What goes in to patch conversion?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What goes in to patch conversion?

Other than translation of the game? do you need to change any code in the game?

I'm just curious as to why it's taking so long for the patch to come out. i understand about testing it first on a test server or such and see if there is bugs.

but normally don't you use the whole game population to test out your bugs anyway? i notice you guys finally fix the "rise from the dead knight smack you x4 times more" bug.

i don't think i ever seen it again in arena. so that's good, maybe the patch just fixed it all.

I'm really curious as to other than translating the game over, do you actually modify any of the game code? if not, then what's taking so long? ... hum...if you not adding anything new on top of it. not sure why it's taking so long.

i understand patch 1.45 was broken into 3 part, and each part seem to be taking a while for it come out.

i notice that V 1.6 is already out for them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	V1.6patch.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	1733581

is it possible for us when we are done with V 1.45 , can we just skip v 1.5 and just stick v1.5 on top of v1.6 and have us upgraded to V 1.6 too

I love the new features in V 1.6.

not sure what goes into translation and why you translate certain things a certain way. but other than translation , what else do you need to get the patch onto our servers? promotional videos? tester try it out first for 2 months? then crank it out? ...hum....

just curious..
    Have a problem? Submit your Ticket .

also, there are plenty players willing to help to speed up the patching i guess ^.^
    Have a problem? Submit your Ticket .

Comment

Do me a favor and check your PMs please.
      This Forum Admin is no more. He has ceased to be. He's expired and gone on to other work. He's a stiff. If R2 hadn't ignored him he'd still be employed. Bereft of work he lives in peace. His forum duties are now history. He's off the twig, he's kicked the bucket, he's shuffled off these forums, run down the thread count, and joined the ex-R2Games Employees Club. This is an ex-Forum Admin.

Comment

Originally posted by R2CS_Stormaggedon View Post
        Do me a favor and check your PMs please.
        do me a favor can u change your bounty quest esp the orange and "kill same monster for 10-30x" to something else.. it's really bad for higher lvl
        ☣CAIN☣

Comment

Working...
        X