Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Poll - Class War Should each fight be extended or now?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll - Class War Should each fight be extended or now?

I would like to see what the forum reaction is to extending the fights in the CW by one minute. I will keep it simple with just two options - Extend fights by one minute, or leave things as they are.

Excuse my typing error in the title - now should be not!
    Yes - This is a good idea!
    16.67%
    No - Leave things as they are
    83.33%
    Last edited by Howie1; 02-22-2016, 01:24 AM.

Originally posted by Howie1 View Post
    I would like to see what the forum reaction is to extending the fights in the CW by one minute. I will keep it simple with just two options - Extend fights by one minute, or leave things as they are.

Excuse my typing error in the title - now should be not!
    I vote no.

I have a few reasons why. Class Wars is already long enough ~50 minutes. Extending it by one minute per fight may extend it to only ~65-70 minutes, but it's going to ruin the timetable for other events, and it may not solve the issue of prolonged battles. I would much prefer the same amount of time, but with increased damage-increase intervals; 15 seconds instead of 30 seconds before each ramp. At the one minute mark (100% currently), the fight would already be at 200%, which should ensure each fight ends with an actual death.

Comment

the time right now is good for 2 reason: A weaker player can win by being superior in strat, extending it would make stronger players win 9/10 times. And adding 1 min would add 15min more, think most have difficulty at 45min to do well(I usually lose focus around 30min mark ).

I have nothing against not winning by death, cause it's a active choice I take when sylphing: Should I go for death win, or aim for dmg win? Don't remove yet another strat choice.

Comment

I voted no as well. It's long as it is. Would be nice if some "real" matching was made.
        Vicious! Approach with Caution!
        Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
        Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
        Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

What R2 needs to do is start making some of the clothing Titles Patk/matk and make some mounts Def.
          That way we won`t get this ridiculous scenario where most (if like me) Have nearly as much Def as attack stats, (I`ve also seen many out there with way more def than attack).
          This just leads to never ending fights in arena and BG if 2 ppl are pretty evenly matched :/
          BUT yeah longer fights might not resolve anything with things as they are now so I would vote keep it as it is now.

Comment

I think that percentage should go up faster. Maybe start with 200% buff. Maybe start with 0 and add 50% each turn. BGs and arena's fight of an equal players can last till 300% (7 minutes, more than twice long than allowed) or even longer. So, fights should be shorter. Building percentage faster is good way to solve it.
            But do devs really care?

Comment

3 minutes per battle is very much enough for most people to endure.
              this long battle issue is inherent in this game even before there was sylphs & level cap was 60.
              the root cause is that HP always grows significantly faster & in larger scale than ATK. in an even match, neither side can easily kill the other.
              with most people having higher RES than RES reduction, the damage is even lower.
              adding 3 more targets of comparable HP (1 eudy & 2 sylph troops), & many players use healers/healing skills & runes/bloodsuckers, the amount of total HP to kill off is simply too much for the much smaller amount of ATK & RES reduction.
              it's probably time to increase the damage multiplier, or open up new sources of ATK.

Comment

Originally posted by DemonRockstar View Post
                What R2 needs to do is start making some of the clothing Titles Patk/matk and make some mounts Def.
                That way we won`t get this ridiculous scenario where most (if like me) Have nearly as much Def as attack stats, (I`ve also seen many out there with way more def than attack).
                This just leads to never ending fights in arena and BG if 2 ppl are pretty evenly matched :/
                BUT yeah longer fights might not resolve anything with things as they are now so I would vote keep it as it is now.
                The idea to mix up the stat that titles give is a good one I think, BUT: what's a ridiculous scenario about having more defense than attack?
                Chars that won CW in knights almost always had more PDEF than PATK - for way longer than there even were mount titles. And I don't see how it is ridiculous, it adds strategy options - why do you wanna make the game about "Who does most damage?" when it can just as easily be about "Who takes least damage?". It's a player choice, and it should be - making the game to a "who hits hardest" contest would make it dull and one-dimensional.
                Whiners gotta whine...

Comment

in real war u dont see a timer and ppl healing to win u drop a bomb ur dead make this class wars the same take away all heals and only use damage wen timer hits zero and both alive its a draw and give points for this

Comment

Just for the <expletive> of it, I dive my guys right in as a "Last Man Standing" match: no heals, all attack skills. I don't believe matches should last that long, but also, I am not in for the quickies either. 45 second to 90 battles are good for me as it will keep either side on their toes to the point they just give up and let it go to the end. Anything less than 15 second battles, matching should seriously be reconsidered.

But Xharry005x, I like your idea and I am wishing R2 would implement a draw system. That way, we can probably drop the complaints on how this or that affects the outcome. If both parties are left standing, then call it that, and give some points to move on to the next.
                    Vicious! Approach with Caution!
                    Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
                    Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
                    Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Working...
                    X