Victory or Failure decided by time in Class Wars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victory or Failure decided by time in Class Wars

I'd like someone who knows, REALLY KNOWS, how they determine who wins and loses when tiime ends in CW battles to explain it to me.

I have lost against weaker rivals with all sylphs and euda dead, and the character almost dead too, and I also lose against strongest rivals when they didn't event got to kill all my sylphs..... So, what is the criteria they follow¿?¿?

With all the ressistances and huge cures battles are eternal and a lot decided by time, and I really need to know because I'm losing an 80-90% of these unfinished battles, a lot of them when i'd kill the rival in another 1 or 2 turns.

I bet it has to do with that "formula" that is floating around that no one truly knows. Not even R2.
    Vicious! Approach with Caution!
    Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
    Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
    Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Hey, my opponent was down to the last 0.1mm of health. A shot of Chaos rune would have killed him, and it was queued to be next! And then... BAM! You Lose!

Happened to me TWICE last CW prelim (i.e., Tuesday).

Whatever their criteria is, I am SURE there is a formula. It is not a random toss-up. I lose far too often for it to be anything but a formula of some sort.

Comment

The times I've come to a deciding point, I have always gotten the right decision(total dmg = win). Had one this cw, he threw a bolt that clearly killed me, I was outmatched, but I knew I couldn't beat him. So I didn't delphic with my hectate(keep his troops alive), and just did way way more dmg to 3 targets than he did to me, 1 target. Even overhealed like crazy just to get to that deciding factor.

Just saying... if this is a common thing that happens to you, record the next cw.

Comment

On Tuesday, I killed all 4 (hero, eudy, & 2 sylphs all down) & still had 900k HP left & timer showed there were still 11 seconds left after fight had ended, & I was declared LOST?!!! I pressed "Screenshot" key when I saw the failure logo, but battle was exited faster than a good screenshot was possible. I got an all-dark image that can't be filed for a ticket. Missed a round & got 1 of such fupduck loss & AFK'ed 4 rounds. Got more than 600 crystals. That's already a better result than I had anticipated, so I forgot it & moved on.

Comment

The fight technically ends with 10-15 seconds left on the clock in the 100% damage bonus minute. From my experience, it adds up total damage inflicted to all targets, and whoever had the higher total wins. But others have reported wins going to the side doing more healing, so it's possible there's more to it.
            It is a safe bet that R2 doesn't know the formula though. They openly admitted to me they don't know the simple damage formula, which is well understood.

Comment

Originally posted by JkLoser87 View Post
              The times I've come to a deciding point, I have always gotten the right decision(total dmg = win). Had one this cw, he threw a bolt that clearly killed me, I was outmatched, but I knew I couldn't beat him. So I didn't delphic with my hectate(keep his troops alive), and just did way way more dmg to 3 targets than he did to me, 1 target. Even overhealed like crazy just to get to that deciding factor.

Just saying... if this is a common thing that happens to you, record the next cw.
              From what I've seen, total damage does seem to be the deciding factor. Every time someone asserts otherwise, they either don't have evidence to support the claim, or their evidence proves they lost (been sent youtube links that clearly show them doing less damage). I'm still open to the idea of it being something else (or having other factors), but that's what it seems to come down to.

Need them vids.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
                The fight technically ends with 10-15 seconds left on the clock in the 100% damage bonus minute. From my experience, it adds up total damage inflicted to all targets, and whoever had the higher total wins. But others have reported wins going to the side doing more healing, so it's possible there's more to it.
                It is a safe bet that R2 doesn't know the formula though. They openly admitted to me they don't know the simple damage formula, which is well understood.
                *inserts the disgusted/vomiting emoticon in here*

So that means if I killed the opponent within 10-15 seconds before timer ran out, I still had to lose it either because opponent had higher BR???
                I don't think they had higher hits than me for that particular fight. I consistently hit all 4 of them them at a much higher number than they could hit my side, & their sylphs had survived until the 100% timer while they hit down my sylph troops early. Even my eudy was down before I became immune to Chaos & went ahead to nuke them down one-by-one.
                The only thing I could think of is that, they stopped counting 10-15 seconds before timer ran out, & let the side with higher BR win.
                I only had 3 orange max-enchanted sylphs (NOT second-refined), & only 1 sylph had over 150k br. The other 2 were only 100k & 110k. Eudy only had unenchanted green gears. Hero still has 1 purple gear & only 2 red gears.
                Opponent had all second-refined sylphs & the sylphs on hero & eudy was 3-stars & 2-star respectively. There's high chance that they had VIP & 5 active dimensions, so their BR was probably higher than mine even though I could beat them.
                I guess Cash War just hates lower BR players.

PS. A few archers also told me the same thing happened to them. Maybe Cash War simply hates archers more? lol just kidding

Comment

Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
                  On Tuesday, I killed all 4 (hero, eudy, & 2 sylphs all down) & still had 900k HP left & timer showed there were still 11 seconds left after fight had ended, & I was declared LOST?!!! I pressed "Screenshot" key when I saw the failure logo, but battle was exited faster than a good screenshot was possible. I got an all-dark image that can't be filed for a ticket. Missed a round & got 1 of such fupduck loss & AFK'ed 4 rounds. Got more than 600 crystals. That's already a better result than I had anticipated, so I forgot it & moved on.
                  You didn't mention how your side was looking, or how the match was looking?

Did your sylph's and eudaemon die before his? did you heal a lot? etc etc.

Just cause you would have won the match if the match lasted til death, does not mean you will win if it's based on total dmg dealt.

edit - Reply at same time as me-

are you 100% sure your numbers was bigger than his? I have had matches where my oponents deal more dmg to me % wise, but they have much more hp, so I end up actually dealing more dmg to them. As most low-mid range players focus on hp(5-6m br) cause of the br boost, 2 people equally strong can actually have 1 doing a lot more total dmg even tho taking more % dmg.

But as I said before, video of this happening, so we can calculate and see what's wrong, otherwise I still believe it's something about most dmg done, cause that's been true for me the most times.
                  Last edited by JkLoser87; 02-18-2016, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
                    So that means if I killed the opponent within 10-15 seconds before timer ran out, I still had to lose it either because opponent had higher BR???
                    I presume they just did higher damage than you. Had you killed them 3 seconds earlier it would have been your win. Would really like to see more class wars vids with sketchy results.

Comment

Originally posted by JkLoser87 View Post
                      ...video of this happening...
                      Like I said above, I pressed "print screen" when I saw the failure logo, but animation was faster than my screenshot could capture it, so all I had was an all-dark image (the "blink" for exiting a battle), which could not be used for filing a ticket. I AFK'ed the remaining matches after seeing this nonsense. The 600 crystals to make a wager was all I needed. Not going to qualify for final any ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Alsatia01 View Post
                        ...Would really like to see more class wars vids with sketchy results.
                        Me too, wished I had this whole nonsense recorded. It wouldn't make any difference for me (would not qualify for final no matter I won that round or not), but since it also happened on other people & some were in the higher (>7M) BR range, it might just be something worth-noting.

Comment

I would love to know how this is decided as well. 6 of 7 losses in the finals were determined this way.

Comment

Originally posted by Cacuga View Post
                            I'd like someone who knows, REALLY KNOWS, how they determine who wins and loses when tiime ends in CW battles to explain it to me.

I have lost against weaker rivals with all sylphs and euda dead, and the character almost dead too, and I also lose against strongest rivals when they didn't event got to kill all my sylphs..... So, what is the criteria they follow¿?¿?

With all the ressistances and huge cures battles are eternal and a lot decided by time, and I really need to know because I'm losing an 80-90% of these unfinished

battles, a lot of them when i'd kill the rival in another 1 or 2 turns.
                            I dont understand this either. In the last Class War one fight I was at full health and had all my sylphs alive, yet lost to a player with all dead except 1 sylph who would have died next turn!

Personally I would like to see fights last longer and the timer adjusted. Even an extra minute would help, as this would complete another round!

Comment

what r2 must do is take away the damage heals time out rule and add this

only an example:

win gives 300 points

loss gives 100 points

Time out (DRAW) 150 points then ppl wont moan then as both gets 150 points and then it be fair on both sides
                              Last edited by Xharry005x; 02-19-2016, 03:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X