Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Forum PMs and Mail

Due to an error in the current version of vBulletin, most are experiencing errors with the private messaging system. Please do not send moderators private messages for assistance at this time. If you have an issue that requires privacy, let us know in your new post or thread and we will work with you to find another option. Thanks - The Moderation Team.
2 of 2 < >

R2 LOGIN ISSUES

For recent R2 login issues, please log in through the website starting with "https": https://www.r2games.com. In addition, the bookmark of the saved URL may still contain the word "http", please change it to "https". If this does not work for you, please clear the cache and cookies to complete the most recent update, or try again with another browser. Thank you.
See more
See less

Questions about knight

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Questions about knight

    Hey,

    i have some questions about knight build.

    1. What skill route i should rush first? I think dmg is decent and then put some points in def skills since leveling is so fast now (also should i skip heal block skill? I read that it was nerfed hard).
    2. What sylph will be the best? I think about eve for me and hades/apollo for eud. What should be my third sylph? Some support type like trition/medusa or another dmg sylph?
    3. Eud thing. Wind Ranger>Batlle Oracle>Sanctuary Hunter?
    4. Gem config. I think 8 x patk, 8 x hp, 8 x pdef, 4 x crit, 4 x mdef. Will it be good? Idk much about double gems.
    5. What astrals should i take apart of obvius ones like patk, pdef, etc. Illusion, regenaration?

    I think that's it. I couldn't find any fresh guide so im asking here. Tyvm for all answers. Cheers.

  • #2
    8 Pdef gem and 4 Mdef gem means you are mage fodder. Knights have enough problems against mages as it is without nerfing them harder vs mages.

    You should look at Eve being your WB sylph, and something else for your primary PvP sylph. I hear Wind is good, but I haven't tested it. With the Knight's high HP, it may even be better than other options due to its HP bonus. Water is pure support (heal and shield), but it can be deadly due to not many people having water resistance.

    Comment


    • #3
      Knight is the stats class. The most important thing is to build massive stats. Skills/route/strategy/etc. everything else is secondary until your stats are adequate to make good use of them.

      1-Fast leveling is to knight's advantage. The dmg route has more useful skills than the def route, so I'd suggest you level those skills first. But one def skill is a must-max: Agoran Shield. That's about your only unique skill that keeps you from dying fast. Apollo Shield is useful, but it takes up lots of skill points on less useful skills until you can get it to level 2, so the gain is not worth the sacrifice on other more useful skills. I have double skills activated on my knight but did NOT tend to switch often. I had all skills unlocked on both trees & focus mainly on the dmg route. Block heal is indeed not worth much now.

      2-I had electro, light & dark upgraded equally on the knight. Electro was most commonly carried. Eudy usually had either light or dark, depending on I used Oracle or Hunter for eudy. Fire entered my focus list rather late, but it was amazingly good. I mainly use the MATK sylphs because my hero was PATK. Water & wind had awesome skills, but for me they seemed to be a little tamer than I would have wanted them. But I mainly focused on PvE so a PvP build might be a different story.

      3-Oracle>Ranger>Hunter. My 4th is Scourge. I heard Panther was quite good, but I had never gotten a chance to focus on him given I already had 4 better than him. Still don't seem to use the 2 knight eudies often. No plan to get the Rabbit yet.

      4-I'd suggest 8x PATK, MDEF & HP, & 4x Crit & Block. You need some 8-10k Crit & Block (each) for PvE, & some 20k each for PvP. After that, all your focus should be on the 4 basic stats (PATK, PDEF, MDEF, HP). I don't tend to use PDEF gems. My knight has about same PDEF & MDEF (effectively, it's an archer-spec knight). Not the best build against players with PATK sylphs, but generally no major disadvantage for fighting any class & any sylph (knight with Fire-Electro sylph & Oracle eudy was my toughest opponent).

      5-I use PATK, MDEF, Block, Determination, Goddess Blessing, Illusion, Guardian Angel, Regeneration, Gemini & Vigor. I have PATK+Crit double gems so I don't need crit astral. If you plan to use single gems, I'd suggest to replace MDEF with Crit. If you typically hit lower than 100k or your opponents usually have low HP (lower than 1 million), you may consider Deflection. Regeneration only gives 50k HP per proc so it's not very helpful when your HP is high (over 2 million), but it worked well on me so I kept it.

      Hope that helps.
      - from a retired knight

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
        1-Fast leveling is to knight's advantage. The dmg route has more useful skills than the def route, so I'd suggest you level those skills first. But one def skill is a must-max: Agoran Shield. That's about your only unique skill that keeps you from dying fast. Apollo Shield is useful, but it takes up lots of skill points on less useful skills until you can get it to level 2, so the gain is not worth the sacrifice on other more useful skills. I have double skills activated on my knight but did NOT tend to switch often. I had all skills unlocked on both trees & focus mainly on the dmg route. Block heal is indeed not worth much now.
        You'll eventually be able to get pretty much both trees at the same time. You get a ridiculous amount of skill points end-game.

        Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
        2-I had electro, light & dark upgraded equally on the knight. Electro was most commonly carried. Eudy usually had either light or dark, depending on I used Oracle or Hunter for eudy. Fire entered my focus list rather late, but it was amazingly good. I mainly use the MATK sylphs because my hero was PATK. Water & wind had awesome skills, but for me they seemed to be a little tamer than I would have wanted them. But I mainly focused on PvE so a PvP build might be a different story.
        Pretty much in agreement.

        Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
        3-Oracle>Ranger>Hunter. My 4th is Scourge. I heard Panther was quite good, but I had never gotten a chance to focus on him given I already had 4 better than him. Still don't seem to use the 2 knight eudies often. No plan to get the Rabbit yet.
        Ranger is almost required for PVE events. If you're not fond of it, go for oracle and just keep a ranger with level 1 curse shot. Frost panther and the rabbit suck, the blood knight is... pretty mediocre.

        Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
        4-I'd suggest 8x PATK, MDEF & HP, & 4x Crit & Block. You need some 8-10k Crit & Block (each) for PvE, & some 20k each for PvP. After that, all your focus should be on the 4 basic stats (PATK, PDEF, MDEF, HP). I don't tend to use PDEF gems. My knight has about same PDEF & MDEF (effectively, it's an archer-spec knight). Not the best build against players with PATK sylphs, but generally no major disadvantage for fighting any class & any sylph (knight with Fire-Electro sylph & Oracle eudy was my toughest opponent).
        In my opinion, full offense. Every item should have Patk, and Patk+Crit gems. The last slot or two, are largely optional - HP, HP+MDEF, PDEF+MDEF, HP+PDEF, HP+BLOCK

        Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
        5-I use PATK, MDEF, Block, Determination, Goddess Blessing, Illusion, Guardian Angel, Regeneration, Gemini & Vigor. I have PATK+Crit double gems so I don't need crit astral. If you plan to use single gems, I'd suggest to replace MDEF with Crit. If you typically hit lower than 100k or your opponents usually have low HP (lower than 1 million), you may consider Deflection. Regeneration only gives 50k HP per proc so it's not very helpful when your HP is high (over 2 million), but it worked well on me so I kept it.
        Goddess blessing. It is by far the best astral in the game.

        Goddess > Patk > Patk+Pen > other junk.

        Most players forego the defense astrals at later game and opt for regen/deflect astrals. Again, it's mostly pretty arbitrary beyond goddess.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Alsatia01 View Post
          ...Ranger is almost required for PVE events. If you're not fond of it, go for oracle and just keep a ranger with level 1 curse shot. Frost panther and the rabbit suck, the blood knight is... pretty mediocre...
          In my experience as knight, hunter is actually a better choice when you need to fight for long & still need to survive, but you also need to kill fast & can't waste too much time staying alive (shield/heal/etc.). Ranger is best for the "short battles" (wb, di, guild beast, bounty, etc.) but I fear to lose it before the end if there's absolutely no healer nor shielding around & fight lasts for more than 5 minutes. Oracle is the most versatile one, but he's too slow if you have no survival problem (just slow, not inadequate). Panther can increase whole team's ATK by a significant percentage (30% or higher), so he does have some shining points, although I wouldn't use him as his other skills are unimpressive & his size & animation is bad for my small (laptop) screen.

          Originally posted by Alsatia01 View Post
          ...Goddess blessing. It is by far the best astral in the game.

          Goddess > Patk > Patk+Pen > other junk.

          Most players forego the defense astrals at later game and opt for regen/deflect astrals. Again, it's mostly pretty arbitrary beyond goddess....
          I've found Determination to be my best as knight or archer (not as impressive as mage), though Goddess Blessing is still essential.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
            In my experience as knight, hunter is actually a better choice when you need to fight for long & still need to survive, but you also need to kill fast & can't waste too much time staying alive (shield/heal/etc.). Ranger is best for the "short battles" (wb, di, guild beast, bounty, etc.) but I fear to lose it before the end if there's absolutely no healer nor shielding around & fight lasts for more than 5 minutes. Oracle is the most versatile one, but he's too slow if you have no survival problem (just slow, not inadequate). Panther can increase whole team's ATK by a significant percentage (30% or higher), so he does have some shining points, although I wouldn't use him as his other skills are unimpressive & his size & animation is bad for my small (laptop) screen.
            I hadn't heard about panther being so powerful, I definitely should take another look at it. Good points on the ranger & hunter too, both are great eudaemon.

            Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
            I've found Determination to be my best as knight or archer (not as impressive as mage), though Goddess Blessing is still essential.
            Oh good thought, I completely forgot about determination. While I still think goddess is the best, I need to change my hierarchy -

            Goddess > Determination > Patk > Patk+Pen > other junk

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
              In my experience as knight, hunter is actually a better choice when you need to fight for long & still need to survive, but you also need to kill fast & can't waste too much time staying alive (shield/heal/etc.). Ranger is best for the "short battles" (wb, di, guild beast, bounty, etc.) but I fear to lose it before the end if there's absolutely no healer nor shielding around & fight lasts for more than 5 minutes. Oracle is the most versatile one, but he's too slow if you have no survival problem (just slow, not inadequate). Panther can increase whole team's ATK by a significant percentage (30% or higher), so he does have some shining points, although I wouldn't use him as his other skills are unimpressive & his size & animation is bad for my small (laptop) screen.
              Hunter does the best direct damage, but doesn't have any damage-increasing buffs to improve your own hits, so it really shines in eudaemon arena & bounties, but isn't as great in regular pve. Useful in pvp for the incendiary debuff though. The panther's damage buff is OK, but too short to be really good, so I prefer the ranger's cursed arrow or oracle's double buff with damnation and delphic. My advice for a knight is definitely to build up an oracle and a ranger, in that order of preference. The rest have their uses, but they're all niche players, I haven't actually carried anything but those two into a fight in months.

              Comment


              • #8
                Just some added notes ....

                1. If you skip heal block skill, you must also skip on reverse damage and Apollo. However, reverse damage itself has a low cap.

                2. Sylph - you got good info above, and this is probably the easiest thing to talk to other players about.

                3. Eud skill priorities. Batlle Oracle - upgrade santoria (increases percent of heal), Sanctuary Hunter - upgrade double-shot (near-Delphic attack every other turn), Wind Ranger - is all about the damage-increaser, which stays same (40%) regardless of upgrading

                4. Gem config. when I make a new character, I make the best 8 patk I can, and do level 5/6 gems for the rest. my next gem type is crit, which at lvl 11 I merge to patk/crit (make level 11 crit during gem event, get hp gem and convert to patk, merge).

                5. Stat-boosting astrals are best at early stages, and as you get stronger, the percent-based astrals become better. Also note that critical and block astrals are the easiest way to boost crit and block early on. The red crit/block astrals at level 5 = 1440, the crit/block gems at lvl 5 (all 8) = 704 + soul engraving boost

                Also, mire rune really helps you advance through the three crypts sooner (delays their attack bonuses). It also can be used in pvp and bloody invasion, as well as being a "quick-hit" at any time.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
                  Hunter does the best direct damage, but doesn't have any damage-increasing buffs to improve your own hits, so it really shines in eudaemon arena & bounties, but isn't as great in regular pve. Useful in pvp for the incendiary debuff though. The panther's damage buff is OK, but too short to be really good, so I prefer the ranger's cursed arrow or oracle's double buff with damnation and delphic. My advice for a knight is definitely to build up an oracle and a ranger, in that order of preference. The rest have their uses, but they're all niche players, I haven't actually carried anything but those two into a fight in months.
                  ranger shines when your stats are high enough not to worry about keeping him alive, or you are in a team effort with no shortage of support roles, or the fight is short enough not to need survival. he's not meant for weak players & starters. OP is still a starter. ranger would not be able to do what you've described for him until his stats are high enough. hunter is a much more balanced choice, & she works almost the same (above average but not the best performance) for players all the way from 200k to 11M. for an established player with decent stats, i'd probably suggest ranger. but for a starter, i'd think it too early to focus on ranger. that's something i've sadly learned the hard way.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X