it's imperfect.
    Last edited by R238423534; 02-15-2016, 06:04 PM.

  • #2
    add the removal of lag roses to this list
    IGN: princestewii
    Class: Archer
    Server: Kabam 86

    Comment


    • #3
      So you say socketing rods can be obtained on the guild blessing wheel with patience and in the old dimension war. And players don't need them now..except for the new players. Well...some of the older players still do need them. They do not drop from the guild wheel that often and the rods for sylph gear doesn't drop from dimensions that I have seen or others either. Or is it they have to be purchased there. Not all older members have obtained plenty of rods of either kind from the past. Maybe you have..but not all.

      Comment


      • #4
        Yep, I am one of those who is in need of rods. It doesn't drop in the guild blessing, so my only option (after Underground Palace was taken out) is to save up bound balens to buy. I am not going to weigh in on that because it's pretty much a catch-22; <expletive>s us either way.

        Now, I am going to weigh in others:

        On #1, I don't think they will go for that. I would like it if it was bigger and the archeology was easier (like within their area of range) as we got so many people (and NPCs, seriously?) moving in close to each other. My advice is, if you can, hit back at the guild (by taking out members you can hit in defense) that hit you; I mean that's how I keep them at bay. Your other alternative as many are doing now, invest in livestock and only sell what you need (in terms of gold).

        On #3, it's not that big of a deal if you focus on the top stats (if you get all that you want in one go, then good) you need. But like you say, it will require a good amount of refinement mats to get it to where you want it to go. If they do make it where we can use refine locks, I've got like around 300 sitting around from the past.

        On #4, I am going to sit on the fence on this one since I had done helped others and didn't complain of an HP loss. Guess I had way too much in the tank to really notice.
        Vicious! Approach with Caution!
        Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
        Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
        Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

        Comment


        • #5
          I don't see what is wrong with the Wilds right now. Why do we need a non-PvP option?

          The only reason someone would be unhappy is if that someone managed to **** off an entire GROUP of people who would then take the trouble to hunt him down AND tell all and sundry where he is and all get together to hit him every 2 hours.

          I mean, seriously, compared to some of the other **** in WT (BG, I am looking at you), Wilds PvP is tame in the extreme.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by princestewii View Post
            add the removal of lag roses to this list
            seriously, I also feel like no one needs to see who sends a bundle of roses to who. no one cares any ways. it's the matter between two people, so better disable the system announcement.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by spincycle View Post
              So you say socketing rods can be obtained on the guild blessing wheel with patience and in the old dimension war. And players don't need them now..except for the new players. Well...some of the older players still do need them. They do not drop from the guild wheel that often and the rods for sylph gear doesn't drop from dimensions that I have seen or others either. Or is it they have to be purchased there. Not all older members have obtained plenty of rods of either kind from the past. Maybe you have..but not all.
              actually...i don't have any of either right now, so got 1 sylph with a few extra sockets & the rest all only 1 socket. but i know many older players have plenty of them, & don't care those free sources gone. that's why i feel it's time to eliminate the need of them. older players are unaffected. newer players can play with less hassle.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
                ...On #1, I don't think they will go for that. I would like it if it was bigger and the archeology was easier (like within their area of range) as we got so many people (and NPCs, seriously?) moving in close to each other. My advice is, if you can, hit back at the guild (by taking out members you can hit in defense) that hit you; I mean that's how I keep them at bay. Your other alternative as many are doing now, invest in livestock and only sell what you need (in terms of gold)....
                some guilds care about their members & worry about losing them, while some others don't.
                some guilds care about reputation, while some others don't.
                it'll be scary if one of the strongest guilds (top 1 or top 2 usually) belong to the Dont's above, & what you said would be entirely ineffective to keep the troublemakers at bay.
                some servers are a better community than some others.
                some server merges could bring major changes to the environment.
                YMMV.

                most people don't do amethyst carting (& its rewards is little comparing to archaeology). they were still willing to bring this layered structure to it.
                the wilds is always crowded since the moment wilds monsters & archaeology were introduced. it indeed carries way more weight. this new structure means more people could benefit from it & fewer would hide on twilight sands & become inactive.

                Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
                ...On #3, it's not that big of a deal if you focus on the top stats (if you get all that you want in one go, then good) you need. But like you say, it will require a good amount of refinement mats to get it to where you want it to go. If they do make it where we can use refine locks, I've got like around 300 sitting around from the past...
                right now holy waters are quite difficult to get. newer players have to rely on older players to carry them thru spire nm to get just a very small amount. & spire nm...it takes forever. it's already a miracle if i could manage to do it twice a week. & we usually don't finish. refinement lock is only 1 per day, so also a very tiny source. i have plenty of both (a full stack each). but thinking that i'm likely to run with weaklings & freebies it's still better if they can catch up.

                Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
                ...On #4, I am going to sit on the fence on this one since I had done helped others and didn't complain of an HP loss. Guess I had way too much in the tank to really notice.
                or your hp is too low to lose much

                at 1.23m hp (no bless nor medal), each refill costs 585k gold. i typically run with people with spirit covenant so they don't care about hp loss or dying/retrying a few times (being impatient & unwilling to heal or make it thru by 1 try). but for me that would mean i wouldn't even be able to do runs if i don't do di/bi at all (& wb takes only 1 minute to kill unless none of the top 20 is around). helping people is same cost.

                additionally, there's a serious bug that drains most of the hp for each refresh. now every time i refreshed, i always had only 610k hp left, so some 620k hp is gone to nowhere. i'm good to start with half hp, but definitely not optimal.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by AdaJames View Post
                  I don't see what is wrong with the Wilds right now. Why do we need a non-PvP option?

                  The only reason someone would be unhappy is if that someone managed to **** off an entire GROUP of people who would then take the trouble to hunt him down AND tell all and sundry where he is and all get together to hit him every 2 hours.

                  I mean, seriously, compared to some of the other **** in WT (BG, I am looking at you), Wilds PvP is tame in the extreme.
                  YMMV. some servers have only a few self-centered jerks, while some others are full of such. if such people happen to be the top 10 or even top 3 or top 2 or top 1, & they are either the g m or they can hijack the g m & make s/he their puppet, hitting them back is not possible, & they don't care about their smaller players receiving the revenge. the one i'm on started off as such a "jerky server", with the g m of the top guild being the lone top player & the one one to encourage their guildies to attack other guilds as much as they could. i kinda left, but there were still good people around, & some needed me, so i didn't completely leave. a merger brought some new order to the server, & we had some 1.5 years of peace time. not that people don't hit each other. it's just not a massive scale war like before. but lately another merger reverted us back to chaos again. & worse than last time, for this time, almost every guild wars on each other, not just one troublemaker, but everyone is a troublemaker, so now is drama time. plenty of people hide on twilight sands, & plenty of others rely on animals for gold reserve. the only way to bring back the order is to segregate the jerks from the rest, & the non-pvp wilds is for that purpose.

                  as for other pvp events such as bg & arena, they are beastly, but at least they are optional, & you can choose to join or not to join at any time. you either don't lose or you can control your loss, or at least you are online & know what to expect.
                  the wilds is entirely an offline/unexpected thing, & there's no way to refuse to join it once you move out of twilight sands. the rewards are also better than most other pvp places. adding the non-pvp wilds is lilke giving players the options to withdraw from drama.
                  not to mention, most other pvp places are already dead. if they don't want the wilds be dead like the rest, they would probably want to consider this possibility.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The rewards are not that great. I fail to see how it would be. 800k gold max? Meh. I get more from half a dozen other sources. It is not even worth listening to the inevitable whines. The only time I hit people is when they hit one of my guildies. That is when I become their best friend and visit often. Plundering people is a waste of time and not worth the drama.

                    As for jerks, well, they are worse in the top servers. The whales tend to be arrogant jerks. You can see their nastiness in BG, and it is especially prevalent if they belong to some sort of ethnic grouping. Polish, spanish, russian, indonesian, pinoy, east indian, whatever. The trash talking and the crying, whining, threats and spew in their own language is sickening.

                    Just stay away from them, or, if you are like me and are in range of them, just build up some dryad and tie them up for ages in a fight. They HATE not being able to end the fight quickly so they can go kill more people. It is hilarious when the timer goes up to +250% damage. Every. Single. Fight.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
                      at 1.23m hp (no bless nor medal), each refill costs 585k gold.
                      step 1: equip your best sylph
                      step 2: change to your weakest sylph
                      step 3: repeat step 1 and 2
                      step 4: ????
                      step 5: PROFIT!!!!
                      Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                      Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Just rest the sylph. No need to switch sylphs.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by AdaJames View Post
                          Just rest the sylph. No need to switch sylphs.
                          ic.
                          anyway, i think the hp loss bug is related to the br drop when offline bug. when your hp reduced(along with the rest of your stat) when offlne, it didnt recover when you log back in.
                          Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                          Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I think your HP goes back to your base HP before all the sylph and stuff.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Arlad View Post
                              step 1: equip your best sylph
                              step 2: change to your weakest sylph
                              step 3: repeat step 1 and 2
                              step 4: ????
                              step 5: PROFIT!!!!
                              Originally posted by AdaJames View Post
                              Just rest the sylph. No need to switch sylphs.
                              You guys should have just sent him a pm, now they might "fix" our fix knowing r2
                              IGN: princestewii
                              Class: Archer
                              Server: Kabam 86

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X