Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can we get back 30 pvp points per win in arena?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can we get back 30 pvp points per win in arena?

now we only have 105 attempts per week, but need 67 wins for the chest.
    on average, matching takes me 60-180 seconds, each fight takes some 90-300 seconds.
    that cuts down the attempts to about 7-10 per day for people who work in the day and want to finish both eudaemon arena and group arena in 2 hours.
    it's already hard enough to have 67 wins over 105 attempts, not to mention on 5 out of 7 days many people can only get some 7-10 done, which is only 65-80 matches per week, basically impossible to get the weekly chest.
    not that we can't get pvp points from bg, but bg is not for non-vip, and bg also takes tons time each day for just a few wins, & the honor/insignia/titles are close to useless.
    comparing to bg, i'd still rather do arena & pick up league insignias & tenacity marks.

Are we playing the same game? I haven't seen matching take more than 60 seconds in a long time (although it goes over 50 seconds most of the time), and how are you getting so many close matches to fight at least 90 seconds? It's only a tiny minority of the matches I've seen that go over about 10 seconds. Maybe there's some sort of mid-range BR zone where those players get matched vs. each other more reliably, but 1-sided fights are the norm with everyone I talk to.

That said, I agree I'd like to see the pvp points increased, since newer players don't have a prayer of getting anywhere near the total they need unless they can regularly team up with a strong player.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
      Are we playing the same game? blah blah ... only a tiny minority of the matches I've seen that go over about 10 seconds ... blah blah ...
      apparently, some had stolen luck from some others. just another rigged example :_( T_T

i'd be happy if i could finish all 15 matches in 1 hour, even if every fight lasts only 10 seconds and i'm the one to get smoked. but sadly not the case for me.
      just finished my 15 rounds of being slowly grilled on a READY plate. started at 12:00 EDT and now finishing the last battle at 13:17 (not done yet...still at 300% & ongoing).

Comment

now finally finished my 15 rounds of the day, started at 12:00 & finished at 13:20. really can't do this every single day!!!

Comment

WHAT? We do arena max 20-30 min a day. lol
          Mazda
          S583

Before u start changing events and ask for more money, first fix tonnes of bugs!

Comment

Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
            apparently, some had stolen luck from some others. just another rigged example :_( T_T

i'd be happy if i could finish all 15 matches in 1 hour, even if every fight lasts only 10 seconds and i'm the one to get smoked. but sadly not the case for me.
            just finished my 15 rounds of being slowly grilled on a READY plate. started at 12:00 EDT and now finishing the last battle at 13:17 (not done yet...still at 300% & ongoing).
            You must be on a low-population server cluster, because you're literally the only person I've heard from who is having this kind of experience with arena. Everyone on my server (and the cluster it's in) has reported the terribly one-sided fights almost all the time, and that seems to be the common experience in other clusters.

It reminds me of what we used to see, before the arena matching turned into every match a 1-shot-kill. It was never quite so bad, but finding a match could take a lot longer, and fights could go on forever. Some of that was also the era of extreme element resistance, so that didn't help.

Comment

If it took me that long to do arena everytime, I would not be doing it. For me and assume like most others, takes about 30 minutes, 45 minues tops, I do run into some long battles each time I do arena. But half or more are fairly easy wins. And the matching time usually takes 1 minute every time so there is 15 minutes just in matching time which is a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
                You must be on a low-population server cluster, because you're literally the only person I've heard from who is having this kind of experience with arena. Everyone on my server (and the cluster it's in) has reported the terribly one-sided fights almost all the time, and that seems to be the common experience in other clusters.

It reminds me of what we used to see, before the arena matching turned into every match a 1-shot-kill. It was never quite so bad, but finding a match could take a lot longer, and fights could go on forever. Some of that was also the era of extreme element resistance, so that didn't help.
                well...i should be in a populous cluster, see quite a few familiar names active on this forum.
                it doesn't happen to my new alt on the same server. alt always took LESS than 30 seconds for matching and got OHKO every time (lvl80 & only 200k br...*blushes*).
                i, on the other hand, always ran out of opponents in matching & often took 3+ minutes to lose a battle. seems like lots high hp low atk opponents around.
                Last edited by R238423534; 03-18-2016, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
                  ...seems like lots high hp low atk opponents around...
                  a more elaborate version: it seems like most free players and small spenders in the 4-6m br range have this high def+hp low atk problem, or basically anyone with no other significant boosts other than gears & titles.
                  it's rooted to the fact that their stats come almost purely from gears and titles.
                  it was easier to get def+hp titles than atk titles. they took advantage of the clothing title events before they were gone.
                  we have 3 gears for atk, 3 for def, & 4 for hp. all 3 atk gears are regular gears. artifact & halidom, which give much higher stats boosts, give def & hp.
                  combined with low determination astral, low will crystals, 3 missing dimension slots, & low tattoos, chances are we all hit for low & endure for long against equal opponents.

ps. doing arena in a team seems much faster in matching btw. i almost always do it solo so maybe that's why matching takes so long. been doing all dailies solo for quite some weeks.

Comment

This is what I don't get, I have a toon on a west server that is low BR(400k) and every single arena match takes less than 20 seconds to match, most of them are instant. But other people on that same server takes 1 minute to match.

Comment

The hell you been getting 30+ second matches at? Most of my fights are only 3 seconds which doesn't tell me much other than the system's all <expletive>d up. I would kill for 30-45 second fights and only because it shows both sides on how strategic and agile they can be. Although we can do away with the 60 second matching and make it instantaneous or fast like it was before.
                      Vicious! Approach with Caution!
                      Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
                      Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
                      Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Matching is 60 seconds tops. The fight itself is 10 second tops. Either way the win goes.

Comment

i'm on eastern tz. maybe arlad or Z or dark could tell how long a match took them? well it wouldn't matter. top guys on same server & my alt's matches didn't take long either. seems like only the mids have this pattern.

Comment

I have an experimental set on 632, and all of my matches are in the upwards of 60 seconds to get in the door and about 3-5 seconds to be done with. This was tried with a 8-by-2 (Units and Sidekicks) formation just to see how long it would take.
                            Vicious! Approach with Caution!
                            Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
                            Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
                            Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Working...
                            X