World Boss HP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Boss HP

PLEASE double the world boss hp already. Getting less than 3 full rounds is ridiculous. The HP has always been the same but we are much stronger now and it's time to increase it.

Originally posted by Spanky28 View Post
    PLEASE double the world boss hp already. Getting less than 3 full rounds is ridiculous. The HP has always been the same but we are much stronger now and it's time to increase it.
    They can't feasibly increase the health.

Originally posted by Alsatia01 View Post
    World boss health grows exponentially, if you didn't notice. World boss at the moment has what, roughly 1.16billion health? An unsigned 32-byte integer has exactly 2,147,483,648. In other words - we could have a 2.1billion HP world boss instead of a 1.16b; which is still nothing. You might be able to make the argument that they should use an unsigned 8-byte integer (which flash doesn't have), an unsigned 4-byte integer (which some flash versions don't support, and wouldn't fix the problem anyway), or perhaps a floating point number - which would be one hell of a an undertaking switching it in code. There's not exactly an easy solution to the answer of the world boss health, aside from changing the damage to gold ratio.

Comment

I would say, tell your people to be not so powerful when doing the WB, but no one would listen.

As Alsatia had pointed out, I was going to say the same since increasing the boss' HP would mean an overflow (or in the world of calculators and formulas, basically having a number with an "E+" within) error waiting to happen and the event crashing.

Sorry about your luck.
      Vicious! Approach with Caution!
      Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
      Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
      Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Then add a heal buff to WBs, like this: he will heal 100M HP every minute. Or any number that works, that way the WBs could last 10 -15 minutes always.

OR: WBs will heal to full HP every minute, but will have a count down, at 15 min the WBs event will end.

Comment

Originally posted by Anubi0s View Post
          Then add a heal buff to WBs, like this: he will heal 100M HP every minute. Or any number that works, that way the WBs could last 10 -15 minutes always.

OR: WBs will heal to full HP every minute, but will have a count down, at 15 min the WBs event will end.
          That's a problem because the newer servers will never kill the WB, even if they started to get somewhere. R2 is all about generics, not specifics. For them, it is one size fits all technique. They figured what worked in one server/region/advancement should work in others. And that's why it is in the mess it is in.

Comment

Originally posted by Anubi0s View Post

Also a fabulous idea, one you've mentioned before. I need to remember to quote you whenever the topic comes up again.

Comment

Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
              That's a problem because the newer servers will never kill the WB, even if they started to get somewhere. R2 is all about generics, not specifics. For them, it is one size fits all technique. They figured what worked in one server/region/advancement should work in others. And that's why it is in the mess it is in.
              Excuse me for being so bold as to point out something so basic to a forum groupie BUT what on earth does the highlighted phrase have to do with anything? So what if new server players are unable to kill the WB, they still earn gold and daru whilst making hits. Isn't this the conclusion of every player entering the WB even if twice a day, to gain daru and gold?
              Last edited by lockslips; 03-02-2016, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lockslips View Post
                Excuse me for being so bold as to point out something so basic to a forum groupie BUT what on earth does the highlighted phrase have to do with anything? So what if new server players are unable to kill the WB, they still earn gold and daru whilst making hits. Isn't this the conclusion of every player entering the WB even if twice a day, to gain daru and gold?
                I agree. If people run out of time, they can just leave the world boss.

In fact, I have a better idea. Why not just give everyone their own personal world boss? It would still take me quite a while to kill a 1.16 billion health boss. Of course, the event would still only last an hour, or whatever. It does kind of ruin the idea of the 'lucky hit' but honestly.... does anyone really care all that much about it?
                Last edited by Alsatia01; 03-02-2016, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Instead of having 1 WB with more hp or a self-healing WB (neither of which is good for newer servers), we can have the same WB auto-respawn if it is killed in under 5 minutes, and each respawn still gives the Mortal Blow title to the last hitter. For newer servers, the smaller WB and last hit bonus (and title) are still important. For older servers where everyone gets a few million gold/daru per round, it wouldn't hurt R2 to just give out an extra last hit bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by Alsatia01 View Post
                    They can't feasibly increase the health.
                    You lost me lol, but even if it was increased to just 2.1B it would somewhat satisfy people.

Comment

You lost me lol, but even if it was increased to just 2.1B it would somewhat satisfy people.
                      I disagree. 1.16b to 2.1b would still be less than 5 minutes on my server (depending on the turnout).

Comment

Originally posted by lockslips View Post
                        Read the next 2 phrases RIGHT after what you highlighted, mate. Want an example of such? Think of ToK Easy that is supposed to be "easy" with a minimum level requirement of 38.

Now, I am sure you were once a new player as I was long ago. Remember the first time you hit the world boss? Remember that it took nearly a month before a solid player base finally defeated it? Remember the times you had when engaging finding out who will get the "mortal blow" title and get an extra bit more gold that makes it fun for rivals to go after?

Oh I don't mind the regenerating WB since our server is going to fall the same way the other "way-overpowered" servers are. However, what about the new servers that had to work on their builds to finally kick some <expletive> only to find out that the WB gets 100 mil HP regenerating every minute? If R2 keeps forth with their "generic" ways, it's going to happen in the same way that ToK is not playable by 98% of the players, making it another "worthless" event to attend.

Instead of having 1 WB with more hp or a self-healing WB (neither of which is good for newer servers), we can have the same WB auto-respawn if it is killed in under 5 minutes, and each respawn still gives the Mortal Blow title to the last hitter. For newer servers, the smaller WB and last hit bonus (and title) are still important. For older servers where everyone gets a few million gold/daru per round, it wouldn't hurt R2 to just give out an extra last hit bonus.
                        Now, I like this idea that I don't see a problem with it. Considerate and careful programming will be required to ensure it can respawn after the elapsed time (5 minutes) so it doesn't glitch out the others in progress (other server's WBs); you don't want to whack 1 bar of the boss only to find out it respawned to full health; or killing 3/4s of one and tada, full health. And we all know R2. Asking this is like feeling miracles do happen, which we know it's a load of <expletive>.

Comment

bloodfang 3 to 4 round weekdays, 1.5 rounds weekends
                          redoga 1.5 rounds 7 days a week.

we all want the WB health raised to atleast 5x current level and they can do it .. if WB dies in under lets say 10 min its HP is increase and will so daily till it survives over 10 minutes

or just make a time limit based WB with set rewards for different damages dealt
                          Cyanide
                          Server: R2Games S230 Cross Chasm (Oceanic)
                          Guild: Sicario

Comment

Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
                            Oh I don't mind the regenerating WB since our server is going to fall the same way the other "way-overpowered" servers are. However, what about the new servers that had to work on their builds to finally kick some <expletive> only to find out that the WB gets 100 mil HP regenerating every minute? If R2 keeps forth with their "generic" ways, it's going to happen in the same way that ToK is not playable by 98% of the players, making it another "worthless" event to attend.
                            I completely disagree.

Let's say for the sake argument, that these new servers would be incapable of killing the world boss, because it healed too fast. Why is that a problem exactly? It would be, by far, the best event in the history of events; as much gold and daru as you could get in an hour? I wish we had a world boss that fabulous. If you don't want to spend an hour smacking the world boss? Don't spend that long doing it then.

I don't see how R2 could 'generic' their way into making the world boss into an unplayable event, unless they buff the damage the world boss does 10 thousand fold; which I highly doubt will happen. Comparing it to ToK isn't even a remotely accurate comparison. ToK you only get rewards from killing the enemies completely. World boss you get rewards regardless; and you get an almost laughable amount of gold/daru for the finishing rewards, and for the final hit. The only semi-decent argument I could possibly see, is that they would miss out on the 'Mortal Blow' title.
                            Last edited by Alsatia01; 03-03-2016, 12:21 AM.

Comment

I think it just comes down to R2 being too lazy.

They just need to make the WB last 15 minutes on each server by having a HP regen that responds to how much damage is being dealt to it. It should only take a simple related rates formula that can be implemented. If 30+ players are doing 100+ million damage per round, you just need to mitigate the damage with WB heals/regen in order to increase the lifespan. Seriously, this is simple calculus that a 1st semester calc student should be able to do... I could do it myself if I had the desire to review related rates... which I don't. I enjoyed integral calculus more...

Comment

Working...
                              X