Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

STOP before you make another life changing UPDATE,READ THIS!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by R27377783 View Post
    and I stand by it. Not because its "me" but because of what their disagreeing with, and also because of their conclusions and the maturity level of the remarks. they(the ones I'm applying this to) never intended to have a respectful conversation.
    Respect is earned not given, and while I would freely admit that people have not shown respect to you or your ideas, you've pretty much done the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
      Thought basic counting was at the pre-school level since you did kind of failed that with the word "Salvage" in saying it's six letters instead of the actual seven that it is.
      as noted by the forum dude, salvage has 7 letters so in case it is one letter too many I now suggest the word be changed to "REDEEM" now were back to six letters. No obvious reference to ownership and no mistake something should come back to the player for this and as for story tellers it could easily mean the Eudaemon fulfilled its chore or pennance..whatever caused it to come to the players aid is forgiven. well it may not be so obvious that you lose the Eduaemon but after that first click it'll be all too clear...meh I'll keep searching for something better.

Comment

okay you got me. go ahead and reveal to the world my lie.
        I don't have to. You do a great job at it yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by AdaJames View Post
          The fact you believe that I am replying to you in order to bait you reveals that you are lying about your point.
          This is the longest thread I've seen, with a lot of off-topic forum bashing, kinda fun though but getting very boring now. We all are trying to enjoy a stupid game and some person should NOT ruin it for us all. So my advice is to start ignoring this fool like this:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Excuse_613005_1338981.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	155.4 KB
ID:	1724975
          Quote 1 : If the enemy crouches down on last bit of health, then aim your arrow at the butt. Plortch!!! ;)
          Quote 2 : Over the years Wartune did get better: Wartune>Lagtune>Bugtune>Nerftune>Stresstune>Hatetune>??? :confused:

Comment

and I stand by it. Not because its "me" but because of what their disagreeing with, and also because of their conclusions and the maturity level of the remarks. they(the ones I'm applying this to) never intended to have a respectful conversation.
            You think you know it all huh? Either you're a spoiled brat or someone with a bad childhood and you look like the typical attention skank to me.

I can only offer you one of these 3 :

Now please shut the hell up!!!

If I was a mod I would've closed this thread already. Can a mod please, for God's sake, close this thread now? Please?
            Last edited by MemoryLane; 05-27-2016, 12:47 PM. Reason: image removed due to profanity
            Quote 1 : If the enemy crouches down on last bit of health, then aim your arrow at the butt. Plortch!!! ;)
            Quote 2 : Over the years Wartune did get better: Wartune>Lagtune>Bugtune>Nerftune>Stresstune>Hatetune>??? :confused:

Comment

• If I was a mod I would've closed this thread already. Can a mod please, for God's sake, close this thread now? Please?
              Yep I second that. This tele-novella is getting too boring as it is that it is sounding much more like a broken record.
              Vicious! Approach with Caution!
              Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
              Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
              Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

your wrong, this something IS IN THE GAME it doesn't matter to me that its there out of sheer negligence IN fact to me that makes it worse. I'll decide when and what offends me, what does or doesn't offend YOU and why is YOUR call.
                The Sell button is in the game, yes. Literally nothing else actually in the game supports your argument that they're slaves. You are the one who has assigned significance to the eudaemons beyond what the game gives us. Since the game leaves it open to interpretation, anyone can invent any story they like to explain the mechanics. The mechanics therefore should take precedence over whatever fan fiction you come up with.
                You've shown you can create alternate stories if the button name is changed, all you need to do is stop fixating on slavery, make up a new story to go with Sell, and you can be happy again! It's not likely the game will change, so you're better off changing your interpretation. Be free from the prison you have placed yourself in.

Originally posted by R27377783 View Post
                I know your trying to be clever here but it really doesn't matter who makes up a straw man argument. It remains a straw man no matter who is using. In fact one deceitful purpose of such tactic is to make the pointless argument gather significance among the less discerning so they increase the clamor and distraction level of the meaningless turn of the discussion.
                No no no no no no. Per wikipedia:
                A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not advanced by that opponent.

So if you agree that you have used a straw man, you are agreeing that you have made up an opinion the other person did not espouse. I admit I was being clever, but next time you're not completely sure what something is, just look it up.
                There can be a fine line between a straw man and reductio ad absurdum (which was probably what you were aiming for). If your opponent's argument can be easily refined to eliminate your counter, it's a straw man.

This thread has gone on long enough, though. I know I shouldn't have stuck with it this far, but it's like junk food to argue trivialities sometimes. I'll try to keep from feeding it any more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drabis View Post
                  You think you know it all huh? Either you're a spoiled brat or someone with a bad childhood and you look like the typical attention skank to me.

I can only offer you one of these 3 :

[ATTACH=CONFIG]162613[/ATTACH]

Now please shut the hell up!!!

If I was a mod I would've closed this thread already. Can a mod please, for God's sake, close this thread now? Please?
                  Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
                  Yep I second that. This tele-novella is getting too boring as it is that it is sounding much more like a broken record.
                  so...you and a few others disagree with the premise of one aspect of the post, and don't "like" the attitude of the OP so naturally it should be closed? This is the stonewalling logic you both have accused me of using...you guys really consider this forum your "home" eh? lol the hypocrisy is real :P I ask you,two and any mod observing the conversation, when/where did the OP or the topic itself violate the TOS or give it a legitimate cause to be closed? I have a counter proposal though, block this thread from any further comment from users who are obviously trolling the thread..if thats possible, let see who's posts abruptly stop appearing if this audit happens. As far as I am aware none of my posts/replies here have been removed or edited by mods. Can either of you say the same? Maybe the best choice for either of you is to simply stop contributing to this thread, especially since your opinions have already been noted/accepted.
                  Last edited by R27377783; 05-27-2016, 01:10 PM.

Comment

• Okay, R-something. I don't know if you got a few screws loose or are a few cards short of a deck because none of us can really get your "logic" in your tele-novellas. None of us had associated selling a Eud with slavery, with exploitation, or with human trafficking. It is you who made it a big deal for a game just because you take offense. Then you brought my family into this because you know you can't win a simple argument with me. Now, you're trying (which you failed by the way) to see how I will react when you mentioned "white vans" into the mix. You know what I do with white vans, my friend? I just roll up right next to one and see if they got "free candy" and chloroform. Some took offense to it, but it's the stereotype that made them famous to this very day. Can't really blame me, now can you?

And if you feel that by telling me that I am going off-topic I would feel bad about it; answer's probably "no" since it is probably my purpose to stray away from the "politically correctness" you are spewing; and like I had said before and I will say again, political talk has no place on these forums. So go play activist elsewhere because no one wants to hear it; not on these forums for sure.

Now, I am hoping a mod will shut this down since it is going nowhere. I don't even care if you down grade me all the way until the cows come home. I will just laugh and take it as a form of you not growing up because you were not getting your way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drabis View Post
                      This is the longest thread I've seen, with a lot of off-topic forum bashing, kinda fun though but getting very boring now. We all are trying to enjoy a stupid game and some person should NOT ruin it for us all. So my advice is to start ignoring this fool like this:
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]162605[/ATTACH]
                      so let me get this right..you feel that if the devs decided to alter the button to say something else but it does the same thing it will ruin your fun for the game? I never said I am not enjoying the game or that anyone shoud stop having fun with playing the game. I don't see how any of the OP can be construed as an attempt to end the "fun" of the game. Even if I decide the game is not fun anymore for myself (which I haven't) because of something going on in it of my own dislike, I don't see how my feelings/concerns in any way should effect YOUR fun for the game..especially if you didn't even react to the issues I pointed out in any way similarly "negative" as my reaction. Even if the devs themselves adopted my opinion and changed the button but not the mechanics, if you really don't have an opinion of the button and the implications I've grafted over the use of the word on the button are just insignificant fantasies/belief traps with no impact on the preferred game mechanics and no basis in real life problems..then how could it effect your "fun?" This is what I'm not understanding or buying about many of the comments on this thread. IF you truly disagree the correlation has any merit and have no opinion on the matter at hand, how does that issue or this topic even concern you enough to comment more than once about it? I promise not to raise any argument or rebuttal to any of your replies to this question. You have the floor.
                      Last edited by R27377783; 05-27-2016, 01:30 PM.

Comment

so...you and a few others disagree with the premise of one aspect of the post, and don't "like" the attitude of the OP so naturally it should be closed? This is the stonewalling logic you both have accused me of using...you guys really consider this forum your "home" eh? lol the hypocrisy is real :P I ask you,two and any mod observing the conversation, when/where did the OP or the topic itself violate the TOS or give it a legitimate cause to be closed? I have a counter proposal though, block this thread from any further comment from users who are obviously trolling the thread..if thats possible, let see who's posts abruptly stop appearing if this audit happens. As far as I am aware none of my posts/replies here have been removed or edited by mods. Can either of you say the same? Maybe the best choice for either of you is to simply stop contributing to this thread, especially since your opinions have already been noted/accepted.
                        If you want to get extremely technical, this thread jumped off course starting with post #2 and never recovered. If you want to look at it from an actual moderation standpoint, you brought back a 2 month dead topic, and admittedly I should have closed it then. After doing some cleanup, we spoke about your intentions with this thread, and I told you no more posts would be removed (unless they are profane- that is a rule that is non-negotiable). You can decide when you would like this thread closed, but it is a public discussion thread and all members of the community are allowed to post their thoughts in response to your comments, even if their response is to a portion of your comment that would otherwise be deemed as off topic.

I do agree that a more appropriate choice for the community would be to ignore this thread and let it drop back into an inactive state.
                        New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

• Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
                          Then you brought my family into this because you know you can't win a simple argument with me.
                          oh I created that scenario because you started talking about you could sell my *** which I took to mean some kind of irl taunt. So it was an escalation of the hypothetical personal taunt you started with your "what you gonna say" etc..diatribe. The only thing I did differently than you was disassociate myself so as not to appear some kind of threatening remark(as yours was) then at least bring it back into context with the game and issue at hand. Enjoy your own medicine buddy. I prefer to keep my discussion here on topic and in the context of the game and its forum. Anything else is too much of a waste of..well..everything.

Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
                          And if you feel that by telling me that I am going off-topic I would feel bad about it; answer's probably "no" since it is probably my purpose to stray away from the "politically correctness" you are spewing; and like I had said before and I will say again, political talk has no place on these forums. So go play activist elsewhere because no one wants to hear it; not on these forums for sure.
                          I can't say I'm really concerned with how you "feel" in any significant sense. "Probably?!?" No, definitely this was what I've suspected since your first response to my original post. You are trolling to derail the topic and probably in hopes of getting the thread closed. I don't see why the mods don't close your account. But as they explained to me they try to be lenient here with users. Thats their choice. You shouldn't abuse it. You already mentioned your not really even playing the game lately..maybe you should rethink your intentions of yet still participating here in the game's forums and apparently claiming them as your own to decide whats discussed.
                          Last edited by R27377783; 05-27-2016, 01:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
                            If you want to get extremely technical, this thread jumped off course starting with post #2 and never recovered. If you want to look at it from an actual moderation standpoint, you brought back a 2 month dead topic, and admittedly I should have closed it then. After doing some cleanup, we spoke about your intentions with this thread, and I told you no more posts would be removed (unless they are profane- that is a rule that is non-negotiable). You can decide when you would like this thread closed, but it is a public discussion thread and all members of the community are allowed to post their thoughts in response to your comments, even if their response is to a portion of your comment that would otherwise be deemed as off topic.

I do agree that a more appropriate choice for the community would be to ignore this thread and let it drop back into an inactive state.
                            Well I'd say unless the current thread as it appears is a reflection of moderation and not as it first appeared) #2 was an expression of a semi legitimate concern that such an implementation as suggested might be too much for the mechanics of the game to handle..I just felt it was too much speculation about the technical capabilities of the developers (I for one have no idea what they are technically capable of) to serve as a basis for discounting the ideas themselves. I'd probably id post#4 or the first sign of unnecessary commentary,trolling and disrespect of the post itself. While the respondent was entitled to their sentiment of disregard for the issue they didn't even bother to qualify or justify the comment with an argument, and could have left without leaving the non contributing comment.(Now I know that the goal in this forum does not have to be as a contribution though so I understand why this could be a normalized kind of response.) I'm not saying it started a trend to normalize trolling the thread I wont make that speculation but I'd say it was the first example of it.
                            I didn't realize there would be a participation time frame for open topics, and I had/have other obligations that prevented me from truly addressing(or so I thought I could) the unnecessary tone of the responses the post got concerning a single issue in the post. I'll have to try to keep in mind that a smaller window of time is a factor in the expected activity level of a thread for future reference. I expect to need to put links in the OP but other than that I never really put alot of intention in discussing or arguing to defend or flesh out my opinions on the issues I raised especially one that is so inalienably my own to possess. As of now though unless I can still edit my OP I'd prefer it not to be closed at this time. If anyone read the OP it is clearly meant more as an address to developers and not so much the community but it seemed inappropriate to put such a comprehensive suggestion in a ticket..I fully intend to use the "close" feature in the near future for this and actually any of my posts...if it turns out I can close them myself which I didn't know. IF you feel its preferable to make suggestions directly in a ticket I would do that, I don't think there is anything to be gained in sharing my ideas with such a lousy group of gamers who wont even think about the greater purpose of the post in the first place.. Moving on from that I have to interpret what your saying is that in essence the way to get a post/thread I don't like closed no matter how relevant and benign its topic and OP's intentions...is to start a wave of trolling it with only barely relevant and inflammatory personal character assassinating and speculative remarks and hopefully wear down the OP so they leave the post unattended for too long? Duly noted. I'm willing to learn how things go in any forum I care to visit if I am given enough time to adjust. Once again thank you for overseeing this post,the forum in general and replying to my invitation to comment MemoryLane and your team. I've seen some under-moderated forums in my time, so your efforts are appreciated even if they don't always immediately suit my personal wishes. I don't know for sure if I had any replies that were moderated to deletion but in the state I was replying in to some of the respondents I can imagine having gone overboard a few times. The responses made me far more agitated than the original issues, of that I'm sure. Like I said in a previous reply I'm ashamed I was surprised by this response. I expected far heavier and more legitimate resistance to my concept of allowing the players to form ( war parties*didn't get to that yet I think.) and deploy war squadrons(of regular troops) led by Eudaemons in certain parts of the game.
                            Last edited by R27377783; 05-27-2016, 03:12 PM.

Comment

I didn't realize there would be a participation time frame for open topics, and I had/have other obligations that prevented me from truly addressing(or so I thought I could) the unnecessary tone of the responses the post got concerning a single issue in the post. I'll have to try to keep in mind that a smaller window of time is a factor in the expected activity level of a thread for future reference. I expect to need to put links in the OP but other than that I never really put alot of intention in discussing or arguing to defend or flesh out my opinions on the issues I raised especially one that is so inalienably my own to possess. As of now though unless I can still edit my OP I'd prefer it not to be closed at this time. If anyone read the OP it is clearly meant more as an address to developers and not so much the community but it seemed inappropriate to put such a comprehensive suggestion in a ticket..I fully intend to use the "close" feature in the near future for this and actually any of my posts...if it turns out I can close them myself which I didn't know. IF you feel its preferable to make suggestions directly in a ticket I would do that, I don't think there is anything to be gained in sharing my ideas with such a lousy group of gamers who wont even think about the greater purpose of the post in the first place.. Moving on from that I have to interpret what your saying is that in essence the way to get a post/thread I don't like closed no matter how relevant and benign its topic and OP's intentions...is to start a wave of trolling it with only barely relevant and inflammatory personal character assassinating and speculative remarks and hopefully wear down the OP so they leave the post unattended for too long? Duly noted. I'm willing to learn how things go in any forum I care to visit if I am given enough time to adjust. Once again thank you for overseeing this post,the forum in general and replying to my invitation to comment MemoryLane and your team. I've seen some under-moderated forums in my time, so your efforts are appreciated even if they don't always immediately suit my personal wishes.
                              You can't close your threads, only a moderator can do that. The OP of a thread can request closure at any time, for any reason. Threads can be closed by a moderator if the thread is deemed to break any of the rules of the forum or when a thread takes a destructive turn with no way to redeem it, which generally happens after it has gone off topic. Threads that have not had replies in months are considered dead. Posting a reply that doesn't really address something new, such as more evidence for an issue that was never resolved, but simply responding to bring the topic back to life, is considered a bumping of an old topic. Because the discussion picked back up so quickly, I decided to let it be. Sometimes people just need to banter with each other.

If you send in a suggestion through a ticket, you get told thank you and to post on the forum. All suggestions have an impact on the community, so it is appropriate to obtain community feedback for the suggestion. There are many suggestions made, and a lot of them aren't long-term beneficial, so they don't make it past the forum. The suggestions that do get forwarded to the devs are the ones where the community feels there is merit. We've forwarded some really silly suggestions plenty of times, simply because that's what the community wanted. The main difference between those silly suggestions and this one is the people who made those suggestions explained why they felt the suggestion was necessary, in a way that the community could relate to, and so the community did come around to see their side of things. You know what you told me about your intention with this thread, so I am sure you can compare the difference yourself.

I know you have your own style of writing, and I can appreciate that. However, if this suggestion ever did get supported, and thus forwarded, all I would be forwarding would be "Players suggest the Eudaemon "Sell" button be renamed to [insert decided word here], because "Sell" is [insert short phrase to sum up the main point]." The rest gets left behind because there's no way to translate it into something the developer will understand. All of the fluff undermines your efforts here, which is the main point everyone in this thread has been making, though not quite so nicely. Fleshing out a suggestion is fine, but you have to be able to summarize it all down into one line. If more than the one line is needed after that, it's there, but there should still be that one line that everyone can grab onto.

And no, trolling a thread with the intention of attempting to get the thread closed is not something that is allowed. We've spoken about that in pm already, but I will reiterate that when you take a passive-aggressive tone toward people who have given your suggestion feedback, it fuels the fire and the best thing to do is not address it so that a moderator can.
                              New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

• oh I created that scenario because you started talking about you could sell my *** which I took to mean some kind of irl taunt.
                                Oh boo hoo! Seriously, I don't see how that can be a real life taunt. I have been told much worse by many others in the past, and do I even phase on such? Nope, not a single one. Your problem is, that you take things way too seriously (and personal). Someone tells me that they are going to plunder me, I'd say "go right ahead" and will work on finding 5-25 members of their guild that I can feed on to recoup my losses (or gain profit since I kept my assets in animals).

I brought up that part because you brought up the fact that when sold (in game) it is almost in the same fashion as real life slavery is. When you attack my boy, I told you certain things I will not (along with my wife) have him do; you lost on that part. And then comes the "white van" stereotype which I turned it around into something funny (and yes I have been known to knock on the side panel of such for a laugh or two) which checks awareness to anyone wishing to do harm. Bottom line is, I don't really care if you get sold or not as it is not of my business. Just like I don't care if the "sell" button is existent since it is hurting nothing but your ego when you start equating a game to real life events/situations.

And Memory is right. YOU did brought up a 2-month subject back into revival that brought all the key players (and some others) back onto the discussion table. I can't really blame them if they decided to stick around and put you and your ego in your place.

Now, do me a favor and quit PMing me. I think I had made it clear I want nothing in what you say as I am not going to be regulated for someone's satisfaction and enjoyment. You already know how I celebrate holidays, so there is no need to punch further. You keep doing it, and I am going to report you for harassment. Consider this as my warning to you.

Comment

Working...
                                X