Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

STOP before you make another life changing UPDATE,READ THIS!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STOP before you make another life changing UPDATE,READ THIS!

The last few updates have been the epitome of taking "two steps forward and two steps back."
    This last time the step forward was making a way to deal with unwanted Eudaemons.
    The two steps back were: devolving the player farmsteads into a non-instance
    Making Cloud City into a huge scene that takes along time to traverse and removes some of the convenient NPCs.

I also even have issues with how the Eudaemon "Selling" system was deployed, I'll start with that:
    I think its unethical for there to be a button to "sell" Eudaemons. It reminds me of slavery. I don't know if these ar supposed to be demons or whatever but it sends a bad message anyway, especially since people tend to refer to them as "Kids" the result is people are encouraged to "sell" their "kids". All you had to do was turn the word into "dismiss" and I wouldn't even have thought about it. That said, I also am one of those who would have preferred if there would have been the option to merge two Eudaemons of the same class to get a single Eudaemon that has learned to be a better version and dismissing the other.
    I've come up with a better alternative option than both and that would have been if we had a good reason to KEEP some of those extra Eudaemons. The reason I came up with that would make this game awhole lot more interesting is if we could deploy them into squads with our reserve troops, and let them grind and fight for the players. Let them live up to their name as "guards". This need only be available in 4-6 places. Wilds,Farmstead/Player city(should go back to being "instances",3 + house in fact:Countryside,Farmstead with the hamlet and house,Castle/Wall Siege) Dimension war and Sylph atoll. This should be so that there is a real pvp war aspect to this game. There is a very specific way that should be implemented so I'm willing to spend the rest of this post describing it.

Eudaemons- Instance/persistence squads, and Troop Wars

Troops,Squads and deployment-
    Firstly the goal is not to make the game unbearable on players who aren't interested in a wargaming aspect. I notice that this game has been built to appeal to gamers of many different genre interests, that shouldn't change. But for those that DO want to have warfare, the Eudaemon squads are deployable with troops in certain instances. They can only operate in the instance they are deployed at until they are, eliminated,recalled or their deployment expires. They do not go through portals,enter cities or attack players unless the player is an "invader" such as in pvp city plunder/siege,dimension war or "Realm War" an event idea I will discuss in a different forum but its a faction/kingdom vs kingdom style weekly war event. That means players can attack them and the squads can attack monsters and other Kid squads, but not player characters*(they can harass though, see "Troops" section below) in Sylph Atolls,Wilds,or any other permanent common instances devs feel they could be deployed. I don't expect to see them in Battlegrounds, Amethyst mines,Guild Wars,SP Dungeons or MP dungeons..(remember low impact on other players not interested in wargaming.) But they can grind for players in Wilds and Atolls attacking npcs,sylphs,unoccupied goldmines and guard dimension corridors, and Farmstead/city siege instances that should be generated when a city is founded/moved and can be entered by the player to rearrange their defenses.(Yes put an end to the one hit plunders..well sort've those should become available for a week AFTER a siege has been successful and as a result of fighting in Guild Wars.)
    The squads are deployed as a squad in the instance wherever the player is standing that is their spawn point once the player has assigned the Eudaemons ot a mission. Before they are deployed all the decisions of how they will behave are done in whatever control panel or screen is used to assign them to troops. You give the Kid Squads the desired formation and check off their "orders" before deployment. The formations are: 2-4 Eudaemons no troops,1 Eudaemon troops in front,1 Eudaemon troops in back. The squad will appear on the screen based on what kid or troop is in front or leader position of 4 kid squads. Again they will not cross through portals or go into another instance once deployed unless recalled to the player and the player goes there themselves and then redeploys them. The troops they use remain counted as reserves so players will not be able to recruit more troops than their normal max by putting some in squads. This means players will still want to keep only the best Eudaemons,maybe some as decoys and dismiss/merge the rest.

Troops
    The troops strengths in this game need to be redistributed. So that every troop is fairly equal based on their levels. A level 70 lancer should be on par with a lvl 70 Demonic Knight as far as base stats. The only differences should be how they compliment the unit that leads them, and how the player has developed their troops specialties. This point allows players to feel unique and get into their characters more instead of having to use the same troops and tactics as everybody else using the same class of hero.
    -"Pot Shots" This is an extra field distance attack each class of troops gets to harass other units they encounter before actually engaging in direct combat. These attacks will be activated/countered automatically by ai sometimes, or by players using a push button feat when a unit in range is selected and ready to perform them. devs try not to get too carried away with these (again,LOW impact changes). These attacks steal % of hp,magic and rage and can stun poison units for any battle they fight soon afterward, to soften targets for fights and set up field gauntlets/strategies,like tanks in GB, but these % reductions should not be able to actually eliminate a unit completely.

Melee troops (Lancers,Paladins,Templars,Taurens,etc)-Encirclement.I imagined the push button feat to be a circle of duplicates appears around the target, if the target picks the correct unit they have blocked the encirclement and might stun the attacker.

Mounted/Flying troops-(Knights,Demonic Knights,Gryphon?) I see this as obviously the attacker charges a target stunning it. The attacker must choose a direction that determines where the squad is facing and how far away they land after the charge. This is good for facing multiple squads, and every successful charge allows them to keep charging other unit faster. The counter is if they are able to use a QTE or something to dodge the charge, and flank the mounties dealing severe penalties and stuns to the attackers, and breaking their charging momentum.

Ranged troops (Hunter,Eye of Yaros,Umbral Hunters, anything with a bow,or dart) longest physical ranged attack, can shoot at any targets within visual range unless obstructed, deal hp loss, can cause stuns in next battle. No way to avoid the shots, but other ranged units can automatically counterattack if they win a QTE/feat match, other targets can use "take cover" reaction feat/qte to end the sniper's attack but they are "pinned down" from moving across the field for a few moments (until the special attack ends.) As one can see the best way to deal with ranged troops is to get a unit close enough to engage them because a few of them can slow a large umber of troops from moving and living long. Magical units and Mounted units with their ability to chain together charge attacks and therefore move across a battlefield quickly are clearly the best option to go after them. While answering with your own archery units are a good way to counter them long enough for other units to catch them.

Magical troops (priest,angel,warlock,demonic angel,etc) get area effect and chain reaction/lightning attacks, to hurt or hinder enemy troops and or terrain(eg icing the ground to stop mounted charges and generally slow movement,raising walls of earth to block ranged attacks,firewalls to quickly sow destruction throughout an enemy horde) maybe some monster summoning/banishing effects too, and healing other units.These will be troops to have on hand to make up for holes left open in a defense setup.

K that is all for now..not all at once. Please consider these ideals seriously, and avoid half arsed implementations of them. Next Weeks suggestion box: Siege to Plunder battles,Capital Cities fun and Realm Wars.

*eats popcorn as WT lag becomes a thing of legend under those changes

How about you take WT, make it into a full fledged game a la Diablo and leave us poor bastards alone who actually just want to play a Flash game?

Comment

Okay, you lost me at "two steps forward, two steps back". What EXACTLY are you trying to suggest, again?
      Vicious! Approach with Caution!
      Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
      Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
      Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

It reminds me of slavery
        And that is where I realised I could stop reading. xD

Comment

Troops, seriously? Troops have been almost completely irrelevant for years now, it would be ridiculous to spend any time reworking them. Replacing them completely with a second eudaemon (or even third), or complete the change to using backup sylphs would make way more sense.
          I'm baffled that you think these are good suggestions, when the game is clearly dying for reasons totally unrelated to having a more complex system of troops & eudaemons.

Originally posted by R27377783 View Post
          The two steps back were: devolving the player farmsteads into a non-instance
          You want to bring back the useless need to run around the farms to harvest? Are you insane? Given that you devoted a full paragraph to the wrongness of the word "Sell", I'm not ruling that out. Also, "kids" is a term that players carried over from the Chinese Wartune, here they are guardian spirits, not even human, so you really have no cause to complain about the "slavery" of non-existent children.

Comment

Currently, I don't even like the new farm system. It sucks donkey <expletive>. I am still clicking on livestock that is like 10-20 feet away all due to their click field. When I am up for it, I will make a video to be shown.

But on troops, I hardly had a need for them in much later stages. Sure, they were useful as fodder and meat shields, but they are costly to replace. So when R2 comes with a setting where it doesn't pop up saying I need troops every time I don't want to use them (if telling me to just "rest" them, I wish that would work, but it will keep refilling as long I have some in the stock or pop up annoyingly when I do not), then I am game.

Comment

Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
              So when R2 comes with a setting where it doesn't pop up saying I need troops every time I don't want to use them (if telling me to just "rest" them, I wish that would work, but it will keep refilling as long I have some in the stock or pop up annoyingly when I do not), then I am game.
              Easy, work on your tattoos and make sure your negative value on all of them is charisma. I lowered my charisma so much my equipped troop count is -12456 (and that's with blessing wheel). No more annoying pop ups for me

As far as the OP goes, sounds like he's describing the game play of Empire Online or one of the similar style games. In which case he should go play those cause if R2 can't even get half the posted fixes right with the last patch, I don't want to see what they would do trying to get his suggestions implemented.

Comment

The problem with the games like Empire Online is that you can lose everything you have built overnight if you get targeted by one of the bully gangs in the game. It is a Pay2Bully game and I'd rather not go anywhere near such nonsense.

Comment

agree. at least wartune is still a social game & secret cults can't easily rule in here.

Comment

Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
                    Okay, you lost me at "two steps forward, two steps back". What EXACTLY are you trying to suggest, again?
                    I think that means no progress was made.
                    Reldra was here....

Comment

Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
                      Troops, seriously? Troops have been almost completely irrelevant for years now, it would be ridiculous to spend any time reworking them. Replacing them completely with a second eudaemon (or even third), or complete the change to using backup sylphs would make way more sense.
                      I'm baffled that you think these are good suggestions, when the game is clearly dying for reasons totally unrelated to having a more complex system of troops & eudaemons.

You want to bring back the useless need to run around the farms to harvest? Are you insane? Given that you devoted a full paragraph to the wrongness of the word "Sell", I'm not ruling that out. Also, "kids" is a term that players carried over from the Chinese Wartune, here they are guardian spirits, not even human, so you really have no cause to complain about the "slavery" of non-existent children.
                      Now, on newer servers , troops have become very important. They give incredible BR. People who are lvl 50 with say lvl 50 knights but have nothing else of note will have an incredible BR in comparison to people who are level 70 with lvl 50 demonic knights, a good sylph and a good eud and good gems.
                      Reldra was here....

Comment

The formula for BR is the same for all servers. I fail to see how it would affect newer servers but not older ones. Perhaps your idea of "incredible BR" is a tad different than more experienced players...

Comment

Oi, thanks mate. Was wondering how in the bugger I was going to go about with that. Will keep trying since I was working on them as such.

Back on topic. On Newer Servers, troops have become indeed important as cannon fodder/meat shields while you're building your main character. Later, Euds come in as an extra pair of hands and sometimes a "life saver" in a fight. But once you get to a certain point, you're going to go "meh" as you look upon your "highest" troops when they lose their luster. They can only go so much, folks. They are not meant to be there forever. They can still take a bullet for you, though.

Comment

negative stats, what the *** wartune smoked? negative troop number makes no senses. they should set it to 0

Comment

Belittling the objection to the concept of Eudaemon selling/slavery it says more about YOUR sanity than mine, especially since all they have to do is change the word "sell" to "dismiss" and the issue is resolved. Seriously though, what the hell does it matter if they are "human" or not? They are clearly humanoid/sentient. Your ignorance means you clearly deserve whatever current form of statist slavery you currently exist under, of course the irony is that I bet you don't even realize thats what it is because of the sheep effect.. Don't ever let me see you complain about the government,or corporate exploitation I will thoroughly troll your @$$. Also what the hell does it matter where the word "kid" comes from? The point is that its in popular use well beyond Chinese servers. So now "selling" "kids" is a thing in WT. I've already discussed this in game with mentor thankfully they didn't have the same ignorant misunderstanding of the social objection I'm raising and agreed to forward the objection to devs, I'm just hedging the issue in the forums for due diligence. Ironically I play another R2game where players can, "enslave" each other in farming and I have no objection because players can fight to liberate themselves or friends and it is an openly obvious feature of the game not an ethical oversight.

The irrelevance of the troops is part of why they need to be revamped imo. Just saying "oh you can just work on your sylphs and Eudaemons and ignore troops" is counter productive and makes sure the play balance gap between players remains wide not on account of their own choices, but because the devs have created a dead end feature (troops). The more diverse the paths to a strong player build the more players will be able to compete with each other without being of the same strategy, and it also reduces the impact of minor alterations to a few features. Obviously it comes down to preference I prefer the game to have players use troops as apparently was part of the original design. My ideas would just give the troops a more epic purpose in the game. Whats the point of giving players a city, and troops and putting them on a map if there is no warfare between the players, their cities and their troops!? IF its just going to be a 2-d dueling battle anyway why call them troops? You might prefer to focus on Sylph and/or enslaving Eudaemons to duel other players. That should be your choice but clearly its should not be the only way to go.

If I wanted to go play Empire Online I would do so, though I definitely share your implementation concern dealing with devs of WT and any browser game,thats part of why I'm taking the time to be so detailed in my suggestions to minimize the potential for **** implementation, but in any case that objection has nothing to do with the idea of the suggestion,is not in my area of influence, and would be a clearly nihilistic basis for not making the suggestion. IF devs and other player choose not to be proactive after I've shared my ideas thats their own prerogative, I'm just glad to share my ideas for a game I think has potential that I've LEARNED to enjoy, after that my part is done. The only reason I'm even responding to some of the replies is because they are so ridiculous that its kind've entertaining.
                              Last edited by MemoryLane; 03-17-2016, 10:22 AM. Reason: merged posts

Comment

Working...
                              X