Scale down the farm, PLEASE!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scale down the farm, PLEASE!!!

You went out of your way in making the farm smaller in its own window, which is okay since I kinda like flipping through farms/pastures of friends without leaving the campfire. However, there are some aspects I would like to request to make it better:

Field of Clicking - Animal
    I am going to start with this one first since I do like to go pet the animals. Seems like the animals have that extended range when you point near them to harvest and to start up the next session. An animal can be literally feet away while clicking the one next to it, only to see the previous animal with the speedup/sell icons flashing on it. If possible, could we fix the field where its focused on the animal and not beyond it (long range) so we can easily click on each in that small field? I felt the animals are slightly small than the old farm system, but the field of clicking needs to be corrected to scale as well.

Pointer Size and Shape
    Do we really need a "big aѕѕ" pointer in the farm/pasture screen? It really sticks out like a sore thumb and makes clicking on crops/animals very hard, especially when the first suggestion's problem is present. Again, I think it was that size when it was on the old farm system, but since the screen is smaller (okay in a window), could we scale that down as well?

Position of Speedup/Sell Icons

Okay, this one is what I have a problem with. As the health based icons (sick/frightened/harvest milk/feed status) are above the animal, the sell/speedup icons are right on top (as in, on its body) of the animal. This makes quick clicking very difficult as I am presented with either the speed up or sell animal confirmation boxes which can get frustrating at times, especially if one is in a hurry to log off after harvesting. My request is either of the following: a. putting the icons at the same level as the heath based icons, or b. taking them off and making two buttons to be placed on the farm view screen where players can click on either to speed up or sell an animal (each one) that they must click onto and confirm.

In the End
    I am sure someone will present themselves and tell me if I wanted to harvest that I must get the spirit covenant or the auto-farm item. However, I am not looking to buy either and would think it's a poor gimmick and attempt to spend. I am looking to having a feature fixed so everyone can enjoy it at least. Thanks.
    Vicious! Approach with Caution!
    Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
    Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
    Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

I'm a little confused, do you mean scale up? As in, make the window larger? I don't really have a problem clicking any of the farm things, but I have a pretty large resolution so.... that may be a factor. Most people seem to say everything is way too small.

Comment

All good suggestions, but like you noted, they can get money from suckers by inflicting calculated misery. They even made farm collecting deliberately worse before introducing the SC fast-collect option, so it's pretty clear they have no interest in making things easier for us, unless we want to spend an extra $13 a month.

Comment

Originally posted by Alsatia01 View Post
        I'm a little confused, do you mean scale up? As in, make the window larger? I don't really have a problem clicking any of the farm things, but I have a pretty large resolution so.... that may be a factor. Most people seem to say everything is way too small.
        Well they could scale up but that would mean they would have to recode the entire window size to fit it all in. The "field of clicking" (or range) on one animal is so big that it feels it has a force field all around it. I could literally click about 5-7 feet (or in computer pixels, about 150-200 pix) in front of it (relative to size), and it will still click for that animal, even if you went for the one next to it; which is totally a pain in the rear.

Comment

Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
          Well they could scale up but that would mean they would have to recode the entire window size to fit it all in. The "field of clicking" (or range) on one animal is so big that it feels it has a force field all around it. I could literally click about 5-7 feet (or in computer pixels, about 150-200 pix) in front of it (relative to size), and it will still click for that animal, even if you went for the one next to it; which is totally a pain in the rear.
          It seems like you're saying that the clickable area is too large, not the actual size of the farm. Just because you scale up the size of the farm, does not mean you scale up the clickable area with it. That, and resizing a window or panel is less than one line of code in AS3/Flash; in this case, they may just need to remove some pieces of code, not add any.

I liked the size of the farm before the patch, it was just the running around part that got annoying.
          Last edited by Alsatia01; 02-29-2016, 07:01 PM.

Comment

I rather have the old farm back, to be honest, but that's just me. When I used to do image programming and tagging, it would be on the size of the image and not on the size of the extra space (you don't have to devote a large field to tag a pic in saying that's the person when the field on that actual person in the pic will just suffice). If I were to make a collage, I would want to be able to click on that image alone to get a closer look, not have a large enough field that it makes clicking the surrounding images difficult; same for every image in said collage. That's what it is in this case. I could be clicking a cow about 2 animals up and would get the 2nd animal down below instead (and sometimes with my rapid clicking, I would inadvertently sell that animal). If it were to be me in programming a clickable field, it would be center mass with no regard to any limbs, tail, or head; but also at the same time, I would best try not to program the images so close to each other that they can be all harvested, taken care of, and fed without problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Alsatia01 View Post
              It seems like you're saying that the clickable area is too large, not the actual size of the farm. Just because you scale up the size of the farm, does not mean you scale up the clickable area with it. That, and resizing a window or panel is less than one line of code in AS3/Flash; in this case, they may just need to remove some pieces of code, not add any.

I liked the size of the farm before the patch, it was just the running around part that got annoying.
              When the pasture was bigger, it was a lot easier to click on each animal. So the problem is that the clickable area around the animal is the same size, while the space they're crammed into is a lot smaller. This game has click field problems all over the place, though, so I have little confidence they even could fix the farm, much less that they would.

Comment

Working...
              X